WAHL T-Blade Personal Beard Trimmer
Last updated date: May 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beard Trimmers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beard Trimmer you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2023:
Checkout The Best Beard Trimmer for a detailed review of all the top beard trimmers.
WAHL Stainless Steel Lithium Ion Rechargeable Hair Clipper's patented blades are sharp enough to cut through even the thickest hair growth. If your battery runs out, just one minute of charge will you enough juice for a fast shave — a plus for those who spend a lot of time on the road. Another benefit of this trimmer is that if the battery reaches a certain level, an LED light alerts you so that you can charge it. We liked how solid this trimmer felt in our hands during testing.
In our analysis of 75 expert reviews, the WAHL T-Blade Personal Beard Trimmer placed 13th when we looked at the top 21 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The WAHL 9818 lithium ion stainless steel all-in-one groomer kit includes; rechargeable beard trimmer/shaver/razor, T-blade, detail shaver head, rotary ear/nose/brow detail head, 12 T-blade guides, comb, storage pouch, charger, cleaning brush, blade oil, and English/Spanish instructions. Accessories Included – Facial Hair Guide Combs: No. 1 – 1/8 inches Guide, No. 1/2 – 1/16 inches Guide, No. 2 – 3/16 inches Guide, No. 3 – 5/16 inches Guide. Haircutting Guide Combs: T-Blade 1/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1/4 inches Guide, T-Blade 3/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1/2 inches Guide, T-Blade 5/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 3/4 inches Guide, T-Blade 7/8 inches Guide, T-Blade 1 inches Guide. Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beard Trimmers
Keeping your beard neat and tidy can be tough work. But with the right tool, you’ll be able to quickly get that look you want. Today’s beard trimmers go beyond facial hair. Many come with attachments that help you trim your hair and mustache, as well as tools that let you control the length of the hair you’re trimming.
But beard trimmers can have a variety of features that make them stand out. One consideration is the motor, which determines how much power your razor will have. You’ll also be able to use some beard trimmers in the shower, cutting down on the time it will take to get ready each morning. As you look at the features, decide which ones matter most to you and choose accordingly.
In addition to trimming length attachments, some beard trimmers provide different trimming heads. You may also get a freebie, like a nose trimmer, along with your order, which will provide an all-in-one solution. Lastly, accessories like carrying cases can be very useful in keeping things together, so consider that a perk while you’re shopping.
You’ll also notice that some beard trimmers are cordless, while others are corded. On the surface, the cordless models seem much more convenient since you won’t be limited to a certain distance from a power plug. It’s important to keep in mind, though, that battery-powered trimmers need charging, and you’ll only be able to use your trimmer for a limited time before putting it back on the charger.
If you do choose a battery-operated model, weigh the benefits of one with a warning light that lets you know when the battery is nearing depletion. This will keep you from having to deal with that sudden battery drain when you most need your trimmer to work. If you plan to only use your trimmer for a few minutes each time, this may not be as important. But if you’re on the road and away from your charger, you may find yourself pushing your trimmer’s battery to its limits.
The Beard Trimmer Buying Guide
- Few things can be as frustrating as trying to trim your beard, only to find your razor isn’t making any difference at all. True cutting power is a combination of a sharp blade and a strong motor, which can help with even the thickest hair growth. The Wahl Groomsman Rechargeable Beard Trimmer uses patented Wahl blades, which are made from precision-ground carbon steel, backed by a motor strong enough to power through. Other models use self-sharpening surgical steel blades that are situated at the perfect angle for facial hair.
- Noise can be important, especially if you’re trimming early in the morning when everyone else is asleep. Look for a trimmer that has a powerful motor but still maintains a low noise level.
- Grip becomes increasingly important while you work on cleaning up your facial hair. Consider a trimmer with a non-slip body with a rubber grip that keeps you comfortable while also giving you the control you need.
- Weight is also an important factor. Some trimmers are lightweight, which makes a big difference if shaving is taking a while.
- Cleaning is always a little extra work with a beard trimmer. Some beard trimmers have a built-in water drain. Just open the drain and let the water flow through.
- Cordless trimmers have their benefits, but having a cord can come in handy, as well. You won’t have to worry about your battery running out before you finish. So unless you plan to wander around while trimming, this could be a handy feature to have.
- For cordless trimmers, you’ll need to pay close attention to charging time and battery life. Certain trimmers can charge in just one minute if all you need is a quick shave. Some models will need to charge at least overnight before you can use them, providing 35 to 50 minutes of use after a 10-hour charge.
- One downside to a battery-powered device is the fact that without warning, you’ll lose juice just when you need it. Some models feature a smart LED setting that blinks as your battery runs dow.
- Attachments are an important part of a beard trimmer. Some models come with four combs and a traditional razor. The Wahl Groomsman Rechargeable Beard Trimmer comes with a full suite of accessories, including a nose and ear hair trimmer, trimming and stubble guards, an accessory storage bag and a cleaning brush.
- If you haven’t bought a new beard trimmer in a while, you may not have one with a dial that makes it easy to change trim length. There are beard trimmers with dials that let you choose between 19 different settings.
- With most trimmers, you’ll merely need to clean them out and put them back on the charger. However, some trimmers will require occasional maintenance using the oil included in the package. You’ll get hair pulling if you go too long without doing this. Of course, you can always go with a model that doesn’t require oil.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide