Warthog V-Sharp Curve Knife Sharpener
Last updated date: October 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Warthog Knife Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Warthog Knife Sharpener you should buy.
Update as October 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Warthog Knife Sharpener for a detailed review of all the top warthog knife sharpeners.
This sharpener keeps your blades flat against the guide, letting the sharpener do all of the work. The product, which weighs about six ounces, is great for pro chefs, outdoor enthusiast who hunt and fish and home cooks.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Warthog V-Sharp Curve Knife Sharpener placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Curve is an incredibly easy to use, high-quality bavarian edge knife sharpener for quick action. With non-adjustable rods all you need to do is keep your blade flat against the Guide and let the sharpener do the rest. The unique curve in the Diamond Rods maintains a 25 degree angle throughout the entire blade. Spring loaded Diamond Rods keep equal pressure on each side while pulling the blade through. Ideal for chefs, hunters, fisherman, or household use. Quick and easy to use. Includes instructional DVD.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Warthog Knife Sharpeners
Keeping your knifes properly sharpened not only makes cutting more convenient—it’s also much safer than using a dull blade, which can put you at higher risk of injury. Warthog offers a variety of knife sharpeners that are ideal for home cooks, as well as professional chefs, outdoor enthusiasts who hunt and fish and anyone who requires a blade with a superior edge.
While many manual sharpeners shave metal off the blade alongside the length of the edge and require a clamp to keep it at a constant angle, Warthog’s products hone the blade diagonally across the edge at a continuous angle using a blade guide. The company’s flagship product is the V-Sharp Classic II, which uses two 325-grit diamond rods to sharpen flat blades on both sides simultaneously using calibrated spring tension. The steel-frame, powder-coated tool has three adjustable constant angles — 20, 25 and 30 — and is equipped with a solid rubber base to keep it from slipping during usage. Get it in black, gunmetal grey, red, blue, white or orange.
You can purchase additional diamond stones of various configurations for the V-Sharp Classic II, ranging from 270 (extra course) to 1000 grit (fine) and ceramic (perfect for serrated knives). The hones are easily removable and interchangeable, and the manufacturer recommends using a finishing steel hone (included with your purchase) to polish the blade after sharpening. There’s also a variation of the V-Sharp Classic II available that comes with a wooden base.
The more affordable V-Sharp Curve is a smaller option that offers the same spring-loaded 325-grit diamond rods but is about half the size of the V-Sharp Classic II; the design maintains a 25-degree angle and requires no adjustments. Other products available from the Warthog include the V-Sharp Xtreme Edge, an option featuring four snap-in angle adjustments, and the Multi-Edge, a sharpener with infinite angle capacity built to sharpen a variety of blades, including scissors, planer blades and arrows.
The Warthog Knife Sharpener Buying Guide
- When choosing the right Warthog product, consider what your needs are. If you’re a home cook seeking a reliable sharpener for your chef’s, fillet and other flat-bladed knives, consider the V-Sharp Classic II or the V-Sharp Curve. But if you want to sharpen other types of blades, like scissors, chisels and arrows, the Multi-Edge is a worthy investment.
- The V-Sharp Classic II and V-Sharp Curve arrive fully assembled, set at a 25-degree angle and ready to use.
- To use sharpen a blade with the V-Sharp Classic II or V-Sharp Curve, simply hold the knife against the blade guide and cut down, keeping the blade against the guide like slicing a tomato.
- To find out if your knife needs sharpening, try the paper test. Hold a folded, but not creased piece of newspaper or printer paper by one end with one hand and a knife with the other. A properly sharpened knife will glide through paper, while a dull knife will snag.
- Even the most superior knife sharpener cannot repair extensive damage to a blade (for example: removing large notches).
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide