Vremi Portable Countertop Ice Maker With Ice Scoop And Basket
Last updated date: March 26, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Ice Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Ice Maker you should buy.
If you like large, cylindrical ice, the Vremi Portable Countertop Ice Maker should be your pick. It can make 9 ice cubes in less than 10 minutes and a full 26 pounds in only 24 hours. It reuses melted ice to make new ice cubes to help save water, and it uses only 120 watts of energy to help keep your family eco-friendly. In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Vremi Vremi Portable Countertop Ice Maker placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Portable Ice Maker for a detailed review of all the top portable ice makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
DESIGNED TO MAKE PERFECT ICE FAST - Our ice maker works quickly making 9 chewable delicious bullet-shaped ice-cubes in one cycle in just 8 to 10 minutes—and up to 26 lbs of ice in 24 hrs Each ice cube weighs 8 grams making it perfect for mixed drinks or small water bottle openings. COMPACT, PORTABLE ICE MACHINE - Good things come in small packages. Measuring at 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, this ice maker can go anywhere. Since it doesn’t need a water hookup, it’s an ideal choice for barbeques, outdoor parties, or basement bars. Get fresh ice in your ice adventures as this ice-maker comes with a 1.5 lb removable ice bucket and a plastic scoop. INTELLIGENT FEATURES - You do enough thinking let us help out Our ice maker prevents overflowing with warning lights and an automatic shut-off feature for when the ice basket is full or if water needs to be refilled It doesn’t need any complex installation either just set it upright and leave it for 24 hours to settle its coolant before use. QUIET and ENERGY EFFICIENT - Electric ice maker is made to be chill it runs at a mellow and efficient 120 watts with a quiet cooling function Its 2 2-liter water reservoir sits below the ice basket letting your ice maker reuse water from melted ice to make new ice— giving you best-in-class ease-of-use and energy efficient. YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - Vremi offers a 1-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Ice Makers
The days of filling ice cube trays with water and waiting for them to freeze are long gone, thanks to built-in ice makers. But not everyone has a state-of-the-art freezer. Even if you have one at home, you may buy an RV or own a rental cabin that lacks ice-making capabilities.
For those situations, a portable ice maker is all you’ll need. Taking up minimal counter space, these appliances act as a handy addition to any modern kitchen. You’ll simply need to routinely add water to the reservoir, then wait for the container to begin to fill with ice. Although many ice makers require a full day to fill the container completely, many begin providing ice in less than 15 minutes.
But in recent years, ice makers have become popular even with those who have the capacity built into their freezers. Some dispense cylindrical ice, similar to what you get from a hotel ice machine. However, others offer that small, bullet-shaped ice similar to what you get at fast-food chains like Sonic. If you’re shopping for ice makers for that reason, pay close attention to the type of ice each one produces to make sure you’re getting what you want.
DWYM Fun Fact
The popular habit of chomping on ice can actually be a sign of an underlying health issue, particularly if it’s become a habit. Known as pagophagia, compulsively chewing ice is a form of pica, which is a disorder related to eating items with no nutritional value. Studies have linked compulsive ice chewing to iron deficiencies, which are very common in pregnant women, and much more common in women overall than in men. By chewing ice, you send more blood to the brain, which helps improve thought clarity and alertness. But the habit can be dangerous for your teeth, not to mention the harm that can come from leaving an iron deficiency unchecked. If you can’t seem to stop chewing ice, it might be time to schedule a physical to make sure your habit isn’t a sign of underlying health issues.
The Portable Ice Maker Buying Guide
- One thing to consider before buying a portable ice maker is that you’ll have to manually refill the reservoir on a daily basis to keep the ice going. Some ice makers can use melted ice cubes to make new ice, but once you’re out of water, new ice will no longer be produced.
- It’s also important to consider the water capacity of the water reservoir. The smaller the reservoir, the more often you’ll have to fill it to keep the ice flow going.
- If you’re concerned about your carbon footprint, look for an ice maker with eco-friendly options. Some can pull any melted cubes into the water reservoir to make fresh cubes. Still others draw less power, saving on electricity.
- Noise is a consideration, particularly if you spend time near your kitchen. If this is a concern, look for an ice maker that boasts quiet operation.
- Ice size is an important factor in the ice maker you buy. Some units come with multiple ice size options, letting you switch back and forth between larger and smaller cubes.
- If you plan to only use your ice maker occasionally, note how long it will take to produce the first few cubes of ice from the time you insert water. Many start providing ice in less than 10 minutes, which can come in handy if you’re just occasionally firing up your machine.