Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3
Last updated date: March 3, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baking Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baking Mat you should buy.
Editor's Note May 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Baking Mat for a detailed review of all the top baking mats.
Place the Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3 on your countertop to roll out your dough, or use it to bake a batch of cookies in the oven. The mats are so versatile that you can even use them in the freezer to set chocolate. You won't have to worry about toxins either, as the mats have passed the FDA-approved tests.
In our analysis of 74 expert reviews, the Velesco Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3 placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
★ STOP EATING TONS OF CHOLESTEROL, SATURATED FAT & CANCEROGENIC SUBSTANCES PRODUCED BY COOKING OILS SUBJECTED TO HIGH TEMPERATURES! Instead of lubricating your baking sheet with oil & fat, make it nonstick with Velesco Silicone Baking Mat! Not only does it eliminate potentially dangerous elements from your diet, but it also makes your life a bit easier and more enjoyable. Because once you finish baking, all you need to do is to rinse the mat in warm soapy water, roll it up & store. And most of the time, you don't even have to wash your sheet. ★ IT'S ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! Save on cooking oils & fat! Stop buying miles of parchment paper! And save on baking sheets & pans! The only reason why you trash them prematurely is because over time, they get damaged by burnt sugar & fat, as well as by abrasive cleaning products. Our silicone baking mats keep all the nasty stuff away from your baking sheets & pans causing them to last much longer. ★ HERE IS WHY PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE MATS
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baking Mats
There’s nothing worse than baking a batch of cookies for your friends and family only to discover that the bottoms of the delicious desserts have stuck to the pan. You try to remove the cookies, but it becomes impossible to keep the cookies intact. An excellent solution to this problem is a set of silicone baking mats with a nonstick coating that allows cookies to just slide off the mat and onto a cooling tray.
Almost all silicone baking mats have a fiberglass center that allows foods to be heated evenly, as well as silicone-coated edges to protect the fiberglass center. It’s important that you make sure the silicone is listed as food-grade and that it doesn’t contain any BPA or other toxic materials. The Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3 meets these standards and even passed a series of FDA tests.
Check for any special awards or certifications so you know you’re buying a quality baking mat. For example, the Silpat Nonstick Silicone Baking Mat is not only FDA-certified but also NSF- and Kosher-certified.
Consider the temperature you need the baking sheet to safely operate in. Some are only safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, while others, like the AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2, can be used in ovens set as high as 480 degrees Fahrenheit. Of course, if you need a set to use in the freezer, you’ll also want to make sure the mat can handle colder temperatures.
Finally, take into consideration how many silicone baking mats you need. You can purchase a single mat or get a set instead. Make sure you check the set’s sizes. Some contain multiple mats of the same size. The Kitzini Silicone Baking Mats, Set of 3 features two mats of identical size and shape, as well as a smaller mat for less extensive jobs.
The Baking Mat Buying Guide
- While most silicone baking mats are dishwasher-safe on the top shelf, some can be too tall to fit on the top shelf of the dishwasher.
- Some reviewers comment that the silicone edges on some models split after a few uses. Always check the quality of the mat before you buy.
- Avoid using metal utensils with the baking mat, as they can scratch the mat. Plastic and wooden utensils are best for extending the life of the mat.
- Store the silicone baking mat either rolled or flat. Bending the mat can leave creases.
- Don’t use baking mats with direct fire ovens, over open flames or under a broiler.
- You’ll need to examine how many baking sheets you’re getting in each set when considering price. For example, even though the AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2 has a lower price than the Kitzini Silicone Baking Mats, Set of 3 and then Velesco Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3, it costs more when you divide the price by the number of mats in the set. You’ll find the Silpat Nonstick Silicone Baking Mat is the most expensive due to branding and its multiple certifications.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide