XDesign Universal Car Vent Phone Mount
Last updated date: August 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Vent Phone Mounts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Vent Phone Mount you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Car Vent Phone Mount for a detailed review of all the top car vent phone mounts.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the XDesign Universal Car Vent Phone Mount placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
QUICK RELEASE BUTTON- Simply press the button on the back of the device and the extendable arms will slide out. Then, place smartphone inside and clamp arms back inwards to secure your smartphone. It’s that simple! 360° ROTATION- Complete 360° rotation provides any type of viewing angle. Whether listening to a music playlist vertically, or watching your GPS horizontally, get the safest hands-free user experience with a full 360° angle. 2 LEVEL LOCKING- 2 unique levels to lock your device to your car air vent blades. Level I is used for thicker blades while Level II is used for thinner air vent blades. With two different level locks, ensure your car mount and smartphone stay safe and secure. UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE- Nearly any smartphone will work with the XDesign car mount. The broad compatibility across multiple devices allows for nearly all users to enjoy a snug fit and safe ride with their smartphone (Note: Do not work w/ circular air vent). ONE YEAR WARRANTY- XDesign is proud to offer a one year warranty on this product.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Car Vent Phone Mounts
When choosing a car vent holder for your smartphone, the most important thing to think about is the size of your phone. Measure the height, width and depth of your phone and ensure that the manufacturer’s specifications will accommodate the phone you have. Checking reviews from other customers is a good idea, too, just in case you have a phone that isn’t mentioned as being compatible.
Keep in mind, too, the size of your phone both with and without its case. If you use any sort of angled display attachments on your phone, they should be measured, too.
Car vent holders often are made to spin 360 degrees to enable you the best possible view of your phone. However, it’s important that you never look at your phone while operating a vehicle. Since these mounts may be adjustable, encourage your passenger to check your phone on your behalf while you drive.
The arms on a car vent mount need to be sturdy to properly hold your phone in place. In addition, the holder as a whole should be well-built and tight to your device to prevent wobbling or drops. This is another reason choosing the right size car holder is critical.
Many smartphone car vent holders come in black, but you may be able to find other colors or finishes to complement the inside of your vehicle. Once you’ve identified a brand that seems like it would suit your needs, see if they have other colors available.
Finally, car vent mounts come as both traditional case models that grip the sides of your phone, and magnetic models that you simply place your phone on top of. Provided the reviews support the ability of a mount to hold your phone in place, either type can work well. You’ll have to decide which would be better for you.
The Car Vent Phone Mount Buying Guide
- Be sure to measure your phone before you order a vent mount. Many holders claim to be universal, but they won’t fit every phone on the market.
- Do you or your passengers need frequent access to a phone for directions or calls during a road trip? Magnetic vent holders offer a simple solution.
- If you’d prefer something with a bit more side stability to prevent jostling of your device, choosing a traditional case-style vent holder can be a good idea.
- Look for unique colors or interesting patterns if you’d like to spice up your vehicle’s interior with a vent holder. Many vent holders come in a standard black, with some variations available.
- If you order a vent holder and find it doesn’t sit quite right on your supposedly compatible phone, try taking the case off your phone to see whether it yields a better fit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide