XBwig Washable Adjustable Fake Hair Ponytail
Last updated date: May 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 1, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fake Hair Ponytail for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis, the XBwig XBwig Washable Adjustable Fake Hair Ponytail placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Basic Information. Length: 18″ curly; 21 or 22″ wavy and 24″ straight; Weight: 5.3 oz; 100% Synthetic High Temperature Fiber(optimal temperature is 250-275 degrees). Going above 350 degrees is not recommended. Easy To Put In and Take Off. The claw design makes it very simple to use, and it only needs to be clamped to fix it. You just tie your hair into a ponytail, then open the claw to fix the pony tail, and immediately become a prolonged ponytail shape, adding you hair volume and making you look more elegant and beautiful.Removing it just cost few seconds. Colors. Because each display is different, there may be a little color difference. We recommend choosing the shade that matches with the darker color closer to your roots. Because we have adjusted the color description, the description on the product package and the description on the page you receive will be different. We absolutely did not send the wrong item. Washable and Easy to Care. Just using a little mild shampoo in cold or warm water,finally allow it to air dry.We recommend brushing it with a wide tooth comb designed for wigs to detangle after every wear to keep it looking new. Suitable Occasions. Perfect for Daily Use, concerts, theme parties, weddings, dating, and also Halloween, Cosplay, etc. Also will be nice gifts for your friends and families.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Whether you’re preparing to attend a special event or just want the look of longer hair once in a while, getting a fake ponytail can open up many styling options. While you can find some ponytail hair extensions made out of human hair, fake ponytails made of synthetic materials remain common as they’re widely available and tend to cost a lot less than the real version.
Fake ponytails come with different options for how they attach to your hair. Many will have a claw clip so that you can clip the fake ponytail over your own ponytail. Others wrap around your hair using a tie and feature clips that get a better hold.
When shopping for fake ponytails, you’ll find that some are made of materials that allow for you to curl or straighten the hair with heating tools. Usually, you’ll need to use a lower temperature to avoid destroying a fake ponytail. Some of the least expensive fake ponytails aren’t heat-safe, so you’ll need to purchase the hairstyle you prefer.
You can find fake ponytails in short length all the way up to almost 3 feet long. The shorter options tend to work better for daily wear, while the extra-long ponytails can give you an eye-catching look for special events like weddings and dances.
You can expect a wide variety of color options in fake ponytails. Most brands offer the most common natural colors in varying shades, but you can even find fake ponytails with highlights or fun colors like silver or bright red.
You can also find options with curly, straight and wavy hair. You’ll want to consider whether the fake ponytail is heat-safe so you don’t get stuck with a specific hair type that you won’t want to have often.
The Buying Guide
- Before purchasing a fake ponytail, make sure that your hair is long enough to use the attachment provided. You can try putting your hair in a bun or ponytail and testing whether a claw clip fits over it securely if you opt for that type of connection. Opting for a version with clips and a hair tie might provide some extra security or comfort versus the claw clip version.
- Check your fake ponytail’s manufacturer’s instructions to see whether it’s safe to wash. Usually, you’ll use cold water and gentle shampoo made for fake hair. To avoid destroying your fake ponytail, don’t just use your regular hair products, and be gentle when washing the hair. Let it air dry.
- If your fake ponytail’s instructions don’t mention the use of heat tools, avoid the temptation to use any. They can burn the hair and destroy it. If you have a heat-safe option, follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use the lowest heat setting possible to be safe.
- As long as you take care of your fake ponytail, you can expect it to last at least a few months. Limiting heat use and keeping the hairpiece from getting tangled will help it look better for longer. If you only use the fake ponytail for special events, you could potentially get years of use out of it.
- Never try to use any hair color or bleach on a fake ponytail. These chemicals won’t work on non-human hair, and they’ll just destroy the hairpiece.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide