Wildone Leak-Proof BPA Free Cereal Storage Container, 6-Piece
Last updated date: May 15, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cereal Containers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cereal Container you should buy.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Wildone Wildone Cereal Storage Container, 6-Piece placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cereal Container and Container Sets for a detailed review of all the top cereal containers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This set Includes 4 medium containers(54.1 fl.oz/1.6L), 2 big containers(121.8 fl.oz/ 3.6L), 1 measuring cup(8.5 fl.oz/0.25 L), 20 chalkboard labels and 1 marker pen, allowing you to organize your kitchen and pantry like never before.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cereal Containers
Ever wake up in the morning, excited for breakfast, only to discover that your cereal is now stale? One of the most appealing aspects of eating cereal is feeling the crispy crunch amidst the cool milk. However, if the crunch is replaced by a soggy stale taste, you’re not going to enjoy your breakfast.
Keeping cereal fresh for long periods of time can be difficult. You need to ensure that the plastic cereal bag is closed tightly, such as with an elastic band, and that the box is closed shut. However, sometimes, that’s not enough. This is when a cereal container comes in handy.
A cereal container is an airtight food storage box, typically made of BPA-free plastic or glass. The key is to find one that has a tight-fitting lid that seals closed, so that your cereal stays fresh inside. Often, cereal containers are thin and tall, much like the shape of a cereal box. This makes them easy to store in your cabinets, or in the same places you would normally store cereal boxes.
Not only are cereal containers great for keeping boxed cereal fresh, but they are perfect vessels for bulk cereal too. If you shop at a bulk food store, you can keep your cereal in the containers, instead of in the plastic bag they usually come home in. This makes it easy to pour without spills or messes.
Look for a container that is see-through, so you can easily tell which kind of cereal is inside. This way, you can avoid opening up the box and letting out the freshness each time you want to know what’s in it. Opt for a durable container that won’t break if it topples. This is key if you have little children who will be pouring their own cereal.
DWYM Fun Fact
Cereal has come a long way from the convenience food we know and love. The first ready-made cereal actually had to be soaked overnight before eating. Invented by dietician Dr. James Caleb Jackson, “granula” was made out of graham flour dough, which was baked in long sheets and then broken into small bite-sized pieces. Imagine having to remember to soak your cereal before going to bed, otherwise, you’d be without breakfast in the morning.
The familiar cereal name granola actually comes from Dr. Jackson’s granula. Dr. Kellogg had created a similar cereal to Dr. Jackson but had to change the name when threatened with legal action. As a result, he landed on “granola.”
The Cereal Container Buying Guide
- One of the main considerations when buying cereal containers is the lid. Not only does it need to seal on tight to the container, but it needs to be easy to get the cereal out without spilling any. Look for a cereal container that has an easy dispensing lid. You can find cereal containers that have special dispensing knobs, which need to be twisted in order to pour out cereal. You can also find standing containers that have flappable dispensing lids, making it easy to pour the cereal you need.
- Take a look at how much a cereal container holds. If the container is too small, you’ll have to refill it every few days, which can become cumbersome. If’s too large, then you may have trouble finding a shelf for it to fit on in your pantry.
- Depending on your pantry setup, it may be more useful to find cereal containers that are stackable. This way, you can save space while making your food easy to access. Stackable containers typically have flat lids and interlocking bases, ensuring that the containers don’t tumble when on top of each other.
- Cleaning your cereal containers is fairly simple, as they can be easily opened and washed with soap and water in the sink. Many cereal containers can also be placed in the dishwasher, making cleanup even easier. Some containers are also freezer safe, so you can store dry goods in there for long periods of time if needed.
- For many people, it’s important to be able to label food containers with the contents and the date. You’ll find that some cereal containers actually come with special labels you can use, making it easier to mark your products. You can also use masking tape and a pen to make your own quick labels at home.