Valuxhome Remote Control Electric Fireplace
Last updated date: October 14, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Fireplaces and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Fireplace you should buy.
There's nothing more relaxing than curling up by the fireplace with a good book and a hot cup of tea. This electric fireplace may not have real logs, but it does come with life-like resin logs and multiple flame modes. The unit even makes fire cracking sounds like a real fireplace would. In our analysis of 71 expert reviews, the Valuxhome Valuxhome Remote Control Electric Fireplace placed 3rd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Fireplace for a detailed review of all the top electric fireplaces.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
INSERT INSTALLATION: The overall dimension: 35.6"W X 9.05"D X 27.5"H and the insert dimension is 32.44"W X 7.91"D X 26.38"H, the electric fireplace insert provides supplemental heat for a room up to 400 sq.ft; 5000 BTU; the room will be warm in a few minutes. 6ft power cable; Use 120V AC. MULTI FLAME MODES with LOG SPEAKER: Life-like resin logs, ember bed, 3 colors atmosphere light, variable brightness flame can be set according to your fancy; Log speaker design; Panel & remote control (Keep the distance to the fireplace within 11.5 feet) help you control the heater more convenient. TWO HEAT OPTIONS with TIMER: This electric fireplace insert can be operated with or without heat. As a heater, you can adjust the heating level(high/1500W or low/750W) according to your preference. A built-in timer for auto-shut off can be set for 1H to 9H. MODERN HOME DECOR: The fireplace insert can be perfectly installed in living room under TV, or entertainment center as a fireplace heater. Also it could be a decorative fireplace with no heat for year-round ambience. SAFETY: This electric fireplace uses LED technology, which requires no gas/oil, and smokeless/ashless and energy saving. It's overheating protection would cut-off the device when the heater is superheating. 1 year warranty and lifetime support by Valuxhome.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Fireplaces
A crackling fire can add cozy warmth to even the chilliest of winter nights. If you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace, you can toss some logs in and snuggle up for hours.
However, with great fireplace comes great responsibility. You’ve got to maintain your chimney and the flue, clean up burnt logs and keep pets and kids at a safe distance. Electric fireplaces are a modern option that requires tiring upkeep and cleaning out of the equation.
There are two ways to add an electric fireplace to your home. You can buy and assemble an electric fireplace and put it anywhere in your home. If you already have a fireplace but you’re tired of the maintenance, you can buy an electric fireplace insert instead.
Full electric fireplaces are shipped directly to your home. The parts usually come in two boxes: one to hold the fireplace and mantel and another to hold the electrical components. You can easily put it together on your own, then place it in any room that needs a little extra warmth.
Electric fireplaces create heat through metal coils. They heat up when the fireplace is plugged in and turned on, then a blower fan pushes the heat into the room. The fireplace is cool to the touch, so it’s safe for curious pets and rambunctious kids. It also doesn’t waste or lose any heat, since the fan pushes all of the warmth out into the room.
The electric fireplace’s realistic-looking flames are created by refracting the light from a normal light bulb. This creates a three-dimensional pattern for realistic-looking flames. You can also customize the look of your fireplace with imitation logs or pebbles.
Electric fireplaces come in a variety of styles. Some of them come as a single complete unit that you can move around to any room in your home. Others have an old-school style with a mantle that you can use to display photos and knick-knacks.
Electric fireplace inserts are a great way to turn your current fireplace into a cleaner, more energy-efficient operation. The inserts use the same technology as standard electric fireplaces, but they fit neatly into your home’s current fireplace. You can close up your flue, pop in the insert and enjoy remote-controlled “fires” after an easy installation.
A wall-mounted electric fireplace is ideal for anyone who’s after a more modern look. Some electric fireplaces are even designed to be installed inside your wall for a recessed look.
Whether you’re craving a classic look or searching for a futuristic electric fireplace, you’ll have to think about a few things before you commit to your fireplace. Our Tips & Advice can help you choose the electric fireplace of your dreams.
DWYM Fun Fact
Electric fireplaces are safer and cleaner than a standard fireplace with a chimney — but if you block off your fireplace with an electric insert, you might miss out on holiday cheer.
The legend of Santa coming down the chimney has been a Christmas staple since the 19th century. But long before that, chimneys were viewed as a connection between the spiritual world and the natural world. European folklore is filled with tales about supernatural creatures entering homes through the chimney.
Some creatures were welcome additions who helped with cleaning and upkeep during the night, and some left small gifts. Other supernatural forces weren’t so friendly. According to Celtic legends, a dangerous spirit called the bodach would sneak down chimneys to kidnap children from their nurseries.
So what does this mean for you if you buy an electric fireplace? You could be missing out on visits from Santa. We recommend stringing Christmas lights that point towards the front door every holiday season. Santa will still get to warm up with the realistic flames from your electric fireplace, and he’ll probably appreciate going through the front door instead of struggling to fit through a chimney.
The Electric Fireplace Buying Guide
- Once you’ve decided that you want an electric fireplace in your home, you’ll need to figure out which room it belongs in. Electric fireplaces offer you a lot of freedom in terms of where you can put them. They stay cool to the touch when they heat up, and the way they produce heat is relatively safe, so you don’t have to worry too much about kids or pets. However, you will want to check the maximum voltage on your wall outlets before you buy a fireplace and plug it in. If your fireplace exceeds the outlet’s maximum voltage, you could wind up with a busted fireplace and a hefty bill from the electrician.
- If you plan on moving your fireplace from room to room, check out the fireplace’s weight before you buy it. Some units are more lightweight at 28 pounds, while other models come in at a hefty 107 pounds.
- Double-check on how far away from your wall outlets are from where you intend to plug in your fireplace. Some models have a generous six-foot cord, while wall-mounted designs need to be right next to an outlet.
- If you already have a fireplace, you can save yourself a lot of time and energy by installing an electric fireplace insert. You won’t have to worry about ashes, extensive chimney maintenance or cleanup anymore.
- Electric fireplaces also double as space heaters for small areas. All of our top picks provide supplemental heat for up to 400 square feet.
- How precise do you need your temperature range to be? Some models have a range of 62 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit at 4-degree intervals, while others only come with high and low heat options.
- If you plan on dozing off to the crackling of your electric fireplace, you’ll want one with an auto-shutoff safety timer. All four of our top picks feature these timers.