Virtee Cushion Squat & Barbell Pad
Last updated date: May 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Barbell Pad for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Virtee Cushion Squat & Barbell Pad placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Advanced Squat Pad provided by Virtee is an is ideal for men and women because it will help protect your shoulders and neck during lifting progressively heavy weights ,squats, hip thrusts and lunges. Features of Weight Lifting Sponge Including: Enough length and diameter, effectively protect the neck and shoulders. 2 velcro straps keeps squat pad in place & prevent slip off. Right level of 1.2 thick padding ,soft for comfort but also feel sturdy. Groove part in the middle of the gym pad helps position the bar perfectly on your back. Anti-slip matte surface to reduce the risk of slippage. Thick padding to provide cushioning, reduce pain and pressure on your shoulders and neck. Lightweight and portable pad is designed to store in your gym bag or locker for on-the-go or at home use.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you’ve just started lifting weights, have been doing it for years or are somewhere in between, you know that there is a certain amount of discomfort that comes from holding the barbell. Whether you’re doing squats or hip thrusts, the friction from the bar against your body can cause chafing or pain. Having some padding between your body and the barbell can make the workout more comfortable so you can focus on getting stronger.
Barbell pads are designed to provide a protective barrier between your body and the barbell itself. It’s kind of like a foam pillow that goes around the barbell in the area where the bar rests against your body. Barbell pads are soft and comfortable, in addition to being cushiony. They don’t restrict your range of movement in any way when you’re working out, in addition to inhibiting any type of action. Instead, barbell pads help you use the equipment more often and for longer because you’re not uncomfortable while you’re working out.
The most important thing to look for when getting a barbell pad is comfort. It’s important that the material feels good against your skin so that you’re not focused on the feeling of the barbell touching your body. If the barbell pad is hard, itchy or rough, you may be distracted by those feelings and lose concentration.
Another important factor is fit. The barbell pad needs to fit the barbell you’re using as well as be the right size for your body and shape. You don’t want a pad that’s too long as it may interfere with your hand placement. Similarly, a barbell pad that is too short may not offer you the comfort you need when working out.
The Buying Guide
- When choosing a barbell pad, the type of material it’s made from is an important buying factor. Go for materials that are highly durable and won’t tear after a few uses. A good option is high-quality, high-density thick foam or rubber. This type of material can absorb shocks in order to increase comfort and reduce injury, without falling apart after a few sets.
- How do you attach a barbell pad to the barbell? Go with a pad that doesn’t have any straps involved, as that can be difficult to put on and take off. Instead, a quick-slip design is an easy and fast option so you can just open up the notch in the pad and slip it onto the barbell. In this case, there are no fasteners involved.
- Some barbell pads are designed specifically for a certain type of exercise, while others are more versatile and can be used for a number of workouts. Typically, people use barbell pads for hip thrusts, squats, lunges and similar exercises while lifting weights.
- When working out, you’re bound to get sweaty. In order to avoid the barbell pad from absorbing sweat from your body – which can lead to foul odor coming from the bar – opt to get a barbell pad that doesn’t absorb moisture. Pads that keep the moisture on the surface, rather absorbing it, won’t becoming smelly. To clean off the sweat, you just have to wipe it off with a towel.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide