Vida Picks Wire Clothespins, 40-Count
Last updated date: January 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Clothespins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Clothespin you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Clothespin for a detailed review of all the top clothespins.
These durable clothespins are made from stainless steel and can hold up to 10 lbs. They come with a cotton storage bag so you can easily locate your pins when you need them. They will not deteriorate from moisture like some wooden clothespins.
In our analysis, the Vida Picks Vida Picks Wire Clothespins, 40-Count placed 7th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Stainless steel metal Clothespins: 40Pack. Do you still use wood clips or plastic coated binder clips? If you are tired of wood or plastic clothes pins that popped apart, you need to try our stainless steel clothes pins (Chip Clips), we guarantee that they will firmly clasp onto whatever they're holding. The wooden or plastic clothes clips do not work well, they break and don’t hold the clothing in place, our clothespins are much better, they hold the clothing to the line perfectly and they last forever, you also can use them to seal chip bags,classroom, frozen potato chip clips or grocery food saver package clips. Chip Clips Specifications. Dimensions:2.36 inches. Holds: Clothing, Laundry, Socks, Blankets, Towels, Underwear, Snack Bag, Picture, paper file and so on. Count:40 Pack. Material:High quality 304 stainless steel. Package Includes: 40 Pack of stainless steel laundry clips with a free heavy duty storage bag. Feature and Benefit. Anti-wind and anti-corrosion. Long-lasting and re-useful. Heavy-duty and durable. Rust-proof. A free storage bag.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Clothespins
A clothespin is a useful product in a small package. Sometimes referred to as a clothes peg, a clothespin is a type of fastener used to affix wet laundry to a clothesline to dry. While many people use a clothes dryer to get their clothes free of water, others still rely on outdoor clotheslines hung up in the backyard. A clothespin ensures that the clean laundry does not blow away in the wind.
The design of a clothespin is quite simple. Two interlocking wooden, or sometimes plastic or steel, prongs are held together by a small metallic spring. When you pinch the two prongs close together at the top, the bottom of the prongs open up with a lever action. When the prongs are open, you can slip them over the clothes on the clothesline. If you release the prongs at the top, they will then close up at the bottom, holding the clothes and clotheslines together. This creates a strong grip that’s necessary for the task at hand.
While clothespins come in handy when you’re doing your laundry, that is not the only use for them around the house. In the kitchen, clothespins can be used to securely close bags of chips, crackers, flour, sugar and other dry goods so that the food doesn’t spill out, and excess air doesn’t get in. If your trash bags often fall into the bin, you can use clothespins to pin them to the sides of the can.
Clothespins also come in handy in your garden. Use them to weigh down tablecloths on your patio table so they don’t blow up with the wind. If you want to get the new branches of your young trees to spread out, you can wedge a clothespin into the fork of the branch and trunk. This will help the branches grow farther apart.
The Clothespin Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for clothespins, be sure to check for durability, as that is one of the most important qualities. You don’t want to end up with a package of clothespins that fall apart whenever you need them. Wooden clothespins are long-lasting, and you can also find sturdy plastic and metal ones.
- When it comes to the metal spring in the middle of the clothespin, opt for a galvanized metal one that is non-rusting. That way, your clothespins will not fall apart due to rust. Check for clothespins that have heavy-duty springs so they can be used for any task you have around the home.
- The last thing you want with your clothespins is for them to slip off the materials they are holding together. Check to see if the clothespins have no-slip grip or no-slip construction. This helps ensure they stay put when closed so that the items you’ve pinned together don’t move around.
- Clothespins come in packages of varying quantities. Consider what you need to use them for around the house, and how many will do the trick. For example, if you use them for laundry, you’ll need at least a couple of dozen pins for a small load. If you’re also using them in your garden or around the house, you’ll need to add some more. Many people also make crafts out of clothespins, in which case you’ll want to opt for a large package. You can find clothespins packages of as small as 25 to as big as a couple hundred.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide