Vine Creations Waterproof Leather Desk Pad
Last updated date: August 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Desk Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Desk Pad you should buy.
If you want a desk pad with a classic leather look, you can find this product in brown and black colors of artificial leather along with blue and purple options. You get excellent protection and three choices of sizes. In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Vine Creations Vine Creations Waterproof Leather Desk Pad placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Desk Pad for a detailed review of all the top desk pads.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Maximum protection for your desk. Easy to clean PU Leather, No unpleasant Leather Smells. Provides a stylish, modern, and professional look to your desk. Vine Creations desk mouse pad will help you to keep your desktop organize and clean. Reversible Pad for your preference. Dual texture pad designed to work both ways. VineCreations 2 in 1 desk blotter. Would you like to minimize the fatigue of your arms as you work, type or write? Vine Creations Leather desk pad will help you boost your work productivity. Waterproof and Oil-proof heavy duty material to protect from any stains, spills, scratches or watermarks! Protects glass, wood, or plastic desks. Perfect gift choice for your family, co-worker, boss, specially for men and woman that want to be organized. Smooth pad that allows your mouse to glide easily. Designed to work with optical and laser mouse. Perfect for writing effortlessly. Wide surface area, 36” x 20”, plenty of space for your Laptop, keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, and journal.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Desk Pads
Desk pads can provide a small or large covering that helps protect your desk’s surface from scratches, spills and wear. They also work well for giving you a smoother surface where you can write or draw and can eliminate the need for accessories like a mouse pad.
Before buying a desk pad, think about the main purpose so that you can decide the size and features that fit your needs. For example, you may plan to use your pad mainly for writing or drawing, or you may need a place for your laptop, desktop or tablet.
Depending on the brand, desk mats can come in several sizes that range from as small as the size of a laptop to as large as an entire desk. Smaller sizes will work best for laptop users who just need a little extra space for a mouse, phone or tablet. Desktop users should consider the largest mats that can hold a keyboard, mouse, drawing tablet and other accessories.
Most often, desk mats come in genuine and artificial leather materials as well as plastic. While artificial leather can provide a premium look and offer long-lasting durability, some users may not like the leather smell or high price and seek an alternative. Artificial leather desk mats come at a more affordable price, don’t have the leather smell and still have a similar appearance.
You can find desk mats in traditional colors like black, white and brown to fit into any office or home setting. You can also find bolder choices such as blue, green, silver and pink for a more casual look. Some brands like EMINTA and Dwelling With Pride use a different color on each side to give you versatility.
Lastly, you’ll want to look at the level of protection the desk mat offers. You’ll most often find choices that don’t get damaged by water or heat while some offer oil resistance too. At the least, you can expect a good level of stain and scratch protection.
DWYM Fun Fact
Before the 1960s, the main purpose of a desk mat was to offer a good writing surface for people using fountain pens. Since writing on a direct wooden surface led to bumpy writing and fatigue, people sought a desk mat that would provide a flat, smooth surface for more comfortable writing.
The company JKS Marketing came up with the idea of a desk mat that could offer a dual purpose for both writing and protecting the desk’s surface. These first desk pads were made of fine leather and mainly intended for company use.
Thanks to these early developments, now you can find desk mats in a variety of materials, colors and prices for use in any setting.
The Desk Pad Buying Guide
- If you feel unsure about the right size of desk mat you need, it helps to place your computer and other accessories together on your desk in the position you usually have them. Tape a tape measure and measure how long and deep of a space you need. Leaving a few inches of space for flexibility, choose the desk mat size that most closely matches those measurements.
- Desktop computer users have some flexibility in how they use their desk mats. If you have an all-in-one system or thin monitor, you could potentially place this device on the mat itself and still have room for your peripherals like your mouse and keyboard. You could also place the computer on the desk itself and use that extra space on the mat for things like your phone, drawing tablet or pen and paper.
- To avoid buying a desk mat that doesn’t provide enough grip and causes frustration when you write or use your devices, make sure the chosen brand mentions an anti-grip surface on the bottom of the pad. Since some desk pads let you use either side, check that both sides offer slip resistance for these types of products.
- Since your desk mat will get dirty over time, be sure to clean it based on the material. If you have a genuine leather desk mat, you’ll need to use a special leather cleanser and potentially follow up with a leather conditioner for the best results. Plastic and artificial leather desk mats are easier to clean since you can simply wipe them clean with regular soap and water.
- If you plan to only use a desk pad at certain times, you can usually roll it up easily and even take it with you on the go. Some brands will feature a special loop that keeps the desk mat secured until you’re ready to use it. Keep in mind that some materials like faux leather may stay curled up and need some extra work to flatten out afterward.