Wahl User Friendly Pain Reducing Back Massager
Last updated date: January 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Back Massagers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Back Massager you should buy.
Update as January 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Back Massager for a detailed review of all the top back massagers.
Choose the intensity you need to reduce pain and fatigue. This massager also comes with four unique head attachments and a long power cable to give you more flexibility during use.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Wahl User Friendly Pain Reducing Back Massager placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion massager provides all-around and targeted muscle relief, even deep down, to speed healing or fitness recovery to support an active lifestyle. Percussion is the ultimate massage experience providing fast comfort by disrupting pain signals and increasing local blood circulation and block neuro transmitters and may help decrease inflammation and increase oxytocin levels; all of which allow muscles to relax, reducing feelings of tiredness and pain.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Back Massagers
Millions of people are plagued with backaches every day. An achy back can be caused by injuries, health issues, sleeping on a lumpy mattress or sitting in an uncomfortable position all day. Regardless of why you have a back ache, a back massager can provide some relief.
However, there are so many different options on the market that it’s difficult to know which one is right for the kind of pain you have. Back massagers can be designed to target specific areas like the upper or lower back, and have different options like heat and vibration.
An electric back massager is a common option that is easy to use. It’s typically shaped like a wand or pad, and you can maneuver it around your back to target the source of your pain. This is a good option if you’re not able to visit a massage therapist and need to tackle your back pain as soon as possible.
Opt for back massagers that have a shiatsu feature, which mimics the hands of a masseuse using this Japanese technique. For those who have knots in their back, a kneading feature helps to work them out. Back massagers with a heat feature also help to ease back pain and can be a therapeutic choice if you need some comfort and relief.
Using a back massager provides a wide variety of benefits. In addition to relieving your backache, the massage can help to improve your overall circulation. During a massage, your body gets more oxygen delivered to your muscle cells. Plus, a massage can help make you feel more relaxed and joyful. It releases endorphins to relax your nervous system and reduce anxiety. Not only that, you can actually have a better night’s sleep after a back massage. If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep at night, it’s worth seeing if a back massage can help.
The Back Massager Buying Guide
- Before you buy a back massager, it’s important to think about where your pain is specifically located on your back and how much area it covers. This will help you choose the right shape and size of the back massager. For the shape, you need to make sure it’s designed to target the source of your pain. The size should be large enough to cover the area where you have the most pain.
- For many shoppers, portability is key because they want to be able to take the back massager with them on vacation or to work. If that’s the case, pay attention to the size and how easy it will be to transport in a bag or purse. You’ll also need to see if it can work cordlessly and whether the batteries can hold a charge for a long time.
- Take a look at the massaging features and how the back massager actually works. The number of massage nodes on the massager will affect how deep and intense a massage you can have. Some back massagers use a percussion style of massage which provides a deep-tissue massage. For those that like the Japanese style of massage, look for a shiatsu feature. If you have trouble with knots in your back, make sure the back massager has a kneading feature.
- Getting a back massager that heats up is an excellent choice if you’re looking for pain relief. Make sure that the massager has an automatic shut-off function so that it doesn’t overheat and get damaged.
- Keep an eye out for back massagers with multiple intensity settings. There may be days when you only want a light massage and others where you need something more intense. Multiple settings will enable you to get the comfort you need.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide