Veet Infini’Silk Pro Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System
Last updated date: April 22, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laser Hair Removal Systems and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laser Hair Removal System you should buy.
Update as August 29, 2019:
Checkout The Best Laser Hair Removal System for a detailed review of all the top laser hair removal systems.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Veet Infini'Silk Pro Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Experience touchably smooth skin every day with Veet Infini’Silk Pro, the FDA-cleared IPL hair removal device for both women and men designed to give you Veet’s longest-lasting, smooth skin. Veet Infini’Silk Pro Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System for Home Use harnesses the same technology found in clinics and salons, so you can enjoy permanent hair reduction results – in the comfort of your home. Simply treat your skin with the intense pulsed light IPL hair removal technology, which is different than laser hair removal, and feel the permanent results in as few as four to five treatments. Veet Infini’Silk Pro is ideal for hair removal from your underarms, arms, stomach, bikini line, legs, back, and chest. Read the complete User Manual prior to use. This hair remover has safety features that make it possible to get professional hair removal treatments at home. The safety features include a recessed lamp surface with a built-in skin surface contact sensor, which ensures the light pulse will only be emitted on skin, and a skin color sensor, which ensures a pulse will be emitted only onto suitable skin tones. The Infini’Silk Pro Pro Light-Based Ipl Hair Removal System should not be used on darker skin tones or deeply tanned skin. Be sure to read the complete user manual for a complete safety guide before using Veet Infini’Silk Pro. Infini’Silk Pro emits pulses of light that target pigmented cells through hair follicles. These short bursts of light help stop hair growth at the root and deliver permanent hair reduction from arms, legs, shoulders, underarms, backs, chests, and bikini lines. The treatment lamp has a large surface (4 centimeter square), making it suitable for even large, stubborn-growth areas. Most individuals are able to see permanent hair reduction results in as few as ten sessions, with initial results noticeable after just four or five treatments. The number of treatments necessary to achieve permanent hair reduction will vary by individual and depends on skin color, hair color and type, plus other factors. Be sure to read the complete user manual for a complete safety guide before using Veet Infini’Silk Pro.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laser Hair Removal Systems
When it comes to grooming, hair is one of the most time-consuming parts of the human body. Hair seems to grow where you don’t want it to, and then, as you get older, stop growing where you need it. Waxing, shaving and plucking all work, but only for a limited period of time. You can stretch that a little farther by removing hair from the root by waxing or plucking, but those processes are both more painful than shaving.
That’s where laser hair removal comes in. Although it isn’t without pain, a series of laser hair removal treatments will buy you much more time than shaving, waxing or plucking. Although you’ll never get permanent baldness in the areas you treat, advancements in in-office laser treatments will at least ensure that you only occasionally need to spot treat various areas.
In-home laser treatments may not be quite as effective at achieving permanent results. But, you’ll still find a substantial lack of regrowth after a full course of treatments. There are plenty of kits you can buy that will let you do your own laser hair removal, which may be preferable to going to an office and having someone else do it. But safety is a top concern when handling your own hair removal since you won’t have the benefit of an expert handling things.
When looking at laser hair removal, it’s important to know one thing that the experts would tell you: It’s not equally effective for everyone. Over the years, it’s become clear that the same lasers don’t work on all skin colors. For darker skin, a professional would likely use an Nd:YAG laser that can get past the pigmentation better than a diode laser can. But even knowing that, those with darker skin may want to trust the experts for a very important reason: Laser hair removal can exacerbate hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation for those who are prone to it. If you’re darker-skinned and you try to perform laser hair removal at home, it’s especially important that you test out a patch or two of your skin before treating your whole body.
Your hair color and type also make a big difference in your results. If you have fine hair, or your hair is lighter in color, lasers can be completely ineffective. They work best with coarse hair that is brunette or darker. However, newer lasers can do better with all hair types and colors, except for gray, but you won’t find that with a home kit.
The Laser Hair Removal System Buying Guide
- If you’re going to be enduring the sting of laser hair removal, you’ll want to see results as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser uses the same diode lasers used in a professional setting. The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System promises up to 95 percent of hair removed after 12 treatments, but you’ll find the process takes several months. The Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light uses something called IPL technology, which is similar to what you see at the salon.
- You may feel intimidated by the process, but most home laser hair removal systems are easy to use. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser and Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System are both designed so that you can get started right out of the box.
- One of the best things about the Beauty Hair Removal Laser is the display that guides you through each step of the treatment. If you’re new to the process, that makes this model worth considering.
- Unfortunately, laser treatment won’t work on all skin types. Laser home removal kits are going to work best on light skin and dark hair, but the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light tries. It builds in a SensoAdapt™ feature that pays attention to your skin tone and suggests a level of intensity that will get the best results. You still may be disappointed if you have dark skin, though.
- Safety is also a concern if you have darker skin. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser tests your skin and hair to determine whether you should take precautions before using it. The Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System also tests your skin type.
- Chances are, you plan to use your laser hair remover on some of your most sensitive body parts. Even your face and underarms can be prone to reactions after treatment. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser and DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System are safe to use everywhere. The Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System is great for getting into smaller areas, especially on the face.
- It may seem like a small thing at the outset, but laser hair treatment can take time. For that reason, it helps to have a device that’s easy to hold. The lightweight design of the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System is great for this, as is the ergonomic shape of the Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light.
- When compared to the cost of multiple treatments with a professional, at-home laser hair removal is fairly affordable. You’ll buy the laser and use it to cover all your treatments moving forward. Still, some systems are more affordable than others, so it’s important to weigh features against cost.
- You’ll also need to factor in the cost of replacement cartridges since you’ll have to buy those as well. Although its sale price may be higher, the Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System’s replacement cartridges very affordable.
- The size of the sensor head determines how long it takes to treat various areas. The Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert Intense Pulsed Light has an aerodynamic head, which makes it easy to cover a large area, like your leg, in as little as eight minutes. This design also makes it easier to see the treatment head while you’re working. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser has a small sensor head, making sessions take a while.
- Although the instructions of your chosen device may state that you don’t need to wear safety goggles, you may want to take precautions. You can buy laser eye protection safety goggles for an affordable price.
- Numbing gel or topical anesthetic can help with the pain. Simply numb the area right before treatment and wait for it to dry. It’s a very inexpensive way to reduce the sting.
- You won’t get a completely pain-free laser hair removal session, no matter which device you choose. The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System provides a fairly painless experience, especially when combined with numbing gel.
- Another benefit of the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System is that it can do more than remove hair. You can also use it to treat acne.
- Safety is a top concern when you’re using lasers on your skin. First, it’s important to look for FDA approval on every device you choose. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser, DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System and Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System all have clearance from the FDA for use on the body.
- The DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System has an extra security precaution in the form of a safety sensor that won’t deliver the pulse until the head is pressed against your skin.
- You may find that there are side effects after using a laser for hair removal, but these are possible whether a professional is doing the treatments or you’re doing them yourself. They include skin redness and irritation, crusting, temporary changes in skin color, eye injury and increased risk of skin infection.
- As with in-office treatments, you’ll likely find it takes multiple sessions to get results. With the DEESS Series 3 Hair Removal System, you’ll need at least 6 to 10 treatments. With the Beauty Hair Removal Laser, the directions say to continue to treat the area every two weeks until you see results.
- One major differentiating factor between laser hair removal devices is how they’re powered. The Beauty Hair Removal Laser is cordless, which makes it easier to maneuver. However, it’s important to note that without a cord, you’re relying on battery, and you may have your session cut short when it dies. It might be better to go with a device like the Remington iLIGHT Pro Hair Removal System, which has an extendable cord to give you maneuverability without having to worry about battery life.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide