Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern
Last updated date: October 7, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Camping Lanterns and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Lantern you should buy.
What sets the Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern apart from competitors is the fact that it runs on rechargeable batteries. Instead of spending extra money on disposables, this means you can invest in one set of batteries that will last for a long time. The build is waterproof, so even if you drop it in a puddle or lake, you'll still be able to use it. In our analysis of 135 expert reviews, the Vont Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Camping Lantern for a detailed review of all the top camping lanterns.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Equipped with 30 crazy bright LEDs, this compact lantern cuts through 360 degrees of darkness on the stormiest, dimmest nights. Easily lights up the entire tent or room. Battery life lasts over 30 hours - that is TWICE longer than competitors. COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT ––– Unique, patented collapsible design that reduces or increases the light as you collapse or expand the lantern. When collapsed it's as small as your phone. Easily fits in your backpack or emergency kit. Our lanterns are a life-saver in unpredictable situations like hurricanes or a zombie apocalypse. WATERPROOF & INDESTRUCTIBLE ––– Constructed with aircraft grade materials: your lantern is able to survive a 10-foot drop, being temporarily submerged under water and even caffeinated toddlers. ORIGINAL PATENTED VERSION ––– We are the original patent holders for this lantern. We hand-craft each lantern with the strict quality control to give you the best product you deserve. Don't equip yourself with inferior lanterns. LIFETIME WARRANTY ––– You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the brightness, quality, durability, longevity and performance or we will refund your money no questions asked. Lifetime warranty & support provided by Vont. CE/ROHs certified.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Lanterns
Whether you’re sleeping in a tent in the middle of the woods or launching a nighttime kayaking adventure, a good camping lantern can be your most treasured tool. Camping lanterns are made specifically for the unique needs of outdoor adventurers, with many even having a hook to make them easy to hang on tent poles and other surfaces.
But there are several things to consider when you’re in the market for a camping lantern. The first is just how bright you want your lamp to be. Most of today’s lanterns use LED, which are both energy efficient and powerful, with the ability to illuminate a wide space. However, you may want the ability to lower that brightness or switch over to a red light to navigate through your campsite without waking everyone else. Some camping lanterns even come with SOS lights in case you ever find yourself in an emergency situation.
As handy as a bright light can be, though, it won’t help much if it drains your batteries quickly. The energy efficiency of LED lights helps quite a bit, but some lanterns also have a setting that allows you to switch to a lower-powered light, preserving the bright light for only when you really need it. This can conserve battery power, with some lamps lasting for 12 hours or more.
Durability is another important issue. Although it’s important that your lantern last for many years, it’s also good if it can survive drops. Chances are, your lantern will suffer at least an accident or two on your adventures, so finding a rugged lantern is important. Whether you plan to take it on water-bound adventures or not, a waterproof lantern can be invaluable. You never know when you’ll be stuck in a rainstorm or you’ll accidentally drop it in a puddle. Some lanterns are not only waterproof, but they also float to make it easy to recover if you drop it in a body of water.
DWYM Fun Fact
Coleman is credited with bringing camping lanterns to the world. In the early 1900s, W.C. Coleman hung the company’s first gas lamps from poles near a football field in Wichita, Kansas. This effectively provided light for that night’s game at Fairmount College. That game is believed to be the first nighttime football game held west of the Mississippi. The lamp, developed in 1905 by W.C. Coleman, used a small pressurized base tank to provide safe, bright illumination at campsites. Since then, Coleman has been a leader in the camping lantern field, although today’s lanterns use batteries for power and LEDs for energy-efficient illumination.
The Camping Lantern Buying Guide
- LEDs can provide plenty of energy efficiency without sacrificing brightness. The LED light on the Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is especially brilliant, covering a wide space. With the Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern, you get 360-degree light distribution to help cover your campsite.
- The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern also comes with a red light, which provides just enough light for you to see without blinding those around you.
- If you ever find yourself stranded and need help, the SOS light on the Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern will prove very useful.
- Even with energy-efficient LEDs, camping lanterns can drain your batteries, possibly leaving you stranded if you don’t have a way to charge them. The rechargeable batteries on the Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern give you up to 12 hours of light. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern has a low white light mode, which can extend the life of your batteries to up to 295 hours, but the high setting will drain your batteries quickly.
- The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern runs on rechargeable batteries, which can save you money over time. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern runs on three D batteries, while the Odoland Portable LED Camping Lantern takes two D batteries. With the Vont 2 Pack LED Camping Lantern, you’ll need three AA batteries on hand.
- Chances are, you’re taking your lantern on outdoor adventures. That means eventually, it will suffer a mishap or two. The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is made from military-grade materials that keep it intact no matter what you put it through. The Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern has been extensively tested and can survive falls of up to two meters.
- Water-resistance is also important. The Vont 4 Pack LED Camping Lantern is waterproof, but the waterproof Streamlight Siege Compact Hand Lantern also floats in water.