VIZIO D-Series Ultra HD LED Smart TV, 50-Inch
Last updated date: June 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 50-Inch TVs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 50-Inch TV you should buy.
Update as July 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best 50-Inch TVs for a detailed review of all the top 50-inch tvs.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the VIZIO D-Series Ultra HD LED Smart TV, 50-Inch placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With 4x the detail of 1080p Full HD, the VIZIO D-Series Ultra HD Smart TV is your crystal-clear window to a stunningly beautiful Ultra HD experience. VIZIO D-Series™ Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV delivers brilliant picture quality and easy-to-use smart TV at an incredible value. 4K Ultra HD provides breathtaking detail and clarity in every image and VIZIO Internet Apps Plus® gives you access to popular apps such as Netflix, XUMO, YouTube, and more. With 4K Ultra HD, and over 8.3 million pixels in every image, the D-Series produces breathtaking detail and clarity. Enjoy your favorite HD shows in Ultra HD resolution with VIZIO’s Spatial Scaling Engine™. VIZIO’s Spatial Scaling Engine converts everything you watch into Ultra HD by automatically upscaling HD and Full HD content to 4K UHD resolution. VIZIO Internet Apps Plus® (V.I.A. Plus) and WiFi connectivity are built into every VIZIO D-Series Smart TV 1. Enjoy a wide variety of popular apps with streaming content and internet radio at your fingertips. The simplified app home and app launcher make finding your favorite entertainment effortless. A revolutionary V8 Octa-Core Processor featuring a quad-core GPU and quad-core CPU that speeds everything up – from finding content and apps to powering up the TV. With support for the latest Wi-Fi standard 802.11ac (that’s up to 3x faster than 802.11n2), M-Series lets you stream Ultra HD from popular apps such as Netflix®. Browse content on your phone or tablet and play it directly to your VIZIO Smart TV. Enjoy true multi-screen viewing with Second Screen-ready mobile apps like Netflix® and YouTube®.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 50-Inch TVs
By some estimates, the average adult American spends a total of 4.5 hours watching television on a daily basis. This makes sense, since many individuals tune in to check the weather in the morning, get a news update in the afternoon and unwind with their favorite program at the end of a long day. Since you’re sure to make good use of your TV, it’s a good idea to invest in a quality 50-inch TV.
Decide whether you’re interested in purchase a traditional television or a smart TV. The Sceptre 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV, 50-Inch, although not a smart TV, has a host of attractive features that are designed to enhance your viewing experience. For example, it’s able to take a High Definition program and vividly enhance it to a 4K resolution that is absolutely stunning. It also comes with motion estimation and motion compensation that enhance the picture quality of action-packed shows, movies and sporting events.
If it’s a smart TV you’re interested in, you’ll want a model that is easy-to-use and set up. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch fits this bill, as it has a simple interface that even technologically-challenged individuals will be able to navigate. The unit is sleek and modern in design. Users will appreciate the included mobile app, which allows viewers to use their smartphone as a TV remote.
Check the 50-inch smart TV to see what it is compatible with. For example, the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch works with both Alexa and Google Assistant. This allows you to use the television hands-free, which is handy if you’re enjoying a meal and you want to change the channel or you don’t want to get up to fetch the remote to search for your favorite program.
If space is an issue, you’ll want to go with a 50-inch TV that has a slim design, like the Insignia Smart 4K UHD TV, 50-Inch. This smart TV can be mounted on a wall, but it’s also thin, measuring just over 10 inches with the attached stand. That means you can set it on any tabletop, entertainment center or shelf.
The 50-Inch TV Buying Guide
- Just like every other device in your home, your 50-inch TV will benefit from the occasional cleaning. When you’re ready to begin this task, turn the television off and unplug it from the outlet. Grab a microfiber cloth and use it to wipe down the screen. Should the screen be a bit dirtier than you expected, you can dampen the cloth with a bit of distilled water or spray the cloth with a cleaner made specifically for flatscreen televisions. Once the screen is clean, you can spray a new lint-free cloth with an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the sides and back of the television.
- You’ll need to take extra care when cleaning a television screen that has been coated with an anti-glare material, as these screens are more sensitive.
- Never spray water or a cleaner directly on your TV screen. You risk getting some of the liquid inside the television, which can lead to permanent damage.
- Carefully consider where you’d like to place your 50-inch TV, as the sun can cause an annoying glare on the television screen. If you can’t position the TV away from the path of the sun, you may want to invest in a set of blackout curtains.
- Operating instructions for your 50-inch TV can be found online if you misplace them. Additionally, you can search sites like YouTube for helpful videos on how to set up the exact model television you decide to go with. Many individuals are visual learners and these videos provide step-by-step setup instructions that you can follow with ease.
- If your 50-inch TV comes with a remote control, you’ll need to check whether a set of batteries is included or not. Some models provide starter batteries, while others don’t.
- Some smart TVs allow you to buy an HD antenna, which can be connected to the television for watching live shows and sports programs.
- If the television you’re interested in isn’t a smart TV, you can actually turn it into one by purchasing a Roku 4K streaming stick. The stick is extremely affordable and comes with buttons for popular platforms, like Hulu and Netflix.
- Since the price for a 50-inch TV varies greatly based on design and extra features, you’ll want to consider it as just one of the factors in your overall decision. The TCL 4K Smart LED Roku TV, 50-Inch and the Insignia Smart 4K UHD TV, 50-Inch are among the more affordable models on the market. If you have it in your budget to pay a bit more, you’ll find the Samsung 7 Series 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50-Inch and the Sceptre 4K UHD Ultra Slim LED TV, 50-Inch are excellent choices.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide