VTech Kidi Star Built-In Games Music Magic Kids’ Microphone
Last updated date: December 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Microphones and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Microphone you should buy.
Update as December 2, 2022:
Checkout Inspire Your Kid To Sing With The Best Kids’ Microphone for a detailed review of all the top kids' microphones.
If you're searching for a kids' microphone that connects to MP3 players and a variety of mobile devices, this model is your best bet. It includes four built-in games, as well as a voice changer with four different voice effects. Kids can also activate the audience sound effects after a performance or sing along to the microphone's four original songs.
In our analysis, the VTech VTech Kidi Star Built-In Games Music Magic Kids' Microphone placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Set out on the path to stardom with the Kidi Star Music Magic Microphone. Be the lead singer with this Amazon Exclusive interactive microphone that features Music Magic Mode, which reduces the main vocal track of your favorite songs so your own voice is center stage! Easily connect your MP3 player or mobile device and sing along to favorite tunes from your collection. The microphone is packed with exciting features like 4 games, 4 original songs, a voice changer with four effects and an applause button Record yourself for up to two minutes and enjoy your performance again and again!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Microphones
For many children, performing is a playtime favorite, whether it’s singing or just entertaining a small crowd. It’s easier than ever for children to give those performances, thanks to a variety of microphones made specifically for them.
The best things about these microphones is that they can operate without connecting up to a speaker, computer or smartphone. You can find microphones that include a speaker that outputs the sound to the immediate area. You won’t be able to fill a stadium with the sound, but for at-home use, it’s perfect.
These microphones aren’t limited to straight audio, however. You can find kids’ microphones that add special effects to the voice that’s coming through, and even some that provide music for singalongs. If you’re looking to create a party atmosphere, you can buy a microphone that builds in LED lights that move in response to the sound coming through it.
Some microphones take the fun a step further by also recording. That means you can record and play back those performances for extra fun. It’s a great way to help a budding singer improve, or just give your children and their friends enjoyment as they listen to the results of their playtime.
The Kids' Microphone Buying Guide
- Most microphones will connect to other devices to give you more options than simply singing or speaking into it. Look for a microphone with Bluetooth capabilities that can connect to a mobile device, computer or a speaker. You can also find microphones with a 3.5mm audio jack if you’d prefer a direct connection.
- Most children’s microphones require batteries. Check to make sure you have plenty of those batteries in stock so your kids can keep going when the batteries fade.
- Adults might buy a complete karaoke set, but for children, there are options that will give your children a chance to play. Children’s sets might have an option to play tunes or inject applause into a child’s performance.
- In addition to effects like echo and applause, some microphones let you press a button to alter the sound of your voice.
- Pay close attention to the quality of the audio processor. A built-in tuner can also provide high-quality sound from an otherwise lightweight microphone.
- If you have younger children, you might want to look for a kids’ microphone built using plastic and durable materials. That will keep it lightweight and affordable.
- Noise like pops and hisses can be a problem when you’re using a microphone. Top-quality microphones use a filter to keep this excess noise out.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide