Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
Last updated date: November 23, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt Grinder you should buy.
Included in the Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set is a handy stand that keeps the grinders organized on your table. The stainless steel grinder mechanisms won't rust or corrode and the glass bodies allow you to see when the grinders need to be refilled. Users will also appreciate the ability to switch between three different coarseness settings. In our analysis of 77 expert reviews, the Willow & Everett Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 25, 2019:
Checkout The Best Salt Grinder for a detailed review of all the top salt grinders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
We Make Quality Our Top Priority Willow & Everett was born out of two people's love for their kitchen and entertaining in their home. It was founded on the principle that the kitchen truly is the heart of the home, and the reality that any table is warmer with people gathered around it. Willow & Everett designs and offers customers kitchen and home products that deliver on both function AND design, made to be aesthetically pleasing as well as work-horses in the kitchen that will help you get the job done. Veteran-founded and operated, Willow & Everett is not only focused on excellent quality products, but on giving back as well. Willow & Everett believes in giving out of what you have - no matter how big or small. Founded on that philosophy, the company gives 10% of its profits to the Wounded Warrior Project and to providing education and healthcare to children in impoverished areas of Uganda. High Quality Glass and Stainless Steel Grinder Set These salt and pepper shakers feature a modern design and are stylish and elegant enough for kitchen-to-table use! Its elegant design showcases a brushed stainless steel encasing, glass body and ceramic grinder. This unique duo is a professional, sleek addition to any kitchen, with a stainless steel lid that truly "caps" off this beautiful set. No tacky electrical grinders here means no batteries required--only a few effortless twists with your hand to experience that fresh himalayan salt, pepper, or other spice. Built for Convenience and Function The ceramic grinder is non-corrosive and won't absorb flavors, while a plastic knob on top of each salt and pepper mill allows you to easily adjust from a fine to coarse grind. When you do have to refill, the clear glass bodies will let you know when it's time! The stainless steel top easily screws off revealing a wide opening for easy and mess free refills. These elegent salt and pepper shakers are classy enough to be found in a five star restaurant or as a beautiful addition to your kitchen table. Being glass means not only can you see how much is inside but you can tell if it's salt, black pepper, red, white or garlic pepper. Not only is there a cover to keep the peppercorns fresh, but these can be turned upside down to use so no pepper leaks out onto the table! These tall stainless steel salt and pepper shakers 'feel' right in your hand, not bulky or off balanced, sturdy and practical yet attractive for any table setting from fine china to a picnic.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt Grinders
No dining table is complete without a salt and pepper grinder. These two spices add a burst of flavor to a host of foods, and having a set readily available where you eat allows all guests seated at the table to season their meal to taste. There are a few things you’ll want to consider as you begin your hunt for the perfect grinder.
Check the construction. Some models are made using acrylic bodies, while others are created from glass. You’ll also find models that are completely constructed from wood. While these are attractive, they don’t allow you to view the amount of spice left in the grinder.
Examine the grinding mechanism and take note of the materials used to make it. The OXO Clear Salt Grinder uses a ceramic grinder that won’t absorb any of the spice’s flavors or odors, while the Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set is made of stainless steel that won’t rust or stain.
Review how many coarseness settings the grinder has to see if it meets your needs. The Cole & Mason Medium Forest Wood Salt Mill features three coarse settings; however, other models offer as many as five. You’ll also want to make sure you can switch from fine to coarse with ease, especially if you’re working on multiple dishes at the same time.
Inspect the grinder to see how easy or tough it is to refill. Models with screw top lids are ideal, as are tops that release when you simply pull upward. Keep in mind that some models are refilled from the top, while others are refilled from the bottom. You may actually need to flip the grinder over to unscrew the cap.
Look for any extras that may set one grinder apart from another. The Latent Epicure Salt and Pepper Grinder Set, for example, is battery operated and able to grind your spices with the touch of a button. It also comes with an LED light that lets you know when you’ve added just the right amount of spice and a plastic stand that collects any extra salt and pepper remnants.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that the USDA daily recommended dose of salt is just one teaspoon? If you enjoy this flavorful spice, you may be interested in learning a few more fun facts about salt.
- Salt was actually used as a form of currency in Ethiopia up until the 20th century.
- Salt is needed for everything from balancing sugar levels within the body to clearing the lungs of mucus and phlegm.
- If your pet has fleas, you can actually use salt to get rid of fleas naturally.
- The world’s largest salt flat is located in Bolivia and spans 4,000 square miles.
- Sea salt extracted from the ocean has 84 minerals that are good for the body.
The Salt Grinder Buying Guide
- If the salt grinder you’re interested in comes with a warranty or guarantee, make sure you know what it covers. Some warranties and guarantees only cover the grinding mechanism. That won’t help if you have a problem with the lid or the actual container.
- It’s good practice to clean out your salt and pepper grinders from time to time. To do this, you’ll need to unscrew the lids and shake out any old spices that still remain in the grinders. If you have any trouble getting them out, use a can of air to force it out. Now you can scrub the inside of the grinders with a bottle brush and a little dish soap. Feel free to use a regular washcloth or sponge to clean the outside. Allow the grinders to air dry. If the outside glass has any streaks, you can wipe them away with a little white distilled vinegar.
- Your pepper grinder can be used to grind other foods as well. You can use them to grind mushrooms for a soup, coffee beans for a hot cup of java and coriander seeds for a homemade salad dressing.
- Prices for salt grinders vary by the materials used to construct them, as well as any special features they may have. You’ll find the Willow & Everett Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Grinder Set and the OXO Clear Salt Grinder are more affordable options, as they are more standard. Shoppers will find the Latent Epicure Salt and Pepper Grinder Set commands a higher price thanks to its battery-powered and one-button operation. The Cole & Mason Medium Forest Wood Salt Mill is also more expensive because it’s made using a rich attractive wood that’s more upscale.