WaxonWare MARBELLOUS Marble Based Crepe Pan With Spreader, 11-Inch
Last updated date: May 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Crepe Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Crepe Pan you should buy.
Update as June 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Crepe Pan for a detailed review of all the top crepe pans.
In our analysis of 71 expert reviews, the WaxonWare MARBELLOUS Crepe Pan With Spreader, 11-Inch placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MARBELLOUS is a high quality 3-coat nonstick system developed by WaxonWare for this series. MARBELLOUS transcends typical “internal reinforcing” technology by using nanotechnology to atomically harden the resins that are typically the weak links in the coating system. This breakthrough makes WaxonWare’s MARBELLOUS series crepe pans the best market performers to date. Our nonstick pancake pans are designed and developed specially to top every other coating ever made, the MARBELLOUS coating is a delightful and new coating system that will give you countless hours of cooking enjoyment while keeping you and your family safe. The WaxonWare Marbellous Nonstick 11 inch round griddle / crepe pan with wooden spreader combines nonstick convenience with the cooking performance and durability you’d normally find only in stainless steel cookware. Made with a Sear Nonstick interior to evenly cook food, this griddle pan has a shallow profile and is ideal for all your breakfast and brunch favorites including eggs, pancakes, crepes, and more. The riveted bakelite soft touch long handle stays cool while cooking on the stovetop. The WaxonWare Nonstick 11 inch pancakes pan is dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning. For best results, use with automatic dishwasher detergent that contains no bleach or citrus additives.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Crepe Pans
Depending on your chosen fillings and toppings, crepes can be used to make a mouth-watering breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert. Since certain pans aren’t favorable for cooking crepes, you’ll want to invest in a crepe pan. Fortunately, there are a lot of excellent options to choose from.
Start your search by reviewing the type of material the crepe pan is constructed from. Aluminized steel is a great choice, as it has the ability to conduct heat evenly. That means your crepe won’t be undercooked in the middle while the edges are burnt. Cast iron is another option, as this metal is extremely heat resistant. In fact, it can be used over any heat source, including a campfire.
Check the crepe pan’s interior next. If it contains a nonstick coating, you need to make sure the coating is PTFE and PFOA-free. 100% natural pure iron pans can be seasoned with beeswax, which also keeps the crepes from sticking during the cooking process. The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Crepe Pan, 10-Inch is unique, as it uses a patented quantanium interior that eliminates the need to cook with fat.
Examine the weight of the pan. If the crepe pan is heavy, you won’t be able to use the pan to flip the crepes. A lightweight model, like the Cook N Home Heavy Gauge Crepe Pan, 10.25-Inch, gives you more control as you cook and plate the crepes.
Keep an eye out for a few extra features that make the crepe pan more functional and easier to use. For example, a pan with a sloped edge is ideal for gliding the crepes from the pan to the plate. A pan with an ergonomic handle is also optimal, as it is comfortable to both hold and lift. This is especially important if you have a large family and a big batch of crepes to make.
The Crepe Pan Buying Guide
- It’s important to always read the crepe pan’s product care guide, as some models are listed as dishwasher safe, while others must be hand washed. If you need to wash the pan by hand, use gentle dish soap, warm water and a non-abrasive sponge. Abrasive cleaners and sponges may remove any nonstick coatings, making the crepes stick to the surface of the pan when you cook. Pans made of pure iron must be deglazed with hot water and sterilized with coarse salt.
- Not all crepe pans are safe to use on an induction stovetop. Check the product guide’s list of approved heat sources before you begin cooking breakfast.
- Avoid using high heat unless the crepe pan’s instructions say it’s OK. High heat leads pans that are not heat resistant to warping.
- If your crepe pan has a handle that gets hot easily, you’ll want to use a potholder when operating the pan to prevent accidental burns.
- Some crepe pans require you to season them with oil after each use. This preserves their life and keeps the surface nonstick.
- Crepes can be filled with a variety of delicious foods, which means you can don’t ever have to eat the same crepe twice. A few options include cream cheese, cinnamon and chocolate, eggs and cheese, chicken and chives, creamy sausage, Greek yogurt and caramel and bananas.
- Just as the crepe filling options are plentiful, so are the toppings. You can cover your crepes with fresh fruit, whipped cream, maple syrup, yogurt, lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Size and design both play a role in the overall price of a crepe pan. The Cook N Home Heavy Gauge Crepe Pan, 10.25-Inch is among one of the most affordable models, while the Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Crepe Pan, 10-Inch and the Lodge Cast Iron Crepe Pan Griddle, 10.5-Inch are both moderately priced. You’ll pay a higher price for the De Buyer MINERAL B Carbon Steel Crepe Pan 10-Inch, as it is made from pure iron and seasoned with beeswax.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide