VIRIDI Lightweight Easy Install Portable Door Lock
Last updated date: March 2, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Door Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Door Lock you should buy.
Update as March 2, 2023:
Checkout The Best Portable Door Lock for a detailed review of all the top portable door locks.
Never travel without this portable door lock. It fits neatly in any carry on and can be installed on any Airbnb, hotel or apartment rental door. The lock is strong and durable and can be installed or removed in just a few seconds.
In our analysis, the VIRIDI VIRIDI Lightweight Easy Install Portable Door Lock placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Super Easy to Install — Portable door locks need no drilling or screwing. As thin as an envelope, this compact portable door locks latch can be easily installed or removed in mere seconds, making it a must-have security and privacy tool while traveling. The metal plate has a hole clip it onto the strike plate while the door is open.Then closed the door, making sure the latch engages. Taking the red key, the metal knob on it’s pushed through a corresponding hold on the plate.Then finish lock. Lightweight and Small — VIRIDI Portable door lock come with a nice pouch bag that you can carry it anywhere you want, the iron piece is just 5.12×1.6×0.45 inches, the length of the chain is not more than 4.7 inches, and door security locks weighs 4.2 ounces. It can be slipped into most pants pockets at this size, or into a purse without taking up too much room. As easy to disengage as it is to install, our portable door lock is certainly a great choice for the best portable door lock. Strength and Durability — Interior door lock entire system is constructed from stainless steel and molded plastic. Don’t mistake its small size for its strength,though. Home security portable door lock is made with solid stainless steel and holds a heavy-duty strength. As you lock the door, nothing will be able to break in, let it be heavy slam or a strong push. As for durability, this door lock is made of thick stainless steel, anti-rust and anti-corrosion feature back it up against rust. Effective with Doors That Open Inward — The only requirement for the lock to work is a door that has hinges and opens inwards. A little additional security can bring a lot of peace of mind especially for the frequent traveler. Our inside portable door security lock gives you additional safety, security and privacy! It is a portable industrial strength door safety device that prevents your doors from unnecessary intrusion. You can easily get all the security you crave whether at home or away. Widely Used Door Locks— Needed a privacy on that place that doesn’t have any lock? Sick of being barged in on while in a bathroom with no lock? Kids barging in your bedroom door? Needed an easy to install lock plus you can bring it anywhere? This Portable Door Lock for security might be the answer to all those questions! Making your house and rooms safe from force entry. You don’t have to worry about spending a fortune on it, portable door blocker security lock is very cheap and affordable.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Door Locks
If you’ve ever worried about the strength of the locks in your hotel room, you know the benefits a travel lock can bring. In fact, with more people staying in vacation rental homes than ever, portable security locks have gained attention in recent years. You don’t know who has access to your vacation home when you’re staying there, so an extra lock can provide protection against previous guests who still have the keycode.
A secondary lock should be small enough to slide into the pocket of a purse or suitcase without weighing you down or getting in the way. But it should also be sturdy enough to provide the security you need, use after use. Hopefully, you’ll never have to test its strength in a real break-in situation, but you’ll want the security of knowing it will work if necessary.
For best results, look at the materials used to put the security device together. It should be made of heavy-duty materials like steel. Any secondary pieces should easily hold up. Some security locks are built to slide over the strike plate, while others are more of a doorstop, sliding under the bottom of the door to keep it from budging.
With the type of lock that fits over the strike plate, the key is to fit over the existing setup without damaging it. These devices can vary in how they work, but usually, you can put them in place in a matter of seconds. You may need to follow the instructions the first couple of times but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it’s easy.
Before you buy a portable door lock, check the door specifications. Many of them only work with a door that opens inward. These locks are designed for hinged doors, too. If you have a sliding door, you’ll need a different kind of security lock.
The Portable Door Lock Buying Guide
- If you’re buying a portable door lock for use in vacation homes and hotel rooms, make sure the design won’t damage the door.
- Although you can easily tuck your portable door lock into a pocket, having a storage pouch can be useful. If your lock doesn’t come with one, consider purchasing one separately.
- With some portable door locks, the red handle is everything. This is the piece that blocks the door when someone tries to open it. Look for a handle that’s thick and solid and can withstand great force.
- Some portable door locks come with a built-in alarm. If someone tries to open the door, the alarm makes an ear-piercing noise. It’s not connected to emergency personnel, but it could be enough to scare someone away.
- Before you slide the lock into place, look carefully at any instructions. Some will let you test it before you install it.
- You may want to test the lock to make sure it’s secure after it’s installed. Have someone stand outside the door and try to open it.
- Although portable door locks are great for traveling, if you’re looking for something for a longer-term residence, like an apartment or dorm room, it might be worth investing in a deadbolt lock. If one isn’t provided, check with your landlord or dorm advisor to ask if it’s okay to install such a thing.
- How the device behaves when it’s removed is important, as well. You’ll want a lock that doesn’t break into multiple pieces as soon as you extract it from the door.
- For hotel rooms, doorstop-style locks work well. They can handle a wide range of door stops and will easily store in your luggage or carry-on bag.
- Try to avoid leaving valuables in your rental house or hotel room when you’re out. You won’t have your extra security lock to protect everything. You may want to use the hotel room’s safe or bring your own if you’re staying in a rental house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide