Wrangler Authentics Classic Men’s Carpenter Pants
Last updated date: June 29, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Men's Carpenter Pants and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Men's Carpenter Pant you should buy.
When you opt for these men's carpenter pants, you'll enjoy easy accessibility to all of your most important tools. The pants have one hammer loop, two back pockets, two slash pockets and two tool pockets. Made with stretch fabric and designed with a relaxed fit, these pants are also extremely comfortable. In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Wrangler Authentics Wrangler Authentics Classic Men's Carpenter Pants placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Men’s Carpenter Pants for a detailed review of all the top men's carpenter pants.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
68% Cotton/32% Polyester, Imported, Machine Wash. Built with (2) slash pockets, (2) back pockets, (2) tool pockets on the right leg, and (1) hammer loop on the left, these carpenter jeans are made to keep your tools easily accessible while working on the job or in the workshop. Constructed with your comfort in mind, these carpenter pants are made with a relaxed seat and thigh and sit at the natural waistline. Great for any woodworker or craftsman, this classic carpenter pant is designed in an authentic carpenter style and durable materials that keep you comfortable and protected. These carpenter jeans are made with stretch fabric that keep you comfortable all day and built to last through any task. Finished with a brass zipper fly and metal button closure, these work pants are made with durable rivet reinforcements at the pocket stress points.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Men's Carpenter Pants
While there’s nothing more rewarding than working with your hands, daily manual labor can be tough on a person’s clothing. A few quality pairs of men’s carpenter pants are a must, as they are designed to withstand abuse, while also providing additional functionality in the way of extra pockets and loops for storing your tools.
Decide what type of fit you’re looking for. Classic and relaxed fit are both excellent choices, as they have a relaxed seat and thigh and sit at the natural waistline. They are comfortable to wear and won’t constrict as you move around completing various work projects. You’ll find these styles come in either 100% cotton or a cotton/polyester blend.
Review the construction of the men’s carpenter pants to make sure they will hold up under pressure. For example, the Dickies Relaxed Fit Duck Men’s Carpenter Pants are made with triple-stitched seams, as well as brass rivets that keep the fabric from ripping at important stress points. The pants also use brass zippers that stay put.
Check that you can get the pants in the size and color you want. The Levi Strauss Signature Gold Label Men’s Carpenter Pants not only come in regular sizes, but they also have a line of big and tall sizes. They also come with a choice of five different colors, including mocha, light indigo and rafter. Other brands have additional color choices, like navy, dark moss and golden khaki.
Consider how many pockets you need the pants to have to make your job a bit easier. The Wrangler Authentics Classic Men’s Carpenter Pants comes with one hammer loop, two slash pockets, two back pockets and two tool pockets. You’ll find carpenter pants can also be purchased with less or more pockets, if needed.
Determine whether you need a pair of men’s carpenter pants that goes above and beyond. For example, the Caterpillar Trademark Men’s Carpenter Pants is tough on the outside but brushed for softness on the inside. The knees are double layered and contain an opening for adding a set of knee pads. That’s especially helpful if you’re job requires you to spend time in a kneeling position.
DWYM Fun Fact
While originally designed for those in the carpenter trade, men’s carpenter pants are beneficial for a variety of laborers. For example, carpenter pants typically come with a hammer loop, but painters could use this loop to hold a paintbrush. The pants also have multiple deep pockets to hold everything from a measuring tape to a pair of pliers.
Men’s carpenter pants are often made from denim. Although this material was first invented back in 1873 by Jacob Davis, it didn’t become a popular choice for carpenter pants until the 1990s. Denim was an excellent choice, as it was much more durable and able to stand up to the abuse of a long and hard workday.
The Men's Carpenter Pant Buying Guide
- Make sure the men’s carpenter pants you’re interested in are machine washable, especially since you’ll need to wash them frequently.
- Use a heavy-duty laundry detergent if your pants are heavily soiled. You may also want to add a color-safe oxygen tablet to help break up tough dirt and stains.
- Some carpenter pants also include a secure pocket specifically designed to hold your cell phone. Look for this feature if you don’t want to risk the phone falling out of your back pocket.
- Take your measurements and compare them to the size chart of the pants you’re interested in buying. Keep in mind that not all brands have sizes that are equal to one another. Begin measuring loosely around your waist and then move on to the widest part of your hips. Lastly, you’ll need to measure your inseam, which is the area from just below your crotch to an inch above your ankle.
- Look for a wider leg if you plan on pulling the pants down over a pair of boots.
- No matter what your budget, you’re sure to find a quality pair of men’s carpenter pants to add to your wardrobe. The Levi Strauss Signature Gold Label Men’s Carpenter Pants and the Wrangler Authentics Classic Men’s Carpenter Pants are among the most affordable options, while the Dickies Relaxed Fit Duck Men’s Carpenter Pants has a moderate price tag. You’ll pay a higher price for the Caterpillar Trademark Men’s Carpenter Pants, as they are outfitted with a set of knee pads.