Vive Stainless Metal Shower Bar
Last updated date: June 13, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shower Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shower Bar you should buy.
Update as June 13, 2022:
Checkout The Best Shower Bar for a detailed review of all the top shower bars.
This useful shower bar can be installed in different ways to fit your bathroom. It’s made from strong stainless steel that is corrosion resistant. This bar can support up to 440 pounds.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Vive Stainless Metal Shower Bar placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Enhancing bathroom safety and instilling confidence for greater independence, the stainless steel grab bar provides a strong, durable option for the elderly, those with limited mobility, injuries or balance issues. Versatile installation options allow the corrosion-resistant grab bar to positioned to provide optimal leverage and support for individuals up to 500 pounds. The stainless steel bar is perfectly sized for a comfortable, secure grip and features a smooth, brushed nickel finish for fresh, clean look. Easily mount the metal grab bar vertically, horizontally or diagonally depending on your particular needs. The grab bar and included mounting hardware is suitable for installation on acrylic, fiberglass surfaces as well as plaster and drywall.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shower Bars
A shower bar, also known as a grab bar, is an extra handle that is installed in the bath or shower to prevent people from slipping and falling. They are usually made from a rust-free metal, and can be of varying lengths.
While commonly used to help seniors find stability on slippery bath surfaces, shower bars are also useful for adults and children. In fact, over 230,000 bathroom falls happen every year for people over 15 years old. In order to prevent unnecessary accidents, it’s critical to have a shower bar in place in your bathtub or shower.
Getting out of the bathtub can be difficult when you’re on a wet surface. Typically, bathtub sides are around 18 inches high, so it requires you to take a big step over. Shower stalls usually have a lip of around five inches, which can be easy to miss and trip over. If your balance isn’t good, or if you’re unsteady on a wet, soapy surface, having something helpful to grab on to can save you from injury.
When installing your shower bar, it’s vital to find the right place to put it up. A shower bar needs to be mounted onto a wall stud, otherwise it will not provide the stability and security you need. Ask a family member to stand in the bath or shower and climb out, so you can watch their hand placement. This will give you a good idea of where the shower bar needs to be mounted.
The Shower Bar Buying Guide
- Opt for a shower bar that is made from stainless steel or other metal that will not corrode from the water. This will ensure you don’t need to replace your shower bar frequently.
- Shower bars come in multiple lengths, with 18 inches being a common offering. You can also find shower bars that are as long as 24 inches. Take a look at your space to see what you can accommodate, and be sure to install it in the correct position to maximize effectiveness. Usually, shower bars are around 1 ½ inch in diameter, so it’s easy to hold regardless of age. If you’re going to mount the shower bar horizontally, then you’ll need to get a longer one around 32 inches.
- Be wary of shower bars that leave a lot of space between the wall and the bar. If it sticks out too far, it can be hazardous as you can bump into it.
- Consider the surface of the shower bar and how textured it is. It’s important for the surface to be slip resistant so that when you’re holding on to it with wet hands, you don’t slide off. Choose a shower bar with a textured finish or one that is designed to be slip-resistant.
- It’s important to know the weight accommodation of the shower bar before you buy. If you mount one that cannot accommodate the weight of the person holding on to it, it could cause injuries. You can find shower bars with large pull forces, such as those that can manage 500 pounds.
- Consider the installation process and instructions. Review to make sure the hardware you need is included with the shower bar. In some cases, the materials for secure installation are sold separately. Before you purchase one, you’ll also want to make sure there is a wall stud in your bathroom which you can mount the bar on.
- If the aesthetics of the bar are important, look for one that has a concealed mount, so you don’t need to look at any screw holes or mounting hardware.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide