Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube
Last updated date: April 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ice Cube Trays and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Ice Cube Tray you should buy.
Update as April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Ice Cube Tray for a detailed review of all the top ice cube trays.
Although the Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube only holds a few cubes, the cubes are oversized. They can be used to create large ice blocks for refreshing alcoholic beverages or to freeze single servings of homemade baby food. Each tray comes with a lid to allow for proper stacking in the freezer.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This crew runs deep—real deep. Each set comes with two trays (one red and one turquoise) and each tray holds 8 cubes, for 16 cubes total. Usually you gotta go to a jeweler to get that much ice. Each silicone ice tray measures 8.25 x 4.5 inches; each cube measures 1.75 inches on all sides. The trays fit in almost any freezer or mini fridge, and the cubes are big enough to chill effectively, yet small enough to fit inside the mouth of most water bottles. This crew also keeps really cool—like freezer safe from -40ºF cool. And they’re dishwasher safe, so you don’t need to worry about clean up: Just stick them on the top rack, and you’re good to go.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ice Cube Trays
Nobody wants a lukewarm glass of iced tea or lemonade on a hot summer day. Ice cubes do an excellent job of keeping these drinks nice and cool. Of course, depending on the type of ice cube tray you buy, you can also use this handy kitchen tool to make everything from popsicles for the kids to herb-infused cubes for the adults to add to their alcoholic beverages.
No matter what type of ice cube tray you decide on, you need to make sure it is free of toxins and that it doesn’t contain any BPA. You don’t want chemicals leeching into the ice you’re going to drink later on. It’s also ideal to check the product label for that FDA approved logo.
Determine whether you need smaller ice cubes that fit most cups, like the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube, or larger ice cubes that melt much slower. You can even go with the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube, which makes large cubes in both circular and box shapes.
Check whether the ice cube trays can be stacked or not. This is important if you need to make the most of your freezer space. Traditional models are built to be stacked on top of each other, but there’s also the option of going with a tray that has a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube has a unique lid that also doubles as a tray, which is nice if you need to serve cocktails to your house guests.
Finally, make sure the ice cube tray is built to easily release the ice cubes. You don’t want to have to fight with the tray to get the ice cubes out. The OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube releases its ice cubes when the user holds on to the sides and gives the tray a twist, but other models allow you to flip the tray over and simply push on the bottom to pop the cubes out.
The Ice Cube Tray Buying Guide
- It’s important to note that stacked trays can freeze together.
- Don’t overfill the ice cube trays or the ice will be hard to remove after it sets.
- Always check the product label for cleaning instructions. Most ice cube trays can be cleaned in a dishwasher; however, some will require hand washing.
- Ice cube trays are handy for much more than just freezing water. You can use them to make dishwasher detergent packets, sushi bites, peanut butter cups and even seed bombs. You can also reuse old ice cube trays as paint palettes or to store craft supplies.
- Ice cube trays vary in price based on construction materials and the size of the ice cubes. You’ll find the Kitch Easy Release Ice Cube Trays, 16-Cube uses a traditional design and is the most affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the OXO No-Spill Ice Cube Tray with Silicone Lid, 14-Cube, as it also comes with a lid. The Vremi Large Silicone Ice Cube Tray, 8-Cube and the Ticent Silicone Sphere & Square Ice Cube Trays, 6-Cube are more expensive because they make large cubes.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide