VELAZZIO Adjustable Venting Adult Ski Helmet
Last updated date: November 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adult Ski Helmets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adult Ski Helmet you should buy.
Update as November 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Adult Ski Helmet for a detailed review of all the top adult ski helmets.
Your safety is of the utmost importance, which is why this adult ski helmet is constructed from a high-quality ABS material and outfitted with a premium EPS foam. The helmet is fully adjustable, so you're sure to get a custom fit. Finally, the fleece inner lining is removable and washable, so you can count on the helmet remaining clean and fresh season after season.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the VELAZZIO Adjustable Venting Adult Ski Helmet placed 5th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Safety First. Combination of premium EPS foam (made in USA) and high-impact ABS shell provides more durable protection again everyday knocks, abrasions and falls. ASTM F 2040 and CE EN 1077 certified. Stay Comfortable. Dial-button at the back customizes your fit and adjustable climate control offers all day comfort regardless of weather conditions. Plush-padded fleece lining is easily removable to wash and free of sweat or unpleasant odor. Audio Compatible Ear Pads. Earphone space is designed within the ear pads so you can enjoy your favorite music while shredding the mountain (earphones NOT included). NOTE: Assembly required for the ear pads. Please insert the arrow-end of the pads inside the seam between the ABS shell and EPS foam, then snap the buttons to secure. Goggles Compatible. The goggle loop on the back snaps down to hold your goggles not going anywhere even during a worst fall. WHAT YOU GET. 1 Valiant Snow Helmet, 30-day hassle free return and life time satisfaction guarantee. Got a problem? Let us know! We are always here to help.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adult Ski Helmets
In the winter months, skiing is a great physical activity where you can get some exercise while enjoying the chilly weather. However, like most sports, it’s important to keep safety in mind at all times. Skiing, whether you’re going downhill or cross-country, requires the right equipment. A helmet ensures that you are safe from head injuries while enjoying the sport.
“If you’re an avid skier or snowboarder, and you already own your own set of skis and equipment, then a ski helmet would be a great piece of equipment for you to purchase to take with you on your next ski trip,” says Stephanie Mansour, certified personal trainer, and health and wellness expert. “Adult ski helmets not only provide protection, but they also provide warmth on the slopes. There’s always the risk of a concussion or injuries when you’re skiing or snowboarding, especially if you’re going at high speeds and on difficult slopes.”
While a helmet is a smart choice, keep in mind that it does not make you invincible.
“While the helmet doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be 100% safe, it does significantly reduce the impact to your head if you do fall or land in a compromising position,” says Mansour.
There are many reasons to carefully choose the adult ski helmet for you.
“The benefits of purchasing this product are that you’ll be as safe as possible while skiing. You’ll be preventing major injuries to your head with very minimal effort: all you have to do is put the helmet on your head. This product can help reduce the effects of concussions, brain injuries, skull fractures, and cuts to the head,” reminds Mansour.
What enables a ski helmet to provide the protection you need? It depends on the way they are made.
“There are three types of helmets: half shell, full shell and full face. The half shell is the most popular, and provides protection for your entire head with soft ear pads,” explains Mansour. “Full shell helmets provide more protection around the ears and are meant for more full-speed or competitive skiers. The shell is the outer part of the helmet that will make contact during a fall.”
When you’re looking for the right adult ski helmet for you, be sure to make sure that the product is certified.
“Make sure to purchase a make and model that is certified so that you know you’re getting the best quality,” reminds Mansour. Certification “means it’s been tested and met the requirements and certified.”
While the helmet will keep your head safe during a fall, it is likely you’ll need to purchase a new one for your next run down the slopes.
“If you do fall and hit your head with the helmet, make sure to buy a new one for your next run,” says Mansour. “Most helmets are intended for single-use if they’re used to break a fall.”
This means that if your helmet has been involved during a fall, it will not be able to protect you the next time. That’s why it’s important to have it replaced right away.
The Adult Ski Helmet Buying Guide
- The most important element to consider when buying your adult ski helmet is the way it fits. This will not only ensure how safe you are during a fall or accident, but it will also keep you comfortable while skiing. “When trying on a helmet, make sure that the chin strap is fitted back against the throat and isn’t too loose,” says Mansour. “Pretend like you’re chewing food — it should fit comfortably enough so that you can chew without feeling uncomfortable.” Look for adult ski helmets that provide several adjustable features. This helps you ensure your helmet has a custom fit for your head. “For the fit, you want to make sure that the ski helmet doesn’t feel like it’s pinching you or moving around on your head. The front lid of the helmet should hit just above the eyebrows. The helmet should be snug all the way around your head,” explains Mansour.
- Some helmets have an adjustable fit with multiple sizing options. They may also include three sizes plus a tension dial on the back for a custom fit. The WildHorn Outfitters Drift Adult Snowboard & Ski Helmet comes in multiple sizes and has a buckle closure so you can adjust the strap to fit your head. Other helmets have an ErgoKnob adjustable dial, which is a simple one-handed twist dial that tightens and loosens the framework built into the helmet for a custom fit.
- Where safety is concerned, be sure to pay attention to the unique safety features and certifications each helmet offers. Choose one that fits the kind of skier you are. For example, the WildHorn Outfitters Drift Adult Snowboard & Ski Helmet has EPS construction that meets ASTM F2040 and EN1077 standards.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide