Whirlpool Control Lock Portable Countertop Microwave Oven, 750-Watt
Last updated date: January 4, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Microwaves and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Microwave you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2023:
Checkout The Best Portable Microwave for a detailed review of all the top portable microwaves.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Whirlpool Control Lock Portable Countertop Microwave Oven, 750-Watt placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Quickly set this Whirlpool countertop microwave to cook for 30 seconds at 100% power with the Add 30 Seconds option. You can also press it to add 30 seconds to a manual setting that is already in progress. With 0.5 cu. ft. capacity, there’s enough room for a dinner plate without taking up valuable counter space. Plus, the control lock feature helps you avoid unintended use or other changes to your cooking settings by disabling the control panel with the touch of a button.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Microwaves
Although portable microwaves are smaller and easier to move around, they’re just as powerful as their bigger counterparts. This is great news for anyone who needs a portable microwave for their RV, sleeper truck, dorm room or small apartment. Keep the following features in mind as you shop for the best portable microwave on the market.
Consider whether you really need a microwave with all the bells and whistles. Something like the Commercial Chef Counter Top Portable Microwave, 600-Watt is a better choice in some cases, as you only need to turn the power and time dials to use it. It’s perfect for the individual who typically only uses a microwave to heat up a cup of coffee or a plate of leftovers
If you prefer a portable microwave that’s more modern and comes with additional settings, go with a model that offers 10 power settings, six pre-programmed cooking settings and a 30-seconds express cooking setting. If you have small children in the home, you’ll also appreciate an included child safety lock, which helps prevent unnecessary accidents from occurring.
Ease of use is important when shopping for the best portable microwave. The Toshiba Easy Clean Smart Sensor Microwave, 1100-Watt has a large digital display and a neatly organized control panel that are a cinch to read. It also comes with a power-saving mode and the ability to mute the buzzer. That’s a handy feature if you have friends or family members sleeping within earshot of the microwave.
Finally, look for a portable microwave that comes in a style that suits your tastes. For example, retro designs take you back to times past, while others dazzle you with their sleek chrome door handle. You’ll also find models that come in five fun colors, including aqua, ivory, seafoam green, jet black and retro red.
The Portable Microwave Buying Guide
- Always consider the noise level of the portable microwave before you buy it. Some models run very quietly.
- The best way to clean your portable microwave is with good old-fashioned dish soap and water. Sometimes, however, you may face some stuck-on foods that are hard to remove. Fortunately, there is a trick to make this tough job much easier. Grab a microwave-safe bowl and fill it with water. Squeeze in a little bit of lemon juice or add a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar. Turn the microwave on for 2 minutes and then wait another 30 seconds before you open the microwave door. The steam will loosen up the food so that you can immediately wipe it away.
- Most portable microwaves have a removable glass turntable. You can take this out and wash it along with the rest of your dishes.
- Don’t forget to clean the outside of your microwave, as it’s often plagued with fingerprints and dust. You can use your soapy dishwater and washrag or opt for a glass cleaner with a paper towel.
- When comparing the cost of portable microwaves, you’ll need to factor in the size, which is typically listed in cubic feet, and the number of watts the microwave uses for power. The Commercial Chef Counter Top Portable Microwave, 600-Watt is one of the more affordable models on the market. You’ll pay the most for the Toshiba Easy Clean Smart Sensor Microwave, 1100-Watt.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide