World Kitchen Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-Inch
Last updated date: January 25, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Angel Food Cake Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Angel Food Cake Pan you should buy.
In our analysis of 29 expert reviews, the World Kitchen World Kitchen Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Angel Food Cake Pan for a detailed review of all the top angel food cake pans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
If You Enjoy Baking And Enjoy Eating Cake, This Angel Food Cake Pan Is A Great Fit For Your Home! Surprise Your Family And Loved Ones With A Personalized Cake This Holiday Season With This Pan For The Perfect Cake Every Time! Baker's Secret, 2 Piece, Angel Food Tubed Cake Pan, With Non Stick Interior.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Angel Food Cake Pans
Who doesn’t love a good angel food cake? This scrumptious dessert is known for being light and low in calories. In fact, the average slice contains just 72 calories. To make an angel food cake from scratch, you’ll need a tube cake pan that can also be used to make bundt cakes.
Decide whether you’d like your cake pan to come in one or two pieces. You won’t get any leaking with a one-piece pan, but a two-piece pan makes it easier to release the angel food cake once it’s done baking.
Of course, you want your cake pan to come with a nonstick coating to keep the angel food cake from sticking to the sides. A food-grade silicone coating is better than a Teflon coating, as it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that could leach into the food.
Check the construction material next. A heavy-gauge aluminized steel is ideal, as it distributes heat evenly. You won’t have to worry about the centers being under baked when the outer crust is fully cooked.
Consider any extras that the angel food cake pan has to offer. For example, there are models with handles to make transporting the pan in and out of the oven safer. Other models come equipped with feet, so that when you turn them upside down, air can flow underneath the pan.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that October 10th is National Angel Food Cake Day? Here are a few more interesting facts about this delicious dessert:
- While no one really knows who first came up with the recipe for angel food cake, we do know it was first mentioned in 1884 in the cookbook “The Original Boston Cooking School Cook Book” by Mrs. D.A. Lincoln.
- Although angel food cake is tasty by itself, it can be topped with fresh fruit, such as crushed pineapple, sliced strawberries with whipped cream or mixed berries.
- A little less popular, but still just as tasty are toppings of chocolate ganache, bananas foster and homemade lemon curd.
The Angel Food Cake Pan Buying Guide
- Always check the product label to determine whether your angel food cake pan is dishwasher safe. Keep in mind that even if it is dishwasher safe, the harsh chemicals and high heat can damage the pan’s nonstick coating. You may wish to wash the pan by hand to prolong its life.
- To clean the angel food cake pan by hand, simply wash it with a little dish soap and warm water. When dealing with stuck-on foods, you’ll need to use a non-abrasive sponge, as steel wool pads will remove the nonstick coating.
- It is possible for nonstick cooking spray to discolor an angel food cake pan. Use with caution.
- Construction, size and features all play a roll in the price of an angel food cake pan. The Cuisinart Nonstick Tube Cake Pan, 9-Inch is basic in design, and therefore lower in price than the CHEFMADE Angel Food Cake Pan, 8-Inch. Since the Nordic Ware Platinum Angel Food Cake Pan, 10-Inch is larger than the Chicago Metallic Angel Food Cake Pan, 9.5-Inch, you can expect to pay a little more money for it.