VersionTECH. Noise-Cancellation Padded Gaming Headset
Last updated date: May 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Gaming Headsets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gaming Headset you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Gaming Headset for a detailed review of all the top gaming headsets.
In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the VersionTECH. Noise-Cancellation Padded Gaming Headset placed 9th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
VersionTECH. gaming headset is compatible with New Xbox One, PS4 controller, PC and any other 3.5mm devices. The stunning appearance, humanized design, reliable quality and durable quality make it the best choice for every gamer.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Tech writer for Digital Addicts, avid PC/console gamer
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Gaming Headsets
Gaming has come a long way in recent years. You’re not only playing while watching on a screen, but it’s a fully immersive experience in which you experience the sounds and sensations through headphones and your controller. But to truly get the most out of the experience, you need all the right hardware, including a headset that helps you shut out the world around you.
When you’re looking for a gaming headset, it’s important to note that you’re buying more than just a pair of headphones. Although typical headphone features like sound, comfort and noise cancellation are important, you’ll also need to be able to provide good audio as well. The microphone’s quality, as well as its position, are important. You’ll also need to consider compatibility, especially if you plan to play using a gaming console rather than a computer.
When it comes to sound, though, what you hear through the headphones is only part of it. If you game in noisy environments, you’ll also want to make sure your gaming headset features noise cancellation capabilities. You don’t want to be pulled out of your game by a passing emergency vehicle or a roommate watching the big game.
You really want to make sure your headset is comfortable, particularly if you plan to spend hours gaming, says Doug Brennan, who’s been a gamer for the past 20 years and a writer for the blog Digital Addicts.
It’s important that they don’t fit too tightly and that the earpieces have plenty of cushioning. Comfort can differ from one person to another, but there are some gaming headsets that are known for being more comfortable than others.
You’ll also want to turn your attention toward sound staging, which gives you audio-directional cues while you’re playing. In other words, Brennan says, the right headset can make you a better player because you’ll know exactly where a noise is coming from. “You can’t always see where opponents are, but you can still hear their actions which can give you the advantage,” he says.
For those long gaming sessions, battery life also matters. If your headset dies midway through a game, you’ll have to wait for it to recharge. Look around for a gaming headset with a battery life that will get you through each session before you have to put it back on the charger.
The Gaming Headset Buying Guide
- The first feature you’ll likely research when headset shopping is sound. Look for a gaming headset that uses 7.1 Dolby Surround and that has seven audio channels for impressive audio clarity.
- Outside noise elimination is even more important in a gaming headset than a standard set of headphones. If you really want to eliminate distractions and focus, consider a headset that does a good job of muting the world around you.
- Sometimes it’s not about the sound you’re blocking, but the noise you’re emitting.
- Within seconds of hitting the next level of your favorite game, your headset dies, totally throwing off your game. To keep that from happening, you’ll need a headset with enough battery life to get you through even your longest gaming session. Top in this category are headsets which offer up to 30 hours of battery life before needing a charge. To achieve that time, though, you’ll need to turn LED mode off. You’ll get a full 10 hours of battery life from certain headsets, so make sure you check this before purchasing.
- Unless you’re on a strict budget, your headset will cost between $100 and $300. However, those looking to pay a fraction of the price can budget-friendly options for well under $50. Headsets on the higher end of the price spectrum, retailing for more than $200, often have great audio quality and long battery life that make them worth it for the most passionate gamers.
- For those long gaming sessions, you’ll need a headset that doesn’t irritate your ears. Part of that is finding a headset that’s lightweight. In fact, there are headsets as light as 11 ounces.
- Cushioning also makes a difference, even in heavier headsets. Look for a model that features leather cushioning on both the earpads and headband to keep you comfortable.
- Listening to audio is only part of the gaming experience. For a good gaming headset, you’ll need a reliable microphone, as well. A noise-canceling microphone that provides crisp sound is best.
- Wires can get in the way when you’re gaming. You may wish to opt for a wireless headset, which provides more freedom of movement.
- As convenient as going wireless can be, though, latency can be a problem, so it’s important to make sure your sound won’t lag while you’re gaming.
- Compatibility is essential if you want to go beyond playing games on a computer. Some headsets only works with a PC or Mac, but others work with an Xbox, thanks to an included adaptor.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide