Velesco Silicone Baking Mat
Last updated date: November 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Silicone Baking Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Silicone Baking Mat you should buy.
Editor's Note November 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Silicone Baking Mat for a detailed review of all the top silicone baking mats.
Safety-conscious consumers care about chemicals like BPA and PFOA, which makes this silicone baking mat's FDA approval attractive. Not only will you get chemical-free foods, but you can also use this mat for kneading and rolling as well as baking. The build of this mat keeps food from sinking into crevices, making for fuss-free cleanup.
In our analysis of 165 expert reviews, the Velesco Velesco Silicone Baking Mat placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
VELESCO PREMIUM SILICONE BAKING MATS Velesco Premium Silicone Baking Mat is designed with top quality food grade silicone. Its quality rivals much more expensive european made brands without high price tag. Our company works hard with suppliers to deliver top shelf products without any gimmicky components that drive costs up to deliver premium product at rock bottom price. Our kitchen tools make cooking both easy and enjoyable experience, last a long time, and covered by our highly regarded customer support. We always listen to our customers and as such, we carry a huge range of silicone baking mats ranging from small 8x11" toaster oven mats all the way to full sheet commercial baking mats used in professional bakeries. STOP EATING TONS OF CHOLESTEROL, SATURATED FAT & CANCEROGENIC SUBSTANCES PRODUCED BY COOKING OILS SUBJECTED TO HIGH TEMPERATURES! Instead of lubricating your baking sheet with oil & fat, make it nonstick with Velesco Silicone Baking Mat! Not only does it eliminate potentially dangerous elements from your diet, but it also makes your life a bit easier and more enjoyable. Because once you finish baking, all you need to do is to rinse the mat in warm soapy water, roll it up & store. And most of the time, you don't even have to wash your sheet. IT'S ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! Save on cooking oils & fat! Stop buying miles of parchment paper! And save on baking sheets & pans! The only reason why you trash them prematurely is because over time, they get damaged by burnt sugar & fat, as well as by abrasive cleaning products. Our silicone baking mats keep all the nasty stuff away from your baking sheets & pans causing them to last much longer. HERE IS WHY PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE MATS - 100% Non-Stick & Easy-To-Clean - Thick & Large - Perfect Fit for Standard Oven - Multi-Purpose - Baking, Kneading, Rolling & Freezing - Durable & Long Lasting - Good for Thousands of Uses - Perfect, Consistent Results Every Time You Bake - Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher & Freezer Safe - Food Safe, Non-Toxic, Hypoallergenic & Healthy - Non-Toxic & Fully Recyclable - Saves Space when Rolled - Beaufitul gift packaging designed in Canada. WE ALSO CARRY THOSE MATS: Large Pastry Mats ranging from 15x23" all the way to Full Sheet Size Commercial Mats! Those come with special Non Skid silicone on a bottom part so you can easily use it as a kneading surface and great and super useful conversion tables carefully assembled and designed by us for your convinience. Smaller mats designed to fit 11x8" pans and Square 11" mats designed to fit 12" pans commonly used in Breville toaster ovens. Full Line of Macaron Mats designed togather with professional french trained chef Bruno Albouze. Those come in Half Sheet, 2/3 sheet amd Full Sheet sizes and come with patern designed to maximize space on mat and give you 3 different sizes of macarons to work with.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Silicone Baking Mats
Baking requires a variety of accessories for success. You’ll need either parchment paper or aluminum foil, or you’ll have to use cooking spray or oils. Otherwise, your food will stick to the pan at worst and cook unevenly at best.
Enter the silicone baking mat. This cooking tool tends to be something you don’t even know you need until you have one. Simply spread one of these mats across your baking sheet and enjoy even, nonstick baking. Some mats are even built to use without a baking sheet, letting you place them directly on the oven rack.
What are the benefits of a silicone baking mat? The first is that you’ll save money on cooking sprays, oils or nonstick papers, and you’ll avoid the extra calories that come from oils and cooking sprays. You also won’t be disposing of one-time-use parchment paper or aluminum foil. A baking mat’s reusability makes it an environmentally friendly solution.
There are several things to consider when buying a silicone baking mat, whether you’re choosing one for yourself or to give as a gift. One of the most important is the evenness of cooking. The right mat distributes heat evenly throughout the baking process, preventing burning and ensuring delicious taste in every bite. You’ll also need a nonstick surface to prevent your treats from sticking to the pan and tearing when you try to remove them.
Nonstick surfaces also mean easier cleanup. Simply remove the mat and wipe it down with soapy water, then rinse. Some mats allow you to wash them on the top rack of your dishwasher, but the size of the mat can make it tough to squeeze in. To be safe, it’s best to plan on handwashing your baking mat after each use.
Another thing to check before using your mat is its temperature tolerance. Baking mats are built to withstand typical baking temperatures, but if you’re baking at heat levels above 450 degrees, make sure your mat is built for it. Some mats can also be used in the microwave and the freezer, broadening the possibilities.
The Silicone Baking Mat Buying Guide
- Even heat distribution is essential in a baking mat. Look for a mat built with food-grade silicone and reinforced with fiberglass mesh, which transfers food effortlessly while also providing a nonstick surface.
- Cleanup is a big consideration with baking mats. The GRIDMANN Half Sheet Silicone Baking Mat, 2-Pack is the easiest to clean, thanks to the fact that you can wash it in the dishwasher on the top rack. However, fitting it into that space might be challenging. You can simply wash your mat with soap and warm water, then set it on the counter to dry. You’ll follow a similar handwashing procedure with the Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Silpat Silicone Baking Mat and Artisan Silicone Baking Mat.
- One great thing about the build of the Velesco Silicone Baking Mat is that it doesn’t allow food to fall into the crevices.
- These mats are silicone, so there is a limit as to how much heat they can withstand. Some models have high heat tolerance, withstanding temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The Velesco Silicone Baking Mat is limited to 480 degrees, but this is higher than most recipes. Other models promise heat tolerance of up to 480 degrees, but your food may start to burn once you exceed 400 degrees.
- Spatulas and utensils you can use with a silicone baking mat are a bit limited, as metal may scratch it. Some mats are built to withstand metal, so you can use the silverware and spatulas you already have.
- One of the best things about certain baking mats is that you can place them directly on an oven rack, no baking sheet required. Look for this feature if it’s important to you.
- With some baking mats, you aren’t limited to oven use. You can actually use them in the microwave and freezer. The Artisan Silicone Baking Mat is built to handle temperatures all the way down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can use it in the freezer, as well as the toaster oven and microwave.
- In addition to using some silicone mats in more than one appliance, you can also use some of them to perform other types of cooking activities. The Velesco Silicone Baking Mat can help you with kneading and rolling in addition to baking. The Artisan Silicone Baking Mat can be used to knead, roll and shape dough, as well as roast meat. You can even use it to cool your food items.
- Safety is top-of-mind for many households. Look for a mat that is made from non-toxic, food-grade silicone to keep carcinogens out of your food. The Velesco Silicone Baking Mat is FDA-approved for its food safety, so you can rest easy knowing that your food will be BPA and PFOA-free. The Artisan Silicone Baking Mat is BPA and PFOA-free, as well as being manufactured in an environmentally friendly manner.
- As you’re comparing prices, make sure you keep in mind what you get in each set. Some mats are sold individually, whereas others come with two 11.6- by 16.5-inch mats. The Velesco Silicone Baking Mat and Artisan Silicone Baking Mat are also sold in pairs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide