XBOX ONE Forza Motorsport 6
Last updated date: August 29, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Racing Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Racing Game you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best Racing Game for a detailed review of all the top racing games.
In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the XBOX ONE Forza Motorsport 6 placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Collect and customize over 450 Forzavista; cars in the most beautiful and comprehensive racing game of this generation. Compete in epic multiplayer races on world-famous tracks. As Real As It Gets Breathtaking graphics at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. Witness the spectacle of night racing under the stadium lights of Daytona and the intense claustrophobia of racing by headlight in the utter blackness of Le Mans’ back stretch. Experience the immersion of racing in the rain as working wipers barely clear the spray and tires hydroplane across physically based 3D puddles. Ultimate Car Fantasy Collect and race over 450 Forzvista cars, all featuring cockpits, damage and customization. Tour 26 world-famous locales, including 10 newly captured tracks, all built from the ground up for Xbox One. Relive the classic races and epic rivalries that have defined motorsports’ greatest moments. Never Race Alone Home of the greatest racing, tuning and painting community in gaming. New Forza Race Leagues and online spectating combine to give everyone the thrill of professional competitive multiplayer racing. Compete in epic 24 player races in campaign mode and on Xbox Live. By learning to drive like your friends, Drivatar technology and the Xbox Live cloud deliver real human behavior, giving you dynamic human-like opponents.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Racing Games
There’s no doubt that you’ve seen car commercials where the car moves at top speed through mountain roads or races through the desert. As the commercial ends, tiny print at the bottom of the screen appears: “Do not attempt.”
Most of us would never try to drift around an airplane runway at night, but why should stunt drivers have all the fun? Racing video games can give you the same thrills and chills without the risk.
Today’s titles have unbelievable graphics that make you feel like you’re right there, speeding through gorgeous settings featuring British castles or rolling Irish hills. Realistic, dynamic weather and thoughtful soundtracks add an extra layer of shine on the latest games.
There are two major sub-genres of racing games, and most players prefer one or the other. Simulation racers are designed to be as realistic as possible. The cars respond with physics that mimic real-life driving in an open-world setting. (Open world means that you’re not limited by a closed racetrack. You can drive off-road and you’ll never hit a wall where the graphics end.) Some people find these games more difficult to play, but diehard car and racing fans love them. The Forza Horizon series has some of the most popular simulation racing games
Arcade-style racing games put less emphasis on realistic controls and focus on creating the most enjoyable race possible for a general audience. You’re usually confined to a track, but the games are loaded with extras like weapons, boosters and ramps for trick jumps. The controls are usually easier to pick up. The Mario Kart series is one example of arcade-style games.
Some games straddle the line between simulation and arcades, with ramps, missions and off-road activities hidden throughout an open-world environment. They usually have unlockable levels and fun extras to keep you playing.
Both simulation games and arcade games have more options for cars, drivers and customization than ever before. You can choose from hundreds of vehicles, like Ferraris, Audis and Beamers. Online playing expands your gaming world, connecting you with friends and challenging players across the globe.
Now that you’ve got a solid grasp of racing games, zip on over to our Tips & Advice section to help you choose the perfect one.
The Racing Game Buying Guide
- First off, consider what gaming system you use before you buy. Most games are built to run on multiple systems, but there can be subtle differences between the controls and features from console to console. Make sure that you’re okay with any user differences on your console.
- Next, you’ll want to think about whether you’re looking for an arcade racer or a simulation racer. If you want to pull off high jumps, drifts and other tricks while you attack your fellow racers, look for an arcade racer. If you’re more concerned with realistic driving in gorgeous outdoor settings, a simulation racer is the right pick.
- The controls in some games are easier to pick up than in others. In general, arcade-style games have simpler controls and are friendlier to general interest players or kids. Simulation-style games rely on accurate physics, so their controls will be closer to an actual driving experience. They’re better for older players or serious racing game junkies.
- Customization options abound in modern racing games. Some games let you modify every detail of a car down to the lug nut, while others just let you switch colors or models. Drivers can also be modified, or you can choose from a roster of professional racers. Pick a game with plenty of modification possibilities if that’s something you really want.
- Today’s racing games offer far more than laps around a track. Face-off races, where you challenge other players online, can create a new challenge every time. You can also play against your old times in some games, or earn new cars or abilities if you master tricks or beat off-road challenges. Choose a game the type of add-ons that will keep you playing.
- Racers take place almost entirely online. The type of server that each game has will affect how quickly it loads and how well it performs. For the fastest experience, look for a game that has a dedicated server. That means that the server is only used for gameplay and doesn’t waste bandwidth on other things like connected e-commerce stores.
- The speed of your home internet will also factor into how quickly your game loads and how smooth your experience is. Check out how much bandwidth each game requires and make sure your current Internet plan matches.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide