Vizari Malaga Foam Padded Backing Soccer Shin Guards
Last updated date: July 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Soccer Shin Guards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Soccer Shin Guard you should buy.
Update as July 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Soccer Shin Guards for a detailed review of all the top soccer shin guards.
These soccer shin guards for kids have adjustable straps and many color options to provide ultimate customizability. Despite its comfortable, lightweight build, the outer shell is built using high-quality polypropylene plastic to easily take hits without weakening. The shin guard also helps stabilize and protect the player's ankles to prevent injury in that area.
In our analysis of 55 expert reviews, the Vizari Malaga Foam Padded Backing Soccer Shin Guards placed 3rd when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Based in Paramount, California, Vizari Sport USA is a well established brand in the soccer specialty industry. By consistently providing athletes of all ages and skill levels with the highest quality soccer apparel and equipment since its foundation in 1998,Vizari Sport USA has grown steadily throughout the years into one of the finest soccer specific companies in the industry today. Lightweight PP shell for Protection. Foam padded backing for comfort, Front strap closing system. Excellent players shin guard.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Soccer Shin Guards
If your kids play soccer, you likely have some basic equipment you’re required to buy before the start of the season. One item that’s a must before hitting the field is a shin guard for each leg. Soccer players can take pretty tough blows to the shin area, whether through aggressive kicks from other players, tackles or the ball itself. The correct shin guard can protect against injury.
But it’s important to find a shin guard that does its job effectively. The shield must be made of a material that can absorb shock and withstand a few knocks, but that material won’t be comfortable against the skin. For that reason, many shin guards feature material like foam that rests against the skin to keep the player comfortable.
FIFA doesn’t just require shin guards. The organization also has very strict standards for how they’re made. They need to be designed using a “suitable material,” as well as provide “a reasonable degree of protection.” Additionally, shin guards must be covered completely by a player’s stockings.
Before you buy, check your own organization’s regulations regarding shin guards. Although safety is a top priority, you’ll also need to make sure they meet uniform requirements. Once you’ve gathered those requirements, pay close attention to the material used to protect the shins. Polypropylene is a popular material for the shield part of the shin guard due to its ability to absorb the shock of an impact.
Lastly, there’s the fit of the shin guard. Make sure it covers the length of the shin and that it has straps that will adjust to ensure a snug fit. Some guards are built ergonomically to ensure they conform to the leg. You should also look for a shin guard that will protect the ankle as well as the shin.
The Soccer Shin Guard Buying Guide
- Shin guards attach using straps. Pay close attention to how these work and make sure the shin guard will stay firmly in place, without moving around, even with knee bends and twists.
- In addition to safeguarding the shin, many shin guards are designed to protect the ankle. Make sure it’s built to keep the ankle stable to prevent twisting.
- Some shin guards provide great protection, but they do so at the expense of comfort. Keep in mind that a heavier shin guard can be uncomfortable and distract from gameplay. Lightweight, yet strong, is best.
- Getting the shin guard on and off can be complicated, especially if you’re dealing with straps that attach in the back. Having straps that fasten in front can be a big help for children. They may even be able to put on and take off their shin guards without help.
- Shin guards come in a variety of colors and designs, which will help you find one that fits your own player’s preferences.
- Some shin guards extend all the way up to the knee, offering additional protection on the field.
- Foam padding between the shield and the leg does more than provide comfort. It can also help absorb shock, increasing the protection shin guards offer.
- Shin guards typically aren’t one size fits all, even if there are straps to adjust the fit. You may want to take measurements to ensure that the one you’re buying is the right one for your child’s height and shin length.
- The straps play an essential role in ensuring the shin guard doesn’t slip around while your player is in action. Multiple straps can help with that, but a snug fit is essential, too. As your player sweats, especially while playing on hot days, shin guards can become uncomfortable. A mesh sleeve can help with that, offering the breathability necessary to stay cool.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide