Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder Supplement
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collagen Peptide Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collagen Peptide Powder you should buy.
Editor's Note November 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Collagen Peptide Powder for a detailed review of all the top collagen peptide powders.
In addition to hair and nail support, this collagen peptide powder helps promote healthy bones and joints for an active lifestyle. You won't find any sugar in this formula, so it won't interfere with your current diet plan. What you will find are eight essential amino acids and 90 milligrams of vitamin C.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Vital Proteins Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder Supplement placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
logo What Is Collagen? Collagen is the body’s most abundant protein. It helps give structure to skin, hair, tendons, cartilage, bones and joints. How Do I Use Collagen? Our Collagen Peptides is easily the most versatile offering we have in our lineup, as it dissolves easily into hot and cold liquids and has no distinguishable flavor. One of the most popular ways Vital Proteins fans use the OG collagen powder is by scooping and stirring it into their morning coffee. Other ways to use our collagen include adding it to smoothies, salad dressings, soups and pasta sauce. When Should I Start Taking It? While there is no preferred age to start taking collagen, it is important to note that our body’s natural collagen production begins to decline by about 1-2% around the age of 25. As for the best time in the day to take collagen, there is also no preferred time to take your daily serving of collagen. It can be taken in the morning, afternoon or in the evening. Happy scooping! Is It Possible to Take Too Much Collagen? As is the case with all our products, we recommend following our suggested serving size, which is 1-2 scoops. If you’re thinking of going above that, we recommend consulting your licensed healthcare professional. Can You Use Collagen for Weight Loss? Like any protein, our Collagen Peptides may promote satiety (a feeling of fullness) and can easily be added to any beverage, like coffee or post-workout shakes. We advise using this product as a food supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction. We also recommend discussing your health goals with your licensed healthcare professional. They can best provide you with the diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition and assist you as well in deciding whether a dietary supplement will be a helpful addition to your regimen. Is Collagen Hydrolyzed? To put it simply: Yes, our collagen is hydrolyzed. In this process, protein (more specifically, its amino acids) has been broken down into smaller units, making collagen more easily digestible for humans because we wouldn’t be able to absorb the nutrients if we just ate cow hides or bones. Hydrolyzed collagen is soluble in both hot and cold liquids. They are easy to mix into coffee, smoothies or even water. **These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. HOW TO USE COLLAGEN Collagen peptides Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are easily digested and soluble in cold or hot liquids. Just one to two times per day, adding a scoop of Collagen Peptides to food or beverages gives you the vitamin boost you need to support healthy hair, skin, and nails, bone and joint health, digestion, muscle recovery, and more**. Use collagen for a variety of recipes: Stir into water, fruit juice, or other beverages Add to smoothies as protein booster Mix with oatmeal, soups, or sauces Add into recipes for entrees or desserts Easy to use! The Collagen Peptides mix well in hot or cold liquids, making them an easy addition to whatever your diet might be collagen powder KEY FEATURES & ATTRIBUTES collagen powder Collagen is one of the most nutrient-rich proteins in the human body. Supplementing with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides offers: 20g collagen per serving Grass-fed, Pasture Raised 0g sugar per serving 1 simple ingredient Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo Friendly, Whole30 Approved, Kosher Flavorless, Odorless Versatile
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collagen Peptide Powders
Collagen is an important protein found within the human body. It has a host of benefits and can be found in many different parts of the body, including your muscles, skin, tendons, bones and blood vessels. It’s also essential for good digestive health. If you’re on the hunt for the best collagen peptide powder, read this helpful guide before you buy.
Examine the collagen peptide powder supplement’s product label to determine its quality. For example, some powders have a lab test verification, a good manufacturing practice certification and a grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle stamp to show the cattle were never given antibiotics or hormones. The Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder is third-party certified and non-GMO verified.
Make sure the collagen powder works with your current diet. Unfortunately, most collagen powders are derived from bovine sources, which means they aren’t vegan or vegetarian-friendly. The New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder, however, does work with paleo diets and it’s certified kosher. Individuals following a gluten-free diet can also use this brand, as well as anyone who’s staying away from GMOs and products that have been exposed to pesticides.
Check to see if the powder is flavored, as this may affect the taste of the drink or dish you add it to. The Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder is unflavored and will dissolve in both cold and hot beverages. It’s also free of sugar, so it won’t sweeten your smoothies or beverages or interfere with your current diet plan. If you don’t want to add the powder to a drink, you can mix it in with a side dish instead, like mashed potatoes or applesauce.
Look for any extra nutrition that the collagen supplement may have to offer. Other brands have included vitamin C in their formulas, which is excellent for boosting your immunity during cold and flu season. You’ll even find a few companies use a digestive enzyme blend in their collagen powders to aid in breaking down the powder so it can be quickly absorbed by the body.
The Collagen Peptide Powder Buying Guide
- Always review the collagen peptide powder supplement label, as some may contain eggs, shellfish or nuts that could cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Some collagen supplements state that you must wait up to two months to see results. This means you may need to purchase the supplement more than once before you can definitively say that it does or does not work.
- Not all of the collagen peptide powders dissolve easily in cold drinks. You’ll need to use hot liquids, like coffee or tea, to break up the powder for consumption. If you prefer a cold drink, you can always add ice cubes to cool your drink down after you’ve dissolved the powder.
- Always store the collagen peptide powder in a cool dry location. Moisture-rich environments may cause the powder to clump or spoil before the expiration date listed on the product label.
- Place the collagen supplement up high if you have children or pets in the home. Even though the product is all-natural, it may still be harmful if not taken properly.
- Make an appointment with your family physician to review the collagen peptide powder nutrition and ingredient label to ensure it is safe for you to take. This is especially important if you take any other medications that may interact negatively with the supplement.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will also need to consult with their OB/GYN before taking a collagen peptide powder.
- Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the federal government, so the health claims made by the manufacturer may not have been tested.
- Consider supporting a collagen manufacturer that gives back. For example, one company donates a portion of each sale to the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. This organization supplies important nutrients to mothers and children in need.
- As you review the price for collagen peptide supplements, you need to determine the cost per serving. To do this, simply divide the price of the product by the number of servings.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide