Wilcox All Pro Unbreakable Non-Slip Weeder
Last updated: November 29, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weeders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weeder you should buy.
Dandelions and thistles are no match for this weeder. It's made from one piece of stainless steel, which is durable and rust-resistant. The handle is coated with a non-slip grip and equipped with a hanging loop for easy storage.In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Wilcox All Pro Unbreakable Non-Slip Weeder placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Also known as the dandelion weeder. The onepiece design features a sharp “V” End & extra long handle for additional leverage. Strong enough to dig dandelions, Plus tougher weeds like thistle, queen Anne’s lace, & Burdock. Stainless steal. Made in the USA
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Weeds are well known for depriving other plants of the essential nutrients they need to grow. By some estimates, at least 200 weed species have become resistant to the herbicides typically used to eliminate them from your property, which means this is no longer the best option for weed removal. Instead, you’ll want to purchase a weeder that can permanently remove the weeds from their roots.
Check the construction materials used to create the weeder. Plastic models are not ideal, as they are not as sturdy and easy to use as weeders made using a stainless steel blade and a resin-encased carbon steel shaft. Another option is to go with a weeder that has a bamboo handle, as bamboo is extremely strong and durable.
Look for a hands-on weeder if you prefer to kneel down to work in your garden. Some models have a curved steel head that is able to plow through the soil without a great deal of effort. The handle may be made from recyclable materials and designed to be used by both right and left-handed individuals.
Opt for a weeder with an extra-long shaft if you have a bad back or knees. For example, the Garden Weasel Step has a 36-inch handle that allows the user to remain upright while removing weeds with the tool. This particular model uses a four-claw design that works on all soil types. Another weeder that allows you to remove unwanted vegetation without bending over is the Fiskars 4-Claw 339950-1001 Weeder. It has an added foot platform to help you penetrate tough soil.
Consider any extras that the weeder may have to offer. There are models with an o-shaped handle that allow you to grip the weeder with both hands. Ergonomic designs are best for relieving wrist and arm stress. Some weeders have a handle that is coated with a non-slip grip and outfitted with a hanging loop for easy storage.
- It’s always a good idea to wear a high-quality pair of gardening gloves when weeding. Even though the weeder does all the work for you, you still need to pick up and dispose of the weeds. Some weeds, like hemlock and oleander, are poisonous, so you don’t want your skin to come into contact with them.
- In addition to the gloves, you may also want to wear a hat with an extended brim while you weed to protect your face from the sun’s UV rays.
- The best time to head out to your garden to do a little weeding is after a rainfall. The soil becomes moist and easier to work with.
- Consider spacing out the time you spend weeding. Instead of completing the task in just one day, set aside a half-hour per day for a week or two to get the job done. You’ll reduce the chances of feeling sore and tired by breaking up this chore into manageable chunks of time.
- Thanks to the convenience of the Internet, you don’t have to travel to your local library to research the types of weeds you see growing in your yard. You can quickly locate field guides online, so you know exactly what type of weeds you’re dealing with.
- Price may be a factor in your decision, especially if you are having a hard time choosing between two different models. The Fiskars 4-Claw 339950-1001 Weeder is more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Garden Weasel Step and Twist Hand Weeder, which allows you to eliminate the weeds while standing up.