WETCAT Prewashed Cotton Turkish Beach Towel
Last updated date: September 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Beach Towels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beach Towel you should buy.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the WETCAT WETCAT Pre-Washed Cotton Turkish Beach Towel placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Beach Towel for a detailed review of all the top beach towels.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
When it comes to towels, you probably use traditional terrycloth. And while it’s a highly absorbent material, it’s thick design makes it very impractical. Not only is it slow-drying, it’s also heavy and bulky, making it inconvenient for travel. With Wetcat’s Original Turkish Beach Towel, you’ll wrap yourself in a bit of luxury! Made with 100% cotton, it’s highly absorbent and ideal for use at the spa, by the pool or just at home. Thinner than terrycloth, our Turkish towel incredibly quick-drying, making it less prone to mildew growth and odor. And because it’s super-soft, it’s gentle enough for babies and those with sensitive skin. But what sets Wetcat apart from the competition? We prewash all our towels! While other brands’ towels are rough, ours offer cloud-like comfort as soon as they arrive. At 38 x 71,” you can use it as a picnic blanket, while camping or during yoga class. The lightweight, foldable design makes it great for travel and storage, and you can even throw it in the washer with no risk of shrinkage! Love our vibrant colors and fun fringe? It’s all thanks to our design expert, Lucy the Cat! Made in Turkey, she demanded our towels be made with OEKO-TEX certified natural dyed yarn, making them safe for you and the environment.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beach Towels
Whether you enjoy spending time poolside or sunbathing on the beach, a quality beach towel is a must. Before deciding on a color or design, you’ll want to examine the towel’s features to make sure it will meet your specific needs.
Begin by determining which size towel is best. While your height will play a role in this decision, you also want to take into account how much space you desire when laying out. The Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel comes in small, large and extra-large and includes a handy carrying case to make traveling with the towel a breeze.
If you plan on using the beach towel for other activities, such as camping or playing sports, you’ll also want the towel to be lightweight and quick to dry, like the PackTowl Quick Dry Microfiber Towel. This beach towel not only soaks up four times as much water as its weight, but it also uses polygene to control odor.
Comfort is also something to consider, especially if you need to lay the beach towel down on a rough surface. The Superior Plush Velour Beach Towel is made using 100% premium cotton. The longer fibers keep the towel nice and soft on both sides.
Before you make your final decision, check for added features. You’ll find the AmazonBasics Cabana Stripe Beach Towel has professionally hemmed edges for durability. The towel is also stylish and comes in four fun colors. Other beach towels are equipped with hanging loops, which is nice if you want to keep the towel up off the ground.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay, New South Wales – Australia is the Guinness Book of World Records’ holder for the whitest beach sand? Here are a few more little known beach facts:
- You’ll find beaches with black sand in Hawaii. Both Punalu’u Beach and Wainapanapa Beach are covered in black volcanic sand.
- A few of the most visited beaches around the globe include Horseshoe Bay, Bermuda, Boulders Beach, South Africa and Whitehaven Beach, Australia.
- Ocracoke Island, North Carolina, Silver Strand State Beach, California and Point No Point Beach, Washington are among the best beaches for finding beautiful shells.
The Beach Towel Buying Guide
- Keep in mind that thin towels have a tendency to blow away on windy beach days. You’ll want to secure lighter towels with your beach gear.
- Reviewers report that certain beach towels are prone to snagging.
- You’ll need to take care when washing beach towels. It is recommended that you wash the towels alone, especially the first wash, as the towels release lint that can end up on your other clothing items. Some towels bleed and will need to be washed using cold water. Stick with a mild detergent and avoid using bleach and fabric softeners with your towels. Dry the beach towels using the low heat setting or hang them out to dry naturally.
- The cost for a quality beach towel varies slightly by size and features. It’s also important to consider the number of towels you’re getting for the price. For example, the AmazonBasics Cabana Stripe Beach Towel turns out to be the most affordable because you get two towels for the price of one. The Superior Plush Velour Beach Towel is moderately priced, while the Dock & Bay Lightweight Beach Towel and the PackTowl Quick Dry Microfiber Towel command a higher price due to added features, like a handy carrying case.