Vremi Food Preservation Vacuum Sealer
Last updated date: October 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Vacuum Sealers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Vacuum Sealer you should buy.
Editor's Note October 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Vacuum Sealer for a detailed review of all the top vacuum sealers.
Although this vacuum sealer is compact in size and has a weight of just 3 pounds, it packs a powerful punch. In fact, it takes less than 20 seconds to successfully seal the food to preserve freshness. Moisture stays out and freezer burn becomes a thing of the past.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the Vremi Vremi Food Preservation Vacuum Sealer placed 3rd when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FOOD PRESERVER for LONGER STORAGE TIME - Lock the aroma, freshness, and taste of your food with the Vremi vacuum sealer. The perfect sous vide companion with -0.8 bar vacuum power and 3 mm wide sealing strip design that provides a secure, airtight heat seal to keep moisture out and preserve your meat, produce, and leftovers fresh and flavorful up to 5 times longer. SMART ONE TOUCH LED LIGHT PANEL - Our 100-watt packing machine is made to have a fully automatic vacuum sealing operation. It has soft-touch digital control buttons and LED indicator lights making it a simple and quick way to create snack packs or ready-made meals. To clean, wipe the outside of the appliance with a damp cloth and the vacuum chamber with tissue paper. Make sure that the appliance is thoroughly dry before using again. DRY and MOIST SEALING MODES - Features two selectable dry and moist handheld food settings according to your needs. Choose “Dry” mode for solid items and “Moist” mode for storing wet food. It also effectively works on vacuum jars, containers, and even wine stoppers with the use of the suction hose included in this product (Note: Canister jar sealer and bottle stopper not included). REFRIGERATOR and FREEZER SPACE SAVER - Plan your meals like a pro with this food vacuum packer. By vacuum sealing family-sized or individual portions of your favorite food, you give extra space in your fridge, freezer and kitchen cabinets than stored supermarket packaging. As an added safety feature, this product stops automatically after the sealing process. COMPACT SIZE with STARTER KIT SET - This electric vacuum sealer in a sleek and stain-resistant housing measures 14.2 x 5.9 x 3 inches with strong suction power and modern design that fits on any kitchen countertop. This kitchen gadget also comes with 3.5 feet long power cord. Package includes 5 pre-cut bags (7.8 x 11.8 inch), 1 bag roll (7.8 x 78 inch) and suction tube (15.7 inches)
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Julie Chernoff is a long-time member of Les Dames d’Escoffier (past president of the Chicago Chapter, and current co-chair of the LDEI Legacy Awards Committee), the Association of Food Journalists (AFJ) and the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Chernoff is the dining editor of Better, a lifestyle website and print magazine. Her journalism started in the test kitchens of Weight Watchers Magazine. She holds a BA in English from Yale University and is a graduate of the California Culinary Academy. She has spent the last few decades styling, photographing, teaching, developing recipes, editing, thinking and writing about food.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Vacuum Sealers
Vacuum sealers are an essential tool for any home cook. Not only will they save you time and money, but using them to preserve food adds unbelievable flavor, making even the simplest dishes stand out.
“The price of a vacuum sealer will quickly be offset by the money you will save, as it can be used to drastically extend the shelf life of pretty much any foodstuff, be it in the pantry, refrigerator or freezer,” says culinary expert Julie Chernoff, food journalist, dining editor for Better magazine and member of Les Dames d’Escoffier.
They do this by packing in juices and preserving the freshness of food, minimizing its contact with air. Airtight environments prevent juices from escaping, keeping food moist. The airtight environment created by a vacuum sealer can also prevent solid foods from hardening since they won’t be absorbing moisture from the surrounding air. This is ideal when you need a long-term storage solution for fruits, vegetables or other perishable food items.
“Air is the enemy of food storage; it causes foods to go stale, get moldy, oxidize, or become rancid,” Chernoff explains. “By removing all of the air from inside a bag, bottle or jar, your food products will be good for much longer. Meat won’t brown in the bag, items stored in the freezer won’t get freezer burn, and dry goods won’t get buggy. You can even put your polished silver in a vacuum-sealed bag to prevent tarnishing from exposure to air! It’s a great tool for people who are into meal prep.”
These handy machines use suction to remove oxygen from plastic vacuum bags, applying heat to firmly seal them closed. Vacuum bags are typically held separate from the oxygen-sucking sealer, but some brands are beginning to combine the two in the same housing. It comes with a possible downside — a bulkier appliance — but you may decide it’s worth it for your needs.
The vacuum sealing method is often confused with shrinkwrapping, but they are distinctly different. Shrinkwrapping isn’t a viable way to preserve food, though it may have similar results within alternative applications, like storing clothes.
Unlike vacuum-sealed items, shrink-wrapped items are enclosed in film, which is effectively shrunk when heat is applied. The film adheres to the item, taking its shape. It removes most of the air but does not truly vacuum seal its contents.
Vacuum sealers work well when preserving meats and seafood, like fish (hint: add a flavor-boosting marinade before sealing to kick things up a notch). Once you’ve sealed it up, pop it in the freezer. Most quality vacuum sealers will create an airtight package that will keep in the freezer for an incredibly long time while preserving taste and minimizing freezer burn. You can say goodbye to throwing away leftovers and hello to buying in bulk without worrying about how to use it before it goes bad.
You can defrost your vacuum-sealed food while in the vacuum bag, but defrosting must be done in the fridge to allow it to remain at a safe, constant temperature. As such, you’ll need to allow enough time (about 24 hours for every five pounds of meat) for it to comfortably reach the desired temperature before cooking.
If defrosting your sealed food in the fridge is not an option, remove it from its vacuum-sealed bag. The inside of the vacuum bag is not sterile, so leaving perishable items at room temperature should always be avoided as it could result in bacteria growth.
Quality vacuum sealers are essential for adequately preserving products, especially food. That’s why you shouldn’t skimp on quality when choosing your vacuum sealer.
Also, consider what additional features you might want to make vacuum-sealing even easier and more convenient.
“An accessory hose is useful for dry canning and jar sealing,” Chernoff suggests. “Look for a unit with an easily removable/washable drip tray for cleaning up the liquid that sometimes gets sucked into the machine during the sealing process. Bag storage built into the unit is a big plus, as is a built-in cutter. The bigger and better vacuum sealers are likely to have those.”
The good news is there are vacuum sealers that will get the job done well at just about every price point, so you have some excellent options!
The Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide
- Vacuum sealers can come in handy outside the kitchen, too. Next time you’re packing for a long vacation, seal your clothes. They’ll be tightly packed, making room for many more items in your suitcase. Sealing toiletries is also a great way to ensure your bag will be mess-free after a bumpy flight. Additionally, you can use vacuum sealers to protect important papers or photos from dirt and moisture while in storage.
- Price is always a concern when buying a new appliance. The right price point depends on how you intend to use your vacuum sealer. Are you a hunter or fisherman who needs to preserve large quantities of meat? Are you a home cook for a small family? Will you use your vacuum sealer daily? The answers to those questions will help you decide which appliance is best for you. After all, their prices range significantly.
- Marinate meat, seafood or other proteins before storing. This will add an enormous amount of flavor to your dish with minimal effort on your part. Add things like garlic, spices and oil before sealing your vacuum bag. Ensure all the liquid is touching your food item while in the bag to ensure maximum absorption. To allow the marination process to run its course, store your vacuum-sealed food in the fridge for an hour or so. Then, you can store it in the freezer for later use. When you’re ready to cook it, you’ll have a pre-marinated dish full of flavor, saving you tons of valuable time.
- When comparing vacuum sealers, size is important. That’s especially true if you have limited counter and storage space. Not including commercial models, most countertop vacuum sealers range from 15 by 8 inches and 6 pounds to more than twice that size. While larger appliances are less convenient, they typically are more powerful than smaller models.
- Make sure to unplug your appliance before cleaning. Then, use a damp cloth with a mild detergent to wipe down all surfaces. For quick and easy cleaning, look for a machine with a removable and dishwasher-safe drip tray.
- Find a vacuum sealer with a handheld sealer to keep fridge and pantry items, like deli meat and cheese. A handheld sealer will help remove air from containers and zipper bags to keep your everyday food lasting longer and tasting better.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide