West Bay 36-Color Needle Felting Kit, 109-Piece
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Felting Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Felting Kit you should buy.
Editor's Note October 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Felting Kit for a detailed review of all the top felting kits.
This 109-piece set has plenty of great accessories to take your projects to the next level. You'll get 36 different colors of wool roving, 12 needles in varying sizes, 15 metal marking rings, 10 pairs of elastic eyes, six rope chains, five silver bells, four wool felt molds, two wooden handle holders, two pairs of finger gloves, one pair of tweezers, one pair of scissors, one foam mat, one glue stick and two keychains. To keep everything in one place, this kit includes a large storage box with three layers and plenty of compartments.
In our analysis, the West Bay West Bay 36-Color Needle Felting Kit, 109-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
COMPLETE NEEDLE FELTING KIT 109PCS: This needle felting starter kit nearly include all the material and accessories for beginners. Like variety 36xbeautiful colors wool roving, 12xneedle(fine, medium, coarse size), 15x metal marking ring,10x9 shape needle, 10x pair of elastic eyes, 6x rope chain, 5x silver bell, 4xwool felt mold,2x wooden handle holder , 2x finger gloves,1xTweezers,1xscissor, 1x foam mat, 1x glue stick, 2x key chain, 1x storage box. HiGH QUALITY 36 COLORS WOOLS: Our needle felting wool kit provides 36 vibrant colors of wool fiber. Each color is individually packaged in a resealable plastic bag, 3g per color. Meet what you need for DIY different styles for needle felting and wet felting. Perfect for making pets, wild critters, forest creatures, farm animals, flowers, stars and so on. WIDE APPLICATION: Our wool felting tool kit is suitable for needle felting, wet felting, dry felting, wool painting, jewelry making, soap making, dryer balls, and so on. Ideal for making unique birthday, Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day gifts for families, friends, lover, etc. Also a great choice for your families, friends or anyone who loves needle felting or felting craft. EASY to USE: We prepared complete wool material and tools accessories you need, just get your imagination started, we have step image in the main picture to follow, you can also search on the internet like youtube for more inspiration. CONVIENT to CARRY and STORAGE: We have 1 Storage box with 3 separated layers, can storage all wool rovel and tools accessories in order. Also very convient to carry, no matter whether you go tourists or just stay at home. This needle felting kit will always be a best choice for your DIY creation.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Felting Kits
If you participate in crafts, you probably are well aware of felting. Felting is simply the art of making 3-D items using wool locks or roving into fabric. You do this by connecting the fibers in the wool in a way that makes a solid surface. (Roving is a long, narrow bundle of fiber created during the process of spinning yarn from wool fleece or other fibers.)
There are many types of material that can be used for felting, including synthetic fibers that try to mimic the natural material produced from wool. Synthetic felting is probably what you used when you worked with felt for crafts in elementary school. Real wool fibers give a completely different texture that felting enthusiasts prefer.
If you want to get started, it’s important to know there are two major types of felting: wet and dry. With wet felting, you use soap and water to make it easier for the fibers to bind together. With dry felting, you use needles to weave the fabrics together. For wet felting, you’ll do most of the work with your hands. Dry felting requires a larger supply kit due to the needles that are necessary.
The Felting Kit Buying Guide
- You can’t use just any needle for felting. A felting needle has sharp, barbed blades that will agitate the fibers to achieve the desired results.
- All your new supplies will need to be stored when you aren’t using them. If your kit doesn’t come with a storage box, make sure you have a way to store the items.
- If your kit doesn’t come with a foam pad to protect your fingers, you can buy a sponge or foam pad separately. Make sure whatever you choose is at least several inches thick.
- Although cute little animals seem to be the go-to for felting projects, you aren’t limited to that. There are felting projects for gnomes, flowers, faux succulents and booties and countless other objects. You can also needle felt designs onto your favorite scarf or mittens.
- Needle felting can also come in handy for repairing holes in yarn-based blankets and sweaters.
- If you’re just getting started, look for a kit that includes all the supplies you’ll need. Keep in mind that some of these beginners’ kits are limited in the quantity of wool you’ll receive. You may need to purchase extras to have on hand after your first few projects.
- Beginners may also benefit from an instruction guide with step-by-step directions for easy projects. You can find plenty online, as well, but it can help to have instructions specific to the tools included in the kit.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide