Winware Stainless Double Boiler & Cover, 8-Quart
Last updated date: February 18, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Double Boilers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Double Boiler you should buy.
Update as February 18, 2021:
Checkout The Best Double Boiler for a detailed review of all the top double boilers.
Whether you're looking to match homemade yogurt or melt beeswax, this double boiler has you covered. It's high-quality construction means it will stand up to just about any task. In fact, it's made from stainless steel, which is well known for its even heat distribution.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Winware Stainless Double Boiler & Cover, 8-Quart placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Since our beginnings in 1992, we have been dedicated to providing a wide range of quality products with chefs and restaurateurs in mind. We deliver quality food service products for busy kitchens that enhance food preparation, cooking and dining experiences for operators and patrons. Winco was established on the idea that a small wares and equipment supplier must be able to deliver quality products as well as partnership services, and this remains the company’s foundation. These joint strengths, combined with the passion for food service, are why Winco continues to be recognized as a leading brand in the industry.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Double Boilers
Everyone has gotten halfway through a recipe, only to see a reference to a piece of unfamiliar cookware. One of those items is a double boiler, which is especially popular for melting chocolate and cooking sauces and custards.
If you’ve ever seen a double boiler mentioned in a recipe, you’ve probably done what many others have over the years: conducted an online search for a substitute. You can easily get great results by filling a small saucepan with water, fitting a metal mixing bowl with the items you’re cooking inside it and boiling the water until your ingredients are melted.
But if you’re going to be making candy, sauces or other similar recipes on a regular basis, a double boiler will be well worth the investment. A double boiler comes with both pots you need to execute these recipes. Unlike a saucepan and mixing bowl, an official double boiler will be specifically designed for melting in the top pot, including a design that ensures even cooking.
There are many double boilers on the market, varying in design and price. Before you choose one over another, pay close attention to the many benefits each one offers. You may find that you save a couple of dollars, only to struggle with slow or uneven heating. You also could find that you choose a double boiler that isn’t built to last, forcing you to replace it soon after you buy it.
The Double Boiler Buying Guide
- Different types of cooktops require different pots and pans. If you have a stove that uses induction heating to cook, you’ll find that many of the stainless-steel pots on the market aren’t compatible. Look for one that specifically advertises that it works over induction heat.
- Wooden spoons are safest with stainless steel cookware. However, some double boilers have a finish that doesn’t scratch when used with metal cooking utensils.
- Between uses, you’ll need somewhere to store your double boiler. If you hang your pots and pans, look for a set that has hooks or holes in each handle. If not, consider how much space they’ll take up and make sure you have enough room in your cabinets for storing them.
- Cleaning is a consideration with any cookware. A nonstick surface can keep things quick and painless. However, a dishwasher-safe double boiler can be even more convenient.
- Stainless steel pans traditionally had handles that heated up during use, requiring you to use a potholder. For this reason, it’s important to be extra diligent while shopping to make sure you get a double boiler with stay-cool handles.
- If you ever plan to use either of the pans in your oven, look for one that has handles that are oven safe up to the heat level you’ll need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide