Van Holten’s Jumbo Hot Pickles, 12-Pack
Last updated date: March 20, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pickle Snacks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pickle Snack you should buy.
Editor's Note March 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pickle Snack for a detailed review of all the top pickle snacks.
Those who like their greens with a dose of heat will love Van Holten's Jumbo Hot Pickles. These individually-wrapped pickles come out of the package crunchy and seasoned with plenty of spice. As a bonus, they're gluten-free and require no refrigeration if you need to take them on long trips.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Van Holten's Van Holten's Jumbo Hot Pickles, 12-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Van Holten's - Pickle-In-A-Pouch Jumbo Hot Pickles - 12 Pack. AMAZING TASTE - Our Hot & Spicy flavor turns up the heat without burning down the house. GLUTEN FREE - This tasty treat is made from gluten free ingredients. HEALTHY SNACK - Low calorie, fat free snack. PORTABILITY - Each pickle is securely sealed to the highest hygiene standards. TAKE ON THE GO - No refrigeration needed.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pickle Snacks
If you’ve acquired a taste for their salty, sour kick, pickles can be an irresistible snack. But did you know it’s also one of the most versatile?
Really, this should come as news to no one. We see pickles served up as side dishes and garnishes on everything from sandwiches to fine dining entrees. And as anyone who’s been to a county fair knows, they taste pretty decadent when fried.
The fermentation process that turns cucumbers into pickles also increases their longevity, which makes them the ideal candidate for a bagged snack. You can expect pickles that are traditionally brined in saltwater to last up to two years. Processed or dried pickle snacks can last significantly longer than that.
But are they healthy? Good question. Processed pickle snacks can vary wildly depending on what additives have been thrown into the mix, so check the packaging if you’re watching your calories or have allergies. Standard pickles are actually quite low in calories, but their sodium content is high. As with any snack, enjoy in moderation.
The Pickle Snack Buying Guide
- Pickles can be made either through soaking cucumbers in vinegar or saltwater. The former method can be done a lot quicker, but generally results in a different, more muted flavor. Saltwater brining not only brings out the signature kick of traditional pickles, but it can also impart extra health benefits. The saltwater ferments the cucumber, creating probiotics that can boost your gut health.
- Are pickles gluten-free? Not always. While there’s nothing in a bare-bones, traditional pickle that contains gluten, many commercially sold brands are at risk of cross-contamination. What’s more, pickles made with vinegar brine might trigger an allergy in those with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. It’s always best to check the packaging to be sure.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide