Veet Gel Hair Removal Cream, 13.5-Ounce
Last updated date: March 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hair Removal Creams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hair Removal Cream you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hair Removal Cream for a detailed review of all the top hair removal creams.
Designed for all types of hair, this pump-style hair remover can be used on the legs, as well as anywhere else on the body. It's infused with aloe and vitamin E to leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized. The special formula can also help keep ingrown hairs and bumps to a minimum.
In our analysis, the Veet Veet Gel Hair Removal Cream, 13.5-Ounce placed 2nd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Now live more spontaneous moments with Veet Hair Remover Cream that removes even stubborn hair in just few minutes. Enriched with active ingredients such as Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this hair removal cream for women moisturizes, leaving your skin feeling smooth and soft. The sensitive hair removal cream comes with delightful fragrance of Vanilla and Passion Fruit for a satisfying and breathtaking experience. This aloe vera hair removal cream is dermatologically tested and can be used for legs, arms, underarms and bikini hair removal. The results of Veet may last up to twice as long as shaving. It comes in a pump bottle with a spatula for easy dispensing, applying and removal. Suitable for: Creams can be used by everyone, including pregnant women. Teenagers under 16 are supposed to be supervised by an adult when using any depilatory method. Caution: Before every use, test your skin by applying and removing the product to a small part of the area as skin is a sensitive part of the body. If after 24 hours, there is no adverse reaction, continue to use. Veet cream is not suitable for use on head, face, eyes, nose, ears, around the anus, genitals and nipples. Read pack for full instructions before use. Do not exceed 10 minutes total application time.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hair Removal Creams
There are many ways to remove unwanted body hair, from waxing to lasers to epilators to old-fashioned razors. But one little-known method that’s been around for decades is something called depilatory hair removal cream.
With depilatory creams, you simply rub it on and wait. After a designated period of time has passed, you wipe the cream away using a damp washcloth or sponge. You’ll wipe in the opposite direction of hair growth, then rinse your skin with lukewarm water to make sure no cream remains.
How does this type of product work? Depilatory creams have chemicals like sodium thioglycolate, calcium thioglycolate and strontium sulfide that break down the protein bonds in your hair. It goes to work on the strand of the hair, not the root, so you won’t get the same experience you’d get from waxing or an epilator, but you also won’t get the painful experience you get when hairs are pulled out by the root.
However, depilatory creams have varying levels of effectiveness. They can especially face challenges with extremely coarse hair, which is harder to break down. But over the years, depilatory creams have improved so that they’re more effective, and some can even remove even the most stubborn hair.
The Hair Removal Cream Buying Guide
- The chemicals in depilatories can be harsh. Even if one is labeled safe for sensitive skin, test on a small area of your body and wait a day or two before using it all over.
- Even if a cream is labeled for use everywhere on the body, take caution when using it in sensitive areas like your face or genitals.
- Apply depilatories to dry skin. Don’t use any cream or lotion on the skin before starting the hair removal process.
- Follow the directions carefully. Leaving depilatories on too long can damage the skin.
- At one time, the chemical odors emitted by depilatory creams were overwhelming. Today’s creams have been formulated to reduce that smell, but you might want to open a window to ventilate the area while using.
- Avoid using depilatory creams on any skin that’s irritated or inflamed.
- While applying the cream, you’ll likely feel a tingling sensation. However, if it starts to burn, immediately wipe the cream off and rinse the area.
- After wiping off the depilatory cream and any removed hair, rinse with lukewarm water until all traces of the cream are gone. Do not use any products like body wash in the time immediately following removal.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide