Walker Edison Modern Glass Coffee Table
Last updated date: December 20, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coffee Tables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coffee Table you should buy.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the Walker Edison Walker Edison Modern Glass Coffee Table placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Coffee Table for a detailed review of all the top coffee tables.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
This stylish coffee table offers multiple levels to showcase your magazines and books and provides a durable foundation for your morning coffee in your living room. Its distinct metal tapered legs support the three tempered safety glass shelves. The layered glass shelves give a subtle sleek and elegant appeal to your living space, while also having a mid century modern design. Features two frosted lower shelves, each having beveled edges for a soft, smooth look.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coffee Tables
Coffee is not only one of the most widely consumed beverages in America, but in the entire world! Whether you find yourself drinking coffee or not, you’ll still benefit from the addition of a coffee table in your living room. It’s a great place to set down your glass of water, ice tea or morning smoothie.
As you shop for the best coffee table, construction is going to be very important. You need the table to be sturdy and long-lasting. The Emerald Home Rustic Industrial Coffee Table uses high-grade solid wood and steel for a table that is extremely durable. In fact, the solid steel angled legs and cross-bracing provide an added layer of stability in addition to contributing to the attractive design.
Once you know the coffee table is sturdy, consider how much weight you need it to hold. Any model is fine if you simply plan on laying down a few magazines, a cup of hot chocolate or a snack plate, but you’ll want the table to hold up under the weight of an art piece or a small child who is learning how to climb. The VASAGLE Industrial Coffee Table is a good choice, as the shelf holds 88 lbs. and the tabletop 264 lbs.!
Check underneath the legs of the coffee table to make sure they won’t damage your flooring. For example, the Sauder North Avenue Coffee Table comes with legs that have non-slip plastic contacts. They won’t scratch hardwood flooring no matter how much pressure you put on the table, or how often you move the table around.
Of course, the style of the coffee table is key, as you want a piece that matches your personality. You’ll find everything from coffee tables that give a vintage vibe to tables that have an industrial look. You can always go for a sleek modern design as well, like that of the Convenience Concepts Oxford Coffee Table. If you’re in the market for more than just a coffee table, keep in mind that some brands sell complementary furniture pieces, so you may be able to buy an entire set to dress up your living room.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know tea tables were already in use before coffee tables were invented? In 1652 the first coffee house was born in London, England. As people gathered to socialize and relax with a hot cup of java, it became apparent that they needed a place to rest their coffee cup. That’s when coffee tables were first constructed.
The difference between coffee and tea tables is height. Tea tables come in anywhere from 8 to 9-inches taller. Over time, coffee tables evolved and were made for use in the home. Today, they not only serve as a place to set down our hot beverages, but also a place to store magazines, board games or children’s toys. There are even models that are designed to make an artistic statement.
The Coffee Table Buying Guide
- There are coffee tables that are heavy and hard to put together. If you’re opting for one of those models, make sure you recruit a friend to help.
- Check to make sure that all the tools you need to assemble the coffee table are included in the package. If not, look for the required tools to see if you have them. Most of the time all you need is a screwdriver and a hammer.
- Keep in mind that pieces with a rough finish are harder to clean.
- Some coffee table models have edges that may be too sharp. This can be dangerous if you have younger children at home. You can opt for a different model or install corner protectors.
- Know the terms of your purchase. If the company offers a warranty, find out the length of the warranty and what the warranty covers. Should the company have a satisfaction guarantee, you may want to find out if this means they will replace a defective model or refund your purchase price.
- Design and size play a vital roll in the pricing of coffee tables. The Sauder North Avenue Coffee Table is simple and on the smaller size, so it has a low price tag. You’ll find the Convenience Concepts Oxford Coffee Table and the VASAGLE Industrial Coffee Table are a bit bigger and have some added style that land them in the middle of the price range. One of the larger coffee tables is the Emerald Home Rustic Industrial Coffee Table, which commands the highest price.