Weiman Non-Toxic Electronic Screen Cleaning Wipes, 2-Pack
Last updated: February 9, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Screen Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Screen Cleaner you should buy.
In our analysis of 26 expert reviews, the Weiman Non-Toxic Electronic Screen Cleaning Wipes, 2-Pack placed 21st when we looked at the top 22 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep all your electronic screens and accessories in pristine condition with the Weiman Electronic Wipes. A premoistened cleaning wipe engineered with a streak-free formula that productively removes dust, dirt, & fingerprints while eliminating static from your screen. Lint-free & ammonia-free, the Weiman Electronic Wipes allow you to enjoy a clearer picture on all your valuable electronic devices including TVs, laptops, tablets, cell phones, keyboards, stereos & monitors etc. Perfect for everyday clean ups, this quick-drying formula allows you to leave a brilliant, mirror-like shine in just seconds! This product cleans smudges and fingerprints with passion to reveal the superior shine of your electronic devices, making the Weiman Electronic Wipes an essential for everyday treatment. Weiman has the specialty surface care cleaners and polishes needed for your entire household, shop our collection today. Weiman Products is the perfect home, chef, pro, scratch resistant, cleansing, household, professional, and at work solution for all of your electronic cleaning and buffing needs. Weiman wants each of the surfaces in your home to look its best. That’s why we have developed cleaning products that go beyond simply cleaning to beautify and protect each of your delicate, difficult to care for surfaces. From stainless steel to leather to granite, each of our products is formulated specifically for one surface and one surface only; allowing you to achieve the perfect results that your home deserves. A clean home is great, but we want it to look more than clean, we want it to look spectacular! Weiman leaves a polishing shine and acts as a protector where other cleaners do not compare.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Screen Cleaner Rankings
A smudged, dirty screen can be annoying. You probably notice it throughout the day. You may even grab a lens cloth or tissue to wipe it down. But computers need regular cleaning along with everything else around your home or office, including you.
The problem with cleaning any piece of electronics is that moisture can damage it. Common cleaners can damage sensitive electronics, as well. So that dry cloth may seem like the only safe option, but they aren’t sufficient for removing dirt and oils.
Experts recommend using a dry soft cloth to wipe away basic dust and debris. If you need to add a solvent to remove grime, a solution of mild soap and water can be used, but they warn against using liquid, so the water on your cloth will have to be damp, at best.
But the easiest way to keep your screen clean is by using one of the many screen-cleaning cloths now on the market. These are formulated specifically to clean a screen without damaging sensitive electronic components. Typically, you’ll find these cloths are made from a soft material designed to clean without leaving lint behind, along with a mild cleaning solution that’s been tested and found safe on computer monitors.
One of the best things about these cleaning wipes is that often you can use them on a variety of surfaces. That includes items like eyeglasses, camera and binocular lenses, webcams and smart devices.
If you’re choosing a screen-cleaning wipe, though, there are two common problems to overcome: lint and smudges. Some wipes will leave one or both of those behind, which can be frustrating. An ammonia-free wipe will do the job without smudging. The cloth itself should be soft enough that it doesn’t scratch your screen, but it also should be sturdy enough that it doesn’t leave lint behind, as a facial tissue would.
- You’ll see some wipes advertised as alcohol-free, which, along with ammonia, can damage sensitive electronics. Keep in mind that not having these elements means you won’t get the germ-battling power you may want, particularly if you’re wiping down your phone screen.
- Before you clean any screen with a cleaning wipe, go over it with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Make sure you carefully remove any dust or debris that could scratch your screen if you move a cloth across it.
- Cleaning wipes come in a variety of formats. You’ll find some that dispense, one at a time, from a container similar to the way tissue dispenses from a box. The cloths inside the container stay hydrated even when you’re pulling one out to use. Others come wrapped singly in pouches you can take along with you. If you need a portable option, the individually-wrapped wipes are likely the best investment.
- Make sure the wipes you choose will reseal in a way that won’t let the internal contents dry out.
- Although many screen wipes will have a neutral smell, still others will have that cleanser scent that you may or may not like. If this is important to you, you can find wipes in scents like lemon that will give you a more enjoyable experience.
- The screen isn’t the only part of your electronics that needs cleaning. A can of compressed air can help you eliminate debris under the keys of your keyboard. You should also keep any vents on your CPU or laptop clear of the dust that can gather there. Compressed air can help with that, as well.
- One of the best things about screen-cleaning wipes is that you can use them to clean lenses. If you plan to use your cloths for your eyeglasses or your camera lens, make sure you choose a cloth that’s advertised as safe for all these items.