Velmia Trekking Bike Bike Saddle
Last updated date: October 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bike Saddles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bike Saddle you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bike Saddle for a detailed review of all the top bike saddles.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Velmia Trekking Bike Bike Saddle placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High-Quality Memory Foam. The shape memory polymer of the seat for men and women shows a special memory effect. This provides an absolutely comfortable seat on normal bikes and also on e-bikes! Functional Air Ventilation. The particular slot of the unisex bike seat ensures a constantly air circulation – as a result unpleasant sweating in your private areas is from now on off the cards! Hundred Percent Waterproof. The Velmia saddle offers with a width of 7.3 inches not only the absolutely perfect fit, but is on account of the additional welded seams completely waterproof! Made For Your Riding Position. There are three specific models of the bicycle saddle, so you can choose your Velmia bike seat depending on your individual riding position and riding style! Customer-Oriented Start-Up. Velmia tenders an English-speaking customer service and delivers the needed saddle clamp and an illustrated instruction for your easiest mounting ever!
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bike Saddles
Picking the perfect bike saddle can be daunting, because every cyclist has different needs. There are two main shapes of bike saddle: performance saddles are long and narrow to help avoid thigh chafing and improve speed and control. They are best suited for biking over long distances or uneven terrain. Cushioning saddles typically have a shorter nose and a wide base with lots of padding. They prioritize comfort and shock absorption, and they’re a great choice for recreational cycling.
Your body type and posture will also affect the best choice of saddle for you. When a bike saddle is advertised as being for women, what’s typically meant is that the saddle is ideal for a person with wider spacing between sit bones. Cyclists with a wider sit-bone spacing or cyclists who sit upright or lean forward only slightly find saddles with a wide base a good fit.
If you have a narrower pelvis and cycle while leaning far forward or even standing, a performance bike saddle can be the better choice. Some bike saddles come with hollow vents in the middle, which increase ventilation and can ease pressure on the soft tissue in the perineal area.
Bike saddles typically feature gel or foam cushioning. You can also get a bike saddle with no cushioning, which takes longer to break in but stays cooler than gel or foam. Gel cushioning provides the most comfort for casual cycling, but it won’t keep its shape as long as foam cushioning will. Foam cushioning provides long-lasting support and is available in a range of firmness, with soft foam providing more comfort and firm foam more durability.
The Bike Saddle Buying Guide
- Remember that you’re not stuck with the saddle that comes with your bike. Investing in a comfortable, durable bike saddle is a great way to upgrade a budget bicycle and improve your overall cycling experience.
- Upper or lower back pain after bike rides can be a good sign that you need to look for a different bike saddle.
- Your perfect saddle depends on your body and cycling habits: Core strength, posture, where you cycle, pelvis width and soft tissue distribution all factor into your specific needs for a bike saddle.
- When you’re in the market for a new bike saddle, it can be a good idea to stop by a local bike shop. They’ll often let you try out different saddles before purchasing.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide