Wusthof Classic IKON Balanced Knife Set, 7-Piece
Last updated date: August 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Knife Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Knife Set you should buy.
Update as August 11, 2022:
Checkout Take Command Over Your Kitchen With The Best Knife Set for a detailed review of all the top knife sets.
This sophisticated and useful knife set is the best overall because of its sharpness and diversity of knives included. With an appealing walnut-colored block, this seven-piece knife set includes all the basics necessary for a typical kitchen. Wusthof is a well-respected name in cutlery. In our testing, we found that the knives felt very balanced and sturdy.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Wusthof Classic IKON Balanced Knife Set, 7-Piece placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our stylish Wüsthof Ikon cutlery offers a contemporary profile with handles of durable polypropylene. This well-balanced set of kitchen knives boasts high-carbon-steel blades with full tangs and double bolsters for balance and stability.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Knife Sets
A good set of knives can last a while. In fact, you may buy a set when you move into your first apartment and find that you still have it when you’re ready to upgrade to your first home. But every knife has a shelf life, which means you’ll eventually have to trade that old set in for a new one.
There are many factors to consider when you’re shopping for knives. Many knife sets come in wood blocks fitted with slots perfectly shaped to fit each knife. Do you need a block? That depends. Some homeowners prefer to have their knives neatly tucked away in a drawer when not in use. Others prefer those magnetic strips that hang on a wall to hold the knives in place.
The benefit of a knife block is it turns your cutlery into an attractive part of your kitchen décor. You can find a wood type and color that perfectly matches your own kitchen, making it an enhancement. But beyond storing your knives, you’ll also need to consider the type and quality of the set you’re buying.
At the very least, you’ll likely need steak knives and perhaps a utility knife for your kitchen. But if you’re a true chef, there’s a wide range of knives you’ll need, including those that can help with peeling fruits and vegetables or cutting bread without tearing it. One nice upgrade is sharpening steel to keep your knives in peak condition for many years. Many knife sets also come with kitchen shears for the many times you’ll need them.
Of course, the quality of knives is also important. Look for well-known brands like Cuisinart and Wusthof, which have established themselves as leaders in their industry. When a manufacturer develops a reputation as having a commitment to excellence, you’ll know you’re getting a product that’s built to last.
The Knife Set Buying Guide
- Chances are one of the top factors in choosing a knife set for your kitchen is appearance. You may wish to go with a light-colored wood block or a dark walnut. The Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece comes with a translucent caddy, making it a better pick for matching existing kitchenware.
- You can’t go wrong with a classic, so look for a model that blends with every type of décor. The Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece is popular as well, perhaps in part due to its versatility.
- Once you’ve gotten past the aesthetics, it’s time to look at the actual cutlery each set offers. The fullest range of knives comes with the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece. In each set, you’ll get a parer, utility knife, serrated bread knife, Santoku, chef’s knife, steak knives, shears and a sharpener. But if you only need the basics, a set that includes a parer, utility knife, bread knife, shears and honing steel is just fine.
- Before you invest in a knife set, you likely want to make sure it will last. The Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece set offers superb quality, while other sets are also durable, thanks to their tough handle and laser-tested edge.
- The lowest-priced set in the bunch is the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece, which is a great deal with 16 knives and a block included for just under $35. The Master Maison Premium Kitchen Knife Set & Block, 7-Piece set is slightly more expensive than that, with the Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece retailing for around $60.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide