WEN 6515T Belt Sander
Last updated date: August 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sanders & Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sander & Grinder you should buy.
Update as August 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Sanders & Grinders for a detailed review of all the top sanders & grinders.
This two-in-one sander comes with a 1-by-30 inch belt and 5-inch disc. It has a heavy-duty base that prevents wobbling during operation. There are two dust ports for maximum vacuuming efficiency.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the WEN 6515T Belt Sander placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The WEN 1 x 30-Inch Belt Sander with 5-Inch Sanding Disc sands, smooths and deburrs jagged edges and splinters on your wood and lumber. With a 2.3-amp motor, users should anticipate speeds of up to 3160 feet per minute on the belt and 3450 RPM on the disc. Changing the spacious 1-inch-by-30-inch belt is a breeze, giving you the power to switch sand paper grits quickly and easily. The compact design makes transportation and storage easier than ever while the heavy-duty base prevents walking and wobbling during operation. With all of this in addition to the 5-inch side disc, you’ll have the capacity to sand whatever your heart desires. A sturdy beveling work table accompanies both the disc and the belt to provide a reliable source of support for your workpieces. This package also includes an 80-grit sanding disc, a 100-grit sanding belt, a miter gauge for angled workpieces and two separate dust ports for vacuum attachments. And because this is a WEN Product, your purchase comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians, and a helpful customer phone line. Sand the tightest of corners and the oddest of shapes with the WEN 1 x 30-Inch Belt Sander with 5-Inch Sanding Disc. Remember when you could sand almost anything? Remember WEN.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sanders & Grinders
If you want to add a professional finishing touch to your projects, it’s important to have the right tools for the job. Sanders and grinders provide consistent and fast results while saving you a lot of time and energy. Whether you have your own workshop or just dabble in the occasional DIY project, the right sander or grinder can greatly improve the quality of your work.
There are many different sanders and grinders available, so it’s important to choose based on the kind of projects you’re working on. If you want to create a rough or smooth finish, a versatile choice is the random orbit sander. It gets its name from the random pattern it moves in to prevent gouging the wood. Another option is the belt sander, which is perfect for removing large amounts of wood efficiently. If you want to sand tabletops, doors and other large uneven areas, this is the way to go. If you’re working on veneers and plywood, you will need a finishing or sheet sander. These move in a circular motion and provide incredibly smooth results.
If you are looking to do some heavy-duty polishing, sharpening or grinding, then you need a bench-top grinder. A portable or angle grinder is a good tool if you need a smaller option that is easy to hold with two hands.
The Sander & Grinder Buying Guide
- There are many uses for an electric sander aside from finishing the surface of wood. You can use it to remove old paint or old varnish from wood. An electric sander is also a good tool for stripping and prepping floors. Essentially, whenever you want to remove excess material from the surface of an object, a sander is the tool that’s going to make your job a lot easier.
- When working with power tools, safety is of the utmost importance. Always ensure the piece you’re working on is clamped down and secure. This will make sure that it doesn’t move around while you’re sanding or grinding.
- The sander or grinder does most of the work for you. You should not need to apply a lot of pressure on the machine. If you find yourself having to press down hard, it could mean you don’t have the right tool for the job or you need to change the sand paper.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide