Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper you should buy.
You won't have to wonder what's in this freeze-dried dog food topper, as it only contains four ingredients. They include turkey, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and green tea extract. All preservatives, dyes and gluten are left out. In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Wellness Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Dog Food Topper placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper for a detailed review of all the top freeze dried dog food toppers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bowl Boosters Can Be Used As A Mixer, Topper, Or Snack To Be Added To A Complete & Balanced Food Diet
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers
Though there’s no set standard for what dog food toppers should offer, these products typically contain ingredients that make them tastier and more nutritious to dogs. Added to pup’s dry food, dog food toppers can entice your pet to eat more while providing more of what they need.
Dog food toppers, including the freeze-dried versions, often double as pet treats. This means that, if you’re not offering a version that’s complete and balanced, you should limit toppers to 10% of your dog’s diet.
You may wish to feed your pup a freeze-dried dog food topper that is listed as all-natural. The Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Dog Food Topper is one such brand. Its turkey flavor includes just four ingredients: turkey, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and green tea extract. The formula is grain-free and doesn’t contain any unnecessary preservatives, dyes, soy or artificial flavors.
Determine how much protein the freeze-dried dog food topper contains, as this is the most important ingredient. The Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper is made up of 95% grass-fed beef, organs and bone. Although you don’t need to go with a brand that has this high of a protein level, you do need to make sure the protein amount is sufficient.
Look for added ingredients that improve the nutritional content of the dog food topper. Some brands have fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals. The I And Love And You Stir & Bloom Dog Food Topper is made with superfoods, like ginger root, kelp, and flaxseeds. You want the topper to support healthy digestion and improve your pup’s skin and coat.
Should you plan on traveling, you’ll want to make sure the freeze-dried dog food topper you select has a resealable top. This not only keeps the topper fresh, but also ensures none of the contents fall out during transport.
DWYM Fun Fact
There are many benefits associated with freeze-dried dog food toppers. Here are a few:
- The added flavor is loved even by picky dog eaters. If your pup is underweight or lacks an appetite, tossing a freeze-dried dog food topper in with his food may be all it takes to get him to finish his dinner.
- The raw ingredients provide an extra boost of nutrition. Most of the freeze-dried dog food toppers out there are heavy on protein, but also contain added vitamins and minerals that help keep your pet healthy and energized.
- It’s easy to add a supplement in with the toppers. Should your pet need medication, you can get him to eat it by mixing it in with the tasty topper.
The Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper Buying Guide
- Freeze-dried dog food toppers that are made with raw meat should be handled with care. You’ll need to wash your hands immediately after handling the raw meat. This is the best way to prevent contracting a food-borne illness.
- Always follow the serving instructions on the back of the freeze-dried dog food topper’s product packaging. It will list the serving size by cups based on your dog’s weight and desired calorie intake.
- If you decide to use the freeze-dried dog food topper as a full meal, you should gradually transition from your pet’s current chow to the topper. To do this, you’ll need to slowly add more of the topper and less of the old dog food over the course of 10 days. This will prevent your dog from experiencing any stomach discomfort.
- Although most freeze-dried dog food toppers are relatively soft, you can still rehydrate them with a little water for senior dogs who can’t chew tough foods.
- Some pet owners choose to use freeze-dried dog food toppers to train their pups. Each time the dog responds correctly, he is rewarded with the topper as a treat. Since the topper is so flavorful, this method works great.
- While you do not need to refrigerate freeze-dried food dog toppers, you do need to store them in a cool, dry location.
- When comparing the prices for different freeze-dried dog food toppers, look at the price per ounce. The I And Love And You Stir & Bloom Dog Food Topper is by far the cheapest option. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Instinct Raw Boost Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper. Both, the Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper and the Wellness Core Bowl Boosters Natural Dog Food Topper have higher price tags.