VSON Indoor Pollution Real-Time Air Quality Monitor
Last updated date: October 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Air Quality Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Air Quality Monitor you should buy.
Update as October 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Air Quality Monitor for a detailed review of all the top air quality monitors.
Once fully charged, this air quality monitor can run for up to 5 hours. It uses color and sound alarms to alert you when the air quality in your home is unsafe. The monitor tests for seven different factors, including formaldehyde, pollution, temperature and humidity.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the VSON Indoor Real-Time Air Quality Monitor placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Multi-function and air quality monitor : 7 data types can be provided to fully control air quality, including HCHO / TVOC / TEMP / HUM / PM2.5 / PM1.0 / PM10 / to ensure the health of all aspects of your family, Please calibrate before use to ensure data stability. Eesy To Operate : just press the power on / off button, you can easily operate this air monitor, designed with LCD color digital display, can provide the average value of each gas, real-time detection of harmful HCHO and TVOC in the room. Advanced fan and sensor : The color and sound alarm can detect and analyze the detector in real time, and display the risk level in time. When it exceeds “normal”, the detector alarm will sound and the interface color will change to avoid danger. Portable & Rechargeable Battery : The easy-to-carry intelligent air quality monitor can help us detect gas air pollution in homes, offices, and schools. The built-in 1000mAh rechargeable battery is packed with a USB cable, and the standby time can last for 3-6h. Application Range : home, office, car, hotel, bedroom, camping etc. The air quality monitor is very easy to store and carry, and its unit weight is 170.5g. You can test the air quality anytime and anywhere, so that your family can live a healthier life!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Air Quality Monitors
It’s estimated that most people spend 90% of their time inside. That means almost all the air we breathe throughout any given day is indoor air. It makes sense then to learn exactly what is in the air that we breathe and what the levels of those potential contaminants are. Once a person is armed with this information, he or she can take steps to change the environment for the better.
Air quality monitors are now made for home use, but you’ll need to do your homework before deciding on a specific model. This is because not all air quality monitors test for the same things. Some models are also more tech-savvy, which may not be ideal for those who prefer a simple readout that is easy to understand.
Start off reviewing which contaminates the air quality monitor is capable of identifying. For example, the BIAOLING Multifunctional Air Quality Monitor tests the air for formaldehyde, total natural and synthetic volatile organic compounds, carbon dioxide and fine particulate dust matter. Other monitors also track the temperature and humidity of the air, as well as the air pressure and ozone levels.
Determine whether you need a stationary air quality monitor or one that is more portable. Some models can actually be used for both purposes, as they have the ability to spot-check a hotel room or continuously run for two days to provide you with a more accurate picture of the air quality in your bedroom.
Look at how the results of the air quality test are provided to the end-user. For example, some monitors are more simple to use and feature an easy-to-read LED display. The units are color-coded with green indicating that the air quality is good, yellow revealing moderate air quality levels and red showing that the air has reached unhealthy levels.
Individuals who are more tech-savvy and who prefer a more detailed report will want to go with a unit like the Awair Element Indoor Air Quality Monitor. This device connects to an app on your smartphone, so you can log in and review your results. The app is also able to provide feedback and helpful tips to improve the health of the air in your home. The device is even compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Other models also work with Nest and Roomba.
The Air Quality Monitor Buying Guide
- Air quality monitors that are powered by wall adapters often have cables that are difficult to hide.
- Some air quality monitors pair with a smartphone app, so look for compatibility with your phone’s operating system when making a purchasing decision.
- Most air quality monitors do not test for things like carbon monoxide and mold, so you’ll still want to install carbon monoxide detectors in your home, too. If you suspect you have a mold problem, you can also buy mold detection kits.
- You may find some air quality monitors are off by a couple of degrees or micrometers. For the most part, this isn’t too much of an issue. If you need more accurate results, however, you’ll want to invest in a more top-of-the-line model.
- It is important to note that some air quality monitors run loudly, while others are much quieter. If you have an infant at home or you consider yourself a light sleeper, you may want to search for a quiet model.
- Some air quality monitors are battery-operated. You’ll need to check whether the batteries are included or whether you need to purchase them separately.
- Portable air quality monitors can be used to test the air quality in your car, office, basement or hotel room.
- If you suffer from severe allergies or asthma, an air quality monitor is an excellent investment. You’ll have the information you need to keep your attacks to a minimum. For example, if you notice the dust matter levels rising, you’ll know it’s time to change your home air filters.
- Monitors that connect to an app on your phone are often able to track the changes in your air quality over a specified period of time. This is a great way to identify any unhealthy patterns, so you can make any necessary changes.
- Some of the apps used in conjunction with the air quality monitors are only compatible with 2.4 G Wi-Fi. They won’t work over Wi-Fi or 5.0GHz connections.
- Many of the monitors can also be taken outside to get a snapshot of the air surrounding your home.
- Air quality monitors vary slightly in price based on their design and integration with today’s technology. The BIAOLING Multifunctional Air Quality Monitor comes in at an affordable rate. Both, the Huma-i Advanced Portable Air Quality Monitor and the Awair Element Indoor Air Quality Monitor, are moderately priced. You’ll pay more, however, for the Airthings Radon Air Quality Monitor, which works with Alexa, Google Assistant and the app on your phone.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide