Veken Airtight Stainless Steel Coffee Canister
Last updated date: August 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Coffee Canisters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coffee Canister you should buy.
Update as August 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Coffee Canister for a detailed review of all the top coffee canisters.
Keep your coffee grinds fresh and flavorful with this coffee canister. It's constructed from a durable stainless steel and equipped with a built-in rotating date tracker. You'll discover a scale line on the inside and a handy 1/8-cup measuring scoop on the outside.
In our analysis of 106 expert reviews, the Veken Airtight Stainless Steel Coffee Canister placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Freshness is Everything – Our coffee canisters help maintain the freshness of your coffee beans by keeping air out and free of harmful oxidation with a one-way CO2 valve and 100% BPA-free silicone rubber seal. 304 Stainless Steel – As a coffee lover, you must never compromise on the material and quality of your coffee container. Veken containers are made of thick, high quality stainless steel to create a comfortable environment for coffee beans. Date Tracker & Free Scoop – Ensure your coffee is always fresh and not expired. You can set the storage or expiry dates with the date tracker on the lid of your Veken coffee storage canister. We also offer a free stainless steel coffee scoop, which can be attached to the hook! Perfect Size & Scale Line – Our coffee container has the perfect capacity to store coffee beans and the scale line will help you recognize when it is time to add more. Why purchase this product? – The affordable price, user-friendly functions and elegant design makes this coffee canister a great addition to your kitchen. In addition, our coffee canister is a great gift for friends and family. Purchase one today and enjoy the benefits of owning a Veken coffee canister.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coffee Canisters
It’s easier than ever to make delicious coffee at home. But as consumers have learned more about what makes a great cup of coffee, they’ve also learned about the short shelf life of coffee beans.
For coffee beans and grounds, two elements are the enemy: oxygen and light. From the time you open the bag, you put your coffee at risk. Even if you seal that bag back up, you can’t prevent oxygen from getting in. Complicating matters is the fact that coffee begins emitting oxygen within 24 hours of being roasted. Once this process, known as degassing, begins, oxygen starts seeping into the beans, which is what causes them to become stale.
With the right coffee canister, though, you can keep oxygen and sunlight out while also removing any oxygen coming off the beans. This is done through the use of a CO2 release valve that vents oxygen from inside the container while keeping oxygen out until you open it. As long as you seal the container up quickly, you’ll usually be able to maintain freshness for weeks.
Although many coffee canisters can easily be washed, the release valve itself should be removed first. It’s not designed to handle water or soap. Some containers also need a filter change on a regular basis, while others are maintenance free once you’ve taken them out of the package.
To make the canister as airtight as possible, you’ll find most coffee canisters have a locking mechanism on the lid. Pay attention to the design of this lock, as it can sometimes be tough to maneuver. Some locking mechanisms are built with ergonomics in mind. The easier it is to manipulate the lock, the less likely you’ll be to have a misfire and accidentally leave your canister unsealed.
One inconvenience that comes with a canister is that you don’t have the expiration date that comes on the bag. You can hold onto the bag, of course, but that’s something extra you have to manage. Instead, look for a coffee canister that has a dial on the top that lets you track the date. You can either set it for the month and day you inserted the coffee or the expiration date from the bag.
The Coffee Canister Buying Guide
- Whether you prefer whole beans or grounds, the canister will be just as effective.
- The mechanism that keeps your coffee fresh is a valve that releases gases. Pay close attention to the valve, especially if you’re concerned about BPA. Look for a canister that is completely BPA free, even the valve.
- The locking valve is one element that can vary dramatically from one canister to the next. Look for one that will be easy to use when it’s early in the morning and you haven’t yet had your first dose of caffeine.
- If you’re concerned about durability, look for a stainless-steel design that will hold up after multiple washes and uses.
- Some canisters have narrower mouths than others, which makes it tough to insert a scoop, especially as coffee levels get low. A wider mouth also makes it easier to hand wash.
- The look of your canister also will come into play since it will become part of your kitchen decor. Some canisters have a vintage look while others sport a more modern look. You’ll also find some come in multiple colors, while others stick strictly to the silver look of stainless steel.
- Some canisters have a filter that needs to be replaced occasionally. Keep in mind that this isn’t standard on all canisters and decide if you want to commit to that type of ongoing maintenance.
- Although most canisters are easy to clean, you’ll need to remove the valve on most models to avoid water exposure.
- If BPA is a concern for you, look for a canister with a stainless-steel build. However, even in stainless steel models, you may find BPA in the seal or other parts of the lid. Check to make sure the canister you choose is 100 percent BPA free.
- What do you do with the scoop you use to get your coffee from the canister to the coffeemaker? If you’re using a bag, you probably leave the scoop inside, which creates a mess when you try to get coffee the next day. Many coffee canisters come with a free scoop, but some also provide a handy place to store it on the side. That means you’ll never have to dig your scoop or search through your drawers again.
- Unlike bag storage, canisters contain everything inside. That means even the scents will be locked in, keeping your kitchen or, worse, your pantry from filling with the smell of coffee.
- Coffee canisters aren’t just great for keeping your coffee fresh. You can also use them to store everything from tea bags to flour to snacks. Buy several and make a matching set.
- Before you buy, take a look at the typical bag of coffee you buy. Most canisters have a capacity of one pound, and that should cover most bags of coffee grounds or beans. But if you buy in bulk, you may need to opt for the largest canister you can find.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide