Weighted Idea Ultra Soft Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds
Last updated date: August 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blankets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket For Kids you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket For Kids for a detailed review of all the top weighted blankets for kids.
This weighted blanket for kids is skin-friendly and odor-free. The blanket has a small pocket structure to keep the weighted glass beads distributed evenly.
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Weighted Idea Ultra Soft Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Weighted Idea, a Good Idea for Your Sleep. story Hi, we are Weighted Idea, a company who devoted ourselves to solving your sleep problems with small intelligence. We firmly believe that quality sleep matters. Good sleep boosts good mood, make us nicer, warmer and fuzzier. The world would be much brighter, if all of us could have quality sleep. Convinced of this, Weighted Idea decided to go into weighted blanket industry in 2016. We’re so glad to see the idea of weighted blanket became more and more popular. It’s our duty to introduce products with small technology to get you a better and healthier sleep. 222 cover 2 Read before Purchasing A: Adjustment Period: Please give 7-10 days for your body to adjust to the blanket before you can experience the full benefits of the product. B: Smaller Size: A weighted blanket is usually smaller than a traditional blanket of the same size, which could help to concentrate the weight on your body. C: Hot Sleepers Should Know:The material of our weighted blanket is soft and breathable, which is suitable for all seasons. But hot sleepers may feel hot during warm days due to its weight, so a fan or an AC. is recommended. D: Care Instructions: We recommend spot clean and flat dry. Frequent wash would damage the structure of the blanket, so we suggest use a duvet cover for the aim of easy cleaning. E: Cautions: Do not cover your face with the blanket in case of suffocation. Keep clear of fires, heaters, or any other heat sources. People with health risks should consult your doctor before using weighted blankets.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blankets For Kids
A weighted blanket may help your child relax at the end of a long day. Weighted blankets are heavy blankets that are filled with materials like plastic pellets or glass beads. Being under the weight of this kind of blanket can provide a sense of security and calm for both children and adults.
There are many benefits to using a weighted blanket. The extra weight on top of the child when they sleep helps them feel as though they being hugged. This can be very soothing for children of all ages. Weighted blankets don’t just have to be used at night time. They can also provide comfort during the day if your child is having a difficult time. Sometimes, just sitting on the couch with a weighted blanket can also provide comfort.
Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket is something that needs to be right for the child’s size. Do not use an adult’s blanket on a child. Weighted blankets for children should be no more than 10% of the child’s body weight. So if your child is 50 pounds, for example, then the weighted blanket should weigh no more than 5 pounds. Before using a weighted blanket for a child, be sure to consult with your doctor. Keep in mind that children under one year of age should not use a weighted blanket. When buying a weighted blanket, look for one that fits your child’s body, not their whole bed. If the blanket is too big, it will get dragged towards the ground because of the extra weight. As a result, the blanket may fall off the bed, disrupting your child’s sleep and sense of comfort.
The Weighted Blanket For Kids Buying Guide
- When selecting a weighted blanket for your child, the first things to look at are the size and weight of the blanket. It’s important to ensure that the blanket is no more than 10% of your child’s body weight for safety reasons. Plus, the blanket should fit the child’s body but not be too big. If it is, it can fall to the floor and disrupt their sleep. Some weighted blankets are available in various weights starting at 5 pounds and maxing out at 23 pounds. Others measure 41 by 60 inches, and are designed for children around 80 pounds.
- In addition to the actual weight of the blanket, it’s important to look at the weight distribution. Weighted blankets are effective when the weight of the pellets inside the material is evenly distributed across the blanket. However, in some blankets, the pellets have a tendency to slide down to the edges so the weight is no longer even. Look for a model that has seams of 4 by 4-inch squares across the blanket to ensure that the pellets stay even and don’t fall down towards the edges.
- As with all children’s products, look for a weighted blanket that can be washed and easily cleaned. Many weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover, so the outer layer can be washed when it gets dirty. Some models come with a removable cover so maintenance is headache-free.
- Keep the fabric of the blanket in mind, ensuring your child isn’t allergic to the material. A breathable fabric, like bamboo or natural cotton, ensures they won’t get too warm under it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide