VELCRO Brand ONE-WRAP Light Duty Self-Fastening Cable Ties, 100-Count
Last updated date: December 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cable Ties and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cable Tie you should buy.
Update as December 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Cable Ties for a detailed review of all the top cable ties.
These Velcro cable ties are designed for indoor and outdoor use. They are strong and sturdy and can be reused to manage cables and secure other items. The ties are pre-cut and easy to fasten.
In our analysis, the VELCRO Brand VELCRO Brand ONE-WRAP Light Duty Self-Fastening Cable Ties, 100-Count placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
WIRE ORGANIZING SELF BUNDLING TIES: Get organized fast with these simple to use, self-fastening thin ties that will contain and store cords and wires quickly and safely. Secure large cords and bulky cables with ease for a neat finish. WIRE AND CORD MANAGEMENT: These bundling ties are ideal fasteners for cord organization, wire management, and securing loose or extra-long cords out of the way to eliminate tripping hazards. STRONG AND REUSABLE: Strong, trusted, and used by data and network centers across the globe. These fasteners can be easily reused and repositioned. Allows convenient access when arranging computer, appliances and electronic wires. PRE-CUT AND EASY TO USE: These pre-cut ties stay firmly in place with an easy to use slotted head; simply insert the rounded end through the hole and pull the strap tight; it firmly wraps onto itself for a secure hold. INDOOR OR OURDOOR USE: With multi-use options for the home, shed, garage or office, these thin ties can safely be used indoors or outdoors for your organizing and storage needs.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cable Ties
Cable ties were first created in 1958 as a solution for securing wiring bundles in aircrafts. They have come a long way since then, and are certainly not just used in the aircraft industry. Instead, there are hundreds of different uses for cable ties in the home, office, garage, factory and other places.
Cable ties are highly durable and versatile. While they can be used to secure bundles of wiring, they can also be used to secure other things, such as doors on truck trailers to prevent tampering, or items around your house. The possibilities are endless.
A cable tie consists of two key elements: a strong strap and a ratcheting lever. The lever is on the head of the strap and locks into a one-way position on the strap itself. This secures whatever the cable tie is holding in place and ensures that it cannot move unless the tie is cut off or properly removed.
There are many different types of cable ties available with variations of strength, going from light duty to heavy duty. When choosing cable ties, it’s important to match the strength you need with the task at hand, otherwise the ties may not work as needed.
Standard nylon cable ties are the most common variety. They can be either light duty or heavy duty depending on the variety you get. Black is the most common color as this also provides some UV resistance, making them ideal for outdoor use. If you need heavy-duty cable ties that can withstand high heat, opt for stainless steel cable ties. These are often used in the automotive industry. Aluminum cable ties are highly durable, lightweight and can withstand hot or cold temperatures. This makes them ideal for challenging outdoor environments.
The Cable Tie Buying Guide
- Some cable ties are not meant to be reused. It’s important to check whether you have reusable ones before putting them into action a second time. Reusable cable ties are designed so that they do not lose strength when they are released, while non-reusable ties typically do lose some strength with each use.
- If you plan to use cable ties outdoors, it’s important to ensure they are UV resistant. If not, the rays from the sun could affect the integrity of the material of the cable tie, resulting in it breaking or snapping. Typically, cable ties that are UV resistant are black in color.
- Cable ties come in a range of quantities. Consider how many you will need. You can find them in packages of 100 or even up to 500 units.
- Depending on the things you want to secure with cable ties, having different colors can be helpful. While the majority of cable ties are black, you can also find them in different colors like green, blue, yellow and red. You can use certain colors to signify characteristics of the items you’re securing so there is a quick and easy-to-understand visual cue that tells you what you need to know.
- How will you store the cable ties? While some may fit back into their original packaging, that isn’t always the case. It’s best to grab a transparent zip-top bag or container and keep your zip ties in there so they don’t go all over your space. You can label the bag or box with the type of cable tie and quantity.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide