VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
Last updated date: October 2, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Humidifiers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Humidifier you should buy.
Update as August 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Humidifier for a detailed review of all the top humidifiers.
In our analysis of 135 expert reviews, the VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
VicTsing 2.2L Cool Mist Humidifier, you can work all night to bring you fresh and comfortable air in the room, kitchen, home or other place. Ideal humidity, increased comfort with adjustable mist output up to 180ml/H, you can easily control the humidity level for maximum comfort. The cool mist helps prevents dry eye, scratchy nose and throat, offer sound sleep and reduce static electricity when it's dry in the winter from the heat in the house. specifications: input: 100v-240v, 50-60 hz water tank capacity: 2.0L max mist output: >180ml/h package contents: victsing ultrasonic cool mist humidifier ×1. 1. Suggest clean the humidifier once a week, otherwise scale and dust will grow 2. Please do not add water directly into the base, otherwise, there will be no mist coming out, and the humidifier will leak on your table. 3. To prevent any unpleasant odor and promote the efficiency, please regularly clean the humidifier with citric or vinegar. 4.Please do not add essential oil into the water tank, since the essential oil will corrode the product. 5. Do not place the product on carpet. A towel which may obstruct the airflow. 6. Please keep the product away from wall at a distance about 15cm when in use 7.It's normal for the humidifier to reserve some water in the water tank to safe guard its running.
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Humidifiers
Depending on where you live or how much heat you use in the winter season, you may find that the air in your home is a bit dry. This dryness may be the cause of your chapped lips, dry throat or sinus irritations. Fortunately, you can purchase a humidifier to use in the home that will put the much-needed moisture back into the air.
Before you select a humidifier, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
Start off measuring the room in which you’d like to use the humidifier. Most units will list the size room they service (often in square feet) on the outside of the product packaging. In some cases, the box may say small, medium or large rooms.
“A good rule of thumb is to get a ‘small room’ humidifier for spaces under 300 square feet, a ‘medium room’ humidifier for 400-500 square feet, and the ‘large room’ humidifier for rooms over 500 square feet,” says our resident home improvement expert Vicki Liston. “You’ll need to adjust to a higher sized model if your ceilings are above 9 feet or if the room you are using it in isn’t well insulated.”
Next, you’ll need to determine the humidifier’s tank size. The larger the tank, the longer the unit will run before it needs to be refilled. For example, the URPOWER Oil Diffuser & Cool Mist Humidifier has a 100 ml tank that runs just 6 hours, while the Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier has a 1.5 L tank that runs 16 hours. The first unit is more suitable for an office setting, while the second is best for continuous home use.
Decide whether you’d like a humidifier that also doubles as an oil diffuser, such as the Asakuki Essential Oil Diffuser. This way, you could add a few drops of lavender essential oil for its ability to calm or orange essential oil for a boost in energy. Perhaps you’d simply like to add your favorite essential oil to create a pleasant aroma to the room.
Check the humidifier you’re interested in to see if it has multiple settings. Most units will give you the option of running the mist in spurts (or on low) or continuously (or on high). Some also feature timers that will shut the unit off after 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours or once the water reservoir is empty.
Consider any extra benefits the humidifier has to offer. For example, the VicTsing Essential Oil Diffuser & Cool Mist Humidifier has seven different light colors, so you can choose one that matches the decor in the room you’re using it in. Even better, once you select the color you’d like, you can put it on dim or bright.
The Humidifier Buying Guide
- You can measure the amount of humidity in your home with a hydrometer. Your goal is to keep humidity levels between 40 and 50%.
- Never use tap water to fill your humidifier. “Using distilled or purified water instead of tap water will substantially cut down on the amount of mineral deposits left behind,” says home improvement maven Liston.
- Check the type of material that the humidifier’s water reservoir is made out of. You want it to be BPA-free, so that no toxins are released into the water and then into the air that you breathe.
- Mold and bacteria can grow inside a humidifier, which is why it is so important that you clean the device regularly. Since humidifiers are not dishwasher safe, you’ll need to clean them by hand. Mix water and white distilled vinegar together inside the humidifier’s water tank. Run the unit for a few minutes and then empty the water reservoir. Wipe down the inside of the tank with either a cotton ball or swab that has been soaked in vinegar. Rinse the tank with water afterward to make sure you remove all traces of vinegar. You can set the unit aside to air dry or wipe it down with a lint-free cloth.
- Not all units run quietly. However, a little white noise may actually help you focus while working or sleep a little more soundly at bedtime.
- When reviewing humidifier prices, you’ll need to take into consideration the number or features the unit comes with, as well as how long of a running time it has. The URPOWER Oil Diffuser & Cool Mist Humidifier is on the lower end, as it is more basic and has a short running time. The VicTsing Essential Oil Diffuser & Cool Mist Humidifier and the Asakuki Essential Oil Diffuser are slightly more, thanks to longer running times and extra settings. You’ll find the Pure Enrichment Cool Mist Humidifier at the top of the range, as it has the power to run for as long as 16 hours.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide