XELAR Portable Security Door Lock
Last updated date: December 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Lock you should buy.
Editor's Note December 1, 2020:
Checkout The Best Portable Door Lock for a detailed review of all the top portable locks.
This portable door lock is constructed using heavy-duty steel and the latest electroplating and polishing technology. This makes it not only reliable and durable, but also easy to install and use. The small size means you can keep it in a purse or bag to have on hand in case you ever need it.
In our analysis, the XELAR XELAR Portable Security Door Lock placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EASY INSTALL WITH ZERO TOOLS - Universal usage: No need to nail or screw into anything, just put the medal part goes into the hole on the door jam then you close the door, take the gun handle and insert into the lock in place, then no one could get in and in case of an emergency you could remove the lock in seconds in the dark! Add XELAR portable door lock to provide you with a strong sense of safety. WIDE FUNCTIONALITY - You can use it at home or many other occasions, such as hotel, school, short term rental and so on, make sure your door has been locked when use it. easy to install without any tools required, the portable door lock is the second protection for home security, bring you better safety and privacy. You can use as emergency kit, interior door lock. STRONGER & SMOOTH TOUCH - XELAR travel door lock is upgraded with better performance and durability. Portable door lock made of heavy duty steel, the solid door lock are guaranteed to remain as good as new for a very long time. Used the latest electroplating and polishing technology to ensure a perfect smooth touch, avoid any injury while using door lock. Provides secondary security for travelers, college students, singles, at-home Moms. SMALL AND PORTABLE - Small enough to carry in pocket or handbag, this is a very handy device to have when not at home.Keep ones dignity intact. It better then lock chain in hotel door lock. Self defense and self protection for women in trip. Add a portable door lock to provide effective safety and protection for Hotels, Apartments, Dormitories, Bathrooms, Bedrooms. Portable travel door locks - Are warranted against manufacturing defects. In any case are XELAR responsible for user related damage or damage incurred during installation. The portable travel lock brings you additional safety, security and privacy. Deter children from opening door with this portable door lock.Also stop your smart dogs and cats from opening doors by themselves.(Just suitable for door that open inword).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Locks
If you’ve ever worried about the strength of the locks in your hotel room, you know the benefits a travel lock can bring. In fact, with more people staying in vacation rental homes than ever, portable security locks have gained attention in recent years. You don’t know who has access to your vacation home when you’re staying there, so an extra lock can provide protection against previous guests who still have the keycode.
A secondary lock should be small enough to slide into the pocket of a purse or suitcase without weighing you down or getting in the way. But it should also be sturdy enough to provide the security you need, use after use. Hopefully, you’ll never have to test its strength in a real break-in situation, but you’ll want the security of knowing it will work if necessary.
For best results, look at the materials used to put the security device together. It should be made of heavy-duty materials like steel. Any secondary pieces should easily hold up. Some security locks are built to slide over the strike plate, while others are more of a doorstop, sliding under the bottom of the door to keep it from budging.
With the type of lock that fits over the strike plate, the key is to fit over the existing setup without damaging it. These devices can vary in how they work, but usually, you can put them in place in a matter of seconds. You may need to follow the instructions the first couple of times but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it’s easy.
Before you buy a portable door lock, check the door specifications. Many of them only work with a door that opens inward. These locks are designed for hinged doors, too. If you have a sliding door, you’ll need a different kind of security lock.
The Portable Lock Buying Guide
- If you’re buying a portable door lock for use in vacation homes and hotel rooms, make sure the design won’t damage the door.
- Although you can easily tuck your portable door lock into a pocket, having a storage pouch can be useful. If your lock doesn’t come with one, consider purchasing one separately.
- With some portable door locks, the red handle is everything. This is the piece that blocks the door when someone tries to open it. Look for a handle that’s thick and solid and can withstand great force.
- Some portable door locks come with a built-in alarm. If someone tries to open the door, the alarm makes an ear-piercing noise. It’s not connected to emergency personnel, but it could be enough to scare someone away.
- Before you slide the lock into place, look carefully at any instructions. Some will let you test it before you install it.
- You may want to test the lock to make sure it’s secure after it’s installed. Have someone stand outside the door and try to open it.
- Although portable door locks are great for traveling, if you’re looking for something for a longer-term residence, like an apartment or dorm room, it might be worth investing in a deadbolt lock. If one isn’t provided, check with your landlord or dorm advisor to ask if it’s okay to install such a thing.
- How the device behaves when it’s removed is important, as well. You’ll want a lock that doesn’t break into multiple pieces as soon as you extract it from the door.
- For hotel rooms, doorstop-style locks work well. They can handle a wide range of door stops and will easily store in your luggage or carry-on bag.
- Try to avoid leaving valuables in your rental house or hotel room when you’re out. You won’t have your extra security lock to protect everything. You may want to use the hotel room’s safe or bring your own if you’re staying in a rental house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide