Wancle Single Hand Sous Vide Immersion Cooker, 850-Watt
Last updated: August 29, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sous Vide Machines and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sous Vide Machine you should buy.
Single-handed operation makes cooking with this sous vide immersion cooker easy, even for beginners. Best of all, you can walk away from the cooker without worrying about your food burning. Food-grade stainless steel means you'll get years of reliable use and easy cleanup.In our analysis of 89 expert reviews, the Wancle Single Hand Sous Vide Immersion Cooker, 850-Watt placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sous vide – Your culinary game changer sous vide is a method of cooking that makes it super simple to achieve professional-quality results at home. The immersion circulator utilizes accurate time temperature control to deliver super-juicy, flavor-packed meals, every time. Professional chefs and restaurants started To rely on this immersion circulator since 10 years ago. why choose our sous vide cooker? cooking meat and seafood. tastier. food safety. food that is cooked sous vide is pasteurized and safe from foodborne contaminants caused by biological pathogens.sous vide cooking avoids the need for you to time things just right. You can focus on another task, no more undercooked, chewy or burnt food. great for the multitasking cook. sous vide cooker allow you have a bigger window of time to play with If you are multitasking in the kitchen. Conventional cooking is much less forgiving. waste reduction. cooking steps are much easier than you might think 1.Attach your sous vide cooker to a pot, set the time and temperature according to your desired level of doneness. 2.Put your food in a sealed bag and clip it to the side of the water pot. 3.Finish by searing, grilling, or broiling the food to add a crispy, golden exterior layer.Finish by searing, grilling, or broiling the food to add a crispy, golden exterior layer.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Sous Vide Machine Rankings
When you run across the words “sous vide” in a cookbook, it might seem like a complex term that’s only used with elaborate French dishes. In reality, it’s a simple way to get a perfect cook on your favorite proteins, like steak, chicken and pork. Buying a sous vide machine can make this French tradition an everyday classic in your kitchen.
Sous vide is a fancy term for placing your food in a vacuum-sealed bag, then cooking it in temperature-controlled water. (You can also use glass jars instead of bags, and eggs can be cooked in their shells.) There are a number of benefits to cooking your food sous vide. It offers more precise control over your cooking temperature, so it’s better for cooking tricky proteins, like fish. You’ll also notice a more even cook throughout meats like steak and pork loin.
Using a vacuum-sealed bag prevents moisture and nutrient loss, so your meals come out tastier and healthier. Sous vide cooking also helps your proteins soak up more marinade and enhances your meat’s natural flavor, so you won’t have to use additional salt or oils.
The sous vide method used to be a fine dining-only approach, but the rise of affordable home sous-vide machines have taken this French technique from fine dining to easy weeknight dinners. The two types of at-home sous vide machines are water ovens and immersion circulators, but all of our top picks are immersion circulators.
Thermal immersion circulators are electrically powered devices that move and heat water at an accurate, stable temperature. They hook onto the side of your cooking pot, then they heat up the water and circulate it. Once your water has reached the right temperature, you can drop your bagged meal into the pot, sit back and let the immersion circulator do the work.
New handheld immersion circulators, like the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano, come with digital displays that make it easier than ever to keep that perfect temperature.
Digital displays aren’t the only technology that’s making sous vide the next big thing. Some models are Bluetooth-enabled, so you can control them remotely. This sous vide also has an accompanying app for iPhone or Android, with a special visual doneness feature. It shows you exactly how your food will turn out before you even turn on your stove.
Immersion circulators are also great for anyone with a small kitchen who wants the sous vide experience. You’ll find a few are about the size of a champagne bottle, while others fit easily into your cutlery drawer.
Sous vide circulators come in different wattages. More watts help your water heat more quickly, and if you need to add cold food during cooking, it will help the water’s temperature rebound faster. The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano uses 750 watts of cooking power (about the strength of a small or medium microwave). Other brands are able to heat up liquids with an impressive 1,100 watts (which is a similar amount of power to a large microwave).
If you don’t know how to get started with your sous vide machine, several of our top picks come with recipe books. Anova, for example, comes with more than 1,000 recipes for every skill level.
Once you’re ready to dive into sous vide cooking, take a look at our Tips & Advice to figure out which sous vide machine is right for you.
- How often do you plan on using your sous vide machine? If you want a few steaks for occasional dinner parties, a budget pick like the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano will work just fine. For regular sous vide experiences, you may want to pony up for an investment model.
- How much power do you want from your immersion cooker? Higher-wattage cookers will help you cook faster by heating up your water more quickly. However, it’s easier to trip a circuit breaker if your kitchen is old or not wired for that much juice. The 750-watt Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano might take a bit longer to get going, but it won’t leave you poking around your fuse box with a flashlight.
- What types of containers will you use for your sous vide cooking? The immersion circulator has to clamp onto the side of your pot, so you’ll want to measure the pot’s thickness and make sure your sous vide machine has a large enough clamp for a firm grip on the side. The Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker can be shifted up or down on your pot to adjust the height, and you can adjust the screw in the back for a tighter fit. Other circulator clamps are large and hook up in seconds, but they’re not as adjustable.
- New moms can benefit from sous vide cookers, too. They can heat milk or formula to a perfect 98.6 degrees every time.
- Sous vide machines don’t get very dirty, but they’ll need a quick cleaning if you start noticing mineral buildup from water. To rinse the buildup away, just dilute equal parts water and vinegar in a small pot and place your cooker inside. Set the cooker’s temperature to about 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and let your cooker heat the liquid. Then remove the cooker once it’s reached the right temperature. The cooker’s display can be cleaned with a damp microfiber cloth.